ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Terry makes 1st UTEP offer / Basketball Recruiting

EP1 with his double standards. We sign a D1 player with impressive stats that’s wanted by many top programs and he’s not impressed. UH signs a former walk on D2 player with only two offers and he takes the bait defending the signing.

I'm pretty happy with what we have. I think now we just need a guy who's 6'9 or taller who can come in for a few minutes at a time in case one of our young bigs is in foul trouble. A Will Kimble type.

Reactions: miner1liner
Well i dont believe him.
Troll-bait_o_59195.jpg

You know basketball is going to be exciting when you fans on here posting stuff at a quarter 'till one or four in the morning.

How many available scholarships do we have available?
Haven't kept up with the recruits. Nor sure but I think we
have 8 or 9 players for the upcoming season.

Go miners...

Last edited:
How many available scholarships do we have available?
Haven't kept up with the recruits. Nor sure but I think we
have 8 or 9 players for the upcoming season.

Go miners...
Well we have these guys that stayed:
Gilyard PG
McGee PG
Osborne G
Thomas F

2018 new recruits:
Odigie C/F
Ezeagu C/F
Stroud G/SF
Hawkins PG/G

2019 1 year transfers:
Boum G
Tarke SF/F
Also waiting for Williams F to decide.

We have 8 players for 2018 and 4 open scholarships for 2019 as of this moment (If Williams signs then its 3).

Biggest recruiting targets for 2019 as of now are Sedrick Hammonds PG, Victor Iwuakor F and Antwon January C/F.

Well we have these guys that stayed:
Gilyard PG
McGee PG
Osborne G
Thomas F

2018 new recruits:
Odigie C/F
Ezeagu C/F
Stroud G/SF
Hawkins PG/G

2019 1 year transfers:
Boum G
Tarke SF/F

Also waiting for Williams F to decide.

We have 8 players for 2018 and 4 open scholarships for 2019 as of this moment (If Williams signs then its 3).

Biggest recruiting targets for 2019 as of now are Sedrick Hammonds PG, Victor Iwuakor F and Antwon January C/F.
If by 1 year transfers you mean they have to sit this coming season then yes, but Boum will then have 3 yrs eligibility and Tarke will have 2.

Reactions: axingfools1
Thanks for the info guys.
The roster doesn't look bad. The only bad thing is that we
don't have a bench. We need at least two guys to give the
starters a rest. We need a, 4 and 5.

Reactions: minermx07
Thanks for the info guys.
The roster doesn't look bad. The only bad thing is that we
don't have a bench. We need at least two guys to give the
starters a rest. We need a, 4 and 5.
At least one more big. Terry hasn't announced the class yet so there is still hope. Other thing is we need Stroud to sign LOI and get some confirmation that the players are here.

If I'm correct, we still have 3 scholarships available. Hopefully Williams takes one and we can give the last 2 to graduate transfers who dont have to be particularly good, just guys that the others can practice against, and play some spot minutes.

Reactions: miner1liner
Yeah I'm growing concern over Stroud. Only commit that hasn't been introduced on utep mbb ig either

His shot release is low and slow. Not sure why we'd give a scholly to another guard who's clearly more suited as a lower D1 or D2 athlete

Can we even offer a scholly right now? Could he be a walkon? Things I don't know....

Verbal Commits shows he has an offer from UTEP. I know in fb a preferred walk on