ADVERTISEMENT

What are y’all doing to help?

I gave blood/plasma today, and am giving platelets next week. Have volunteered a little in a food bank, too. Not much, but something.

How about you guys?

I am doing my kids teachers jobs for free, while I do my own job. Meanwhile, the teacher collects a paycheck.

I usually get food from local spots or smaller chains. No McDonalds, Famous Dave’s.

I am doing my kids teachers jobs for free, while I do my own job. Meanwhile, the teacher collects a paycheck.

I usually get food from local spots or smaller chains. No McDonalds, Famous Dave’s.

I hate to tell you but the teachers are doing their best ... and aren’t you as a parent supposed to work with your child anyway?? I like how people have come to expect teachers to raise their kids for them... if anything this is a good wake up call for parents as teachers can’t do it all by themselves

I hate to tell you but the teachers are doing their best ... and aren’t you as a parent supposed to work with your child anyway?? I like how people have come to expect teachers to raise their kids for them... if anything this is a good wake up call for parents as teachers can’t do it all by themselves

Where did he say he expects teachers to raise his kids?

I feel bad for the parents who all of a sudden have to basically homeschool their kids, while still holding down a job.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
Where did he say he expects teachers to raise his kids?

I feel bad for the parents who all of a sudden have to basically homeschool their kids, while still holding down a job.

You want the schools reopened?

Maybe they are doing “their best”, but they’re having their students work being supervised by a computer and someone who is not a teacher. Teachers have to go to school and get certified. Even though I am probably smarter than a lot of teachers, I am not certified to be a teacher. Maybe I can be one of your family members fill in nurse or medical professional if they run of them. How does that sound?

I am supposed to raise them. However, I pay taxes and expect them to be taught by someone who is certified to teach them Monday thru Friday from 730 to 330 during school weeks. I am supposed to help them with their homework, not entire lesson plans. Not only that, the school district has not provided computers/tablets for them to use, so again, I have to provide that. Meanwhile, all the teachers are getting paid while someone else does their job for them. That is not fair to the parents or the kids. If you feel differently, then you’re probably a teacher or involved with one.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
I gave blood/plasma today, and am giving platelets next week. Have volunteered a little in a food bank, too. Not much, but something.

How about you guys?
Bro it's not a blood disease? What have you been watching. It's an upper respiratory virus. Thanks for doing your part even though it does no good to give blood. Good job on the Food Bank though Man

Bro it's not a blood disease? What have you been watching. It's an upper respiratory virus. Thanks for doing your part even though it does no good Good job on the Food Bank though Man

That is not the issue. As less people are going to blood banks to give blood. Blood banks are still asking for donations as people still get stabbed and in car wrecks.

That is not the issue. As less people are going to blood banks to give blood. Blood banks are still asking for donations as people still get stabbed and in car wrecks.
Ok well then sorry n good job unihorn, at least your doing what u can. I'm doing my part, by abiding by the quarantine so we can all put this behind us and get on to a fun unsuccessful Football Season

Maybe they are doing “their best”, but they’re having their students work being supervised by a computer and someone who is not a teacher. Teachers have to go to school and get certified. Even though I am probably smarter than a lot of teachers, I am not certified to be a teacher. Maybe I can be one of your family members fill in nurse or medical professional if they run of them. How does that sound?

I am supposed to raise them. However, I pay taxes and expect them to be taught by someone who is certified to teach them Monday thru Friday from 730 to 330 during school weeks. I am supposed to help them with their homework, not entire lesson plans. Not only that, the school district has not provided computers/tablets for them to use, so again, I have to provide that. Meanwhile, all the teachers are getting paid while someone else does their job for them. That is not fair to the parents or the kids. If you feel differently, then you’re probably a teacher or involved with one.

giphy.gif

Donating blood right now is extremely important. With so many of us in self quarantine, there is a decline in the amount of blood that is being donated in general and concern is out there for a blood supply shortage in the future. So thank you unihorn for your donation.

Me and my friends were able to donate to the San Antonio Food Bank with a monetary donation that was able to supply about 4,000 lbs of food. It was super easy to do and took about 1 hour with text messages and Apple Pay.

I just(about an hour ago) bought 300 masks. Kind of like the old school surgical masks they still have some(they will go fast) on Amazon. I sent 100 to El Paso 100 to San Antonio and 100 for my sister who is an ultrasound tech for a hospital here in Las Vegas for a while they weren't providing any PPE until a few days ago, now she has some backup.

What does it matter you sad sack, we’ve all got to do deal with it , grow some balls and deal with it

Who said he isn't dealing with it?

This is a message board. Learn to deal with opposing viewpoints.

You and randaddy should buy some Hooked on Phonics tapes and study together. It always amazes me how many people don't know to to construct a complete sentence.

My work demand grew and was told by my pastor and order to stand down; but for 23 years almost everyday and everyweekend I do ministry work.

My work demand grew and was told by my pastor and order to stand down; but for 23 years almost everyday and everyweekend I do ministry work.

Is your ministry work something you get paid for? Or do you do it on a “volunteer” basis? I would bet you don’t get paid a single cent, so you could just stop doing it.

I am a teacher and maybe it’s not the same down there as it is here... but it pisses me off when people say we are getting paid for nothing... I am up every morning calling and on the phone with parents, have set up lesson plans for the kids to push their work out on google classroom, have setup lessons for them online that have been recorded, we are having one on one sessions going over homework.... we are having daily professional development work with our school .... I almost have a plate that’s more full than before.... I am sick and tired of teachers not getting the respect they deserve.... and down here all students who have needed one are being provided laptops and internet.... teachers miss their students and want this even less than you do... but to say we are doing nothing during this time is absolute and utter nonsense... you don’t have a clue!

I am a teacher and maybe it’s not the same down there as it is here... but it pisses me off when people say we are getting paid for nothing... I am up every morning calling and on the phone with parents, have set up lesson plans for the kids to push their work out on google classroom, have setup lessons for them online that have been recorded, we are having one on one sessions going over homework.... we are having daily professional development work with our school .... I almost have a plate that’s more full than before.... I am sick and tired of teachers not getting the respect they deserve.... and down here all students who have needed one are being provided laptops and internet.... teachers miss their students and want this even less than you do... but to say we are doing nothing during this time is absolute and utter nonsense... you don’t have a clue!

I do have a clue. One teacher had texted us one time and has had 1 FaceTime session. Why? Because I am the one answering questions while I do my own work. There’s probably a lot of parents out there, who can’t answer questions or have to go to work outside their home. That’s what YOU’RE paid to do. I am not paid to teach my kids school work.

So sorry if you have to answer questions. Isn’t that your ****ing job?

I have no problem answering questions and I enjoy talking to the parents... what’s your point ?

and you have no clue what’s going on behind the scenes with most teachers...

I do have a clue. One teacher had texted us one time and has had 1 FaceTime session. Why? Because I am the one answering questions while I do my own work. There’s probably a lot of parents out there, who can’t answer questions or have to go to work outside their home. That’s what YOU’RE paid to do. I am not paid to teach my kids school work.

And I'll bet your kids are a pain in the ass...apples don't fall far from the tree. Are they masters at hijacking discussion threads and turning them into shitpiles? How many times have you been banned from this board FireGaryNord? Just a simple question that you should be able to answer honestly...

Reactions: minermx07
Upmost respect to you db. I have heard people from different industries, both public and private, saying they are the "back bone of the country" but only teachers have claim to that mantle since antiquity.

Who taught them the basics? Teachers. Even home schools moms rely on guess who? Teachers (who set the curriculum that homeschoolers subscribe to especially if the topic is way above their head).

Reactions: topminer
Upmost respect to you db. I have heard people from different industries, both public and private, saying they are the "back bone of the country" but only teachers have claim to that mantle since antiquity.

Who taught them the basics? Teachers. Even home schools moms rely on guess who? Teachers (who set the curriculum that homeschoolers subscribe to especially if the topic is way above their head).
Appreciate it

I usually dont let things bug me, but we are scrambling right now trying to do everything we can to reach our students and care soo much about our kids and it’s frustrating when I hear stupidity

Reactions: topminer

He doesn’t seem to have issue with answering questions, but rather people who have no idea what goes into teaching at this time and make outlandish assumptions and state those assumptions on a forum as if they’re true.

That’s like me saying you don’t do shit at your job right now. How the **** would I know that?

Just because your experience has sucked so far, that may be a reflection of a shitty teacher, which there are plenty of them just like in any other profession. You should check into it. I’d guess the district your kids are in would have issue with the fact you’ve only been contacted once.

I’m also speaking from experience as my days are full of educating students from morning until late afternoon.

I feel blessed to still have a job and a regular paycheck, but I work hard. You should hold off on making such generalized assumptions.

And I'll bet your kids are a pain in the ass...apples don't fall far from the tree. Are they masters at hijacking discussion threads and turning them into shitpiles? How many times have you been banned from this board FireGaryNord? Just a simple question that you should be able to answer honestly...

I’ve been banned too many times to count. I never post rumors, attack players, and most of my posts are fact based. There are a bunch of little girls on this board, who can’t handle seeing “negative” posts about UTEP.

Just to let you know, this is a persona. Yes, it’s a little of myself, but it’s just a message board. Don’t get it twisted boy.

I’ve been banned too many times to count. I never post rumors, attack players, and most of my posts are fact based. There are a bunch of little girls on this board, who can’t handle seeing “negative” posts about UTEP.

Just to let you know, this is a persona. Yes, it’s a little of myself, but it’s just a message board. Don’t get it twisted boy.

From the keyboard of a twisted breeder who has produced POS children...I only post "facts". And by the way, I pay taxes so that your lazy ass can sit behind a computer and bitch about your sorry life all day.

Just to get back to the original posting--I am donating food to a food bank later this week, and, as soon as I receive it, I will be delivering a large Amazon order of soap to the homeless shelter downtown.

Last edited:
So is "twisted breeder" Cybil; or is it Bob, Mr. Multiple Personas? Most of us realize you have created these multiple personalities just so Autoerotic Boy has someone to like his posts...

Now who’s hijacking threads? You can believe what you want, I don’t give a fvck who you think I am or not.

Now who’s hijacking threads? You can believe what you want, I don’t give a fvck who you think I am or not.

Bob, let me repost what your anti-intelligent ass could not read (just so we get this thread back on track)---

'I am donating food to a food bank later this week, and, as soon as I receive it, I will be delivering a large Amazon order of soap to the homeless shelter downtown."

Now that I've repeated myself, did the words finally sink in? What is your sorry excuse for a life doing, or are you and Autoerotic Boy content just to spend all of your time masturbating and hi-jacking threads?

Last edited:
Bob, let me repost what your anti-intelligent ass could not read (just so we get this thread back on track)---

'I am donating food to a food bank later this week, and, as soon as I receive it, I will be delivering a large Amazon order of soap to the homeless shelter downtown."

Now that I've repeated myself, did the words finally sink in? What is your sorry excuse for a life doing, or are you and Autoerotic Boy content to spending all of your time masturbating and hi-jacking threads?

Congrats you finally cracked the code! You’re so smart! You got what I wanted, another thread actually hijacked by a random poster in which they change the subject to myself and “autoerotica boy”.

Congrats you finally cracked the code! You’re so smart! You got what I wanted, another thread actually hijacked by a random poster in which they change the subject to myself and “autoerotica boy”.

Again, let me post it a third time just so your pathetic ass understands, and you stop gaslighting--

This is a "fact."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT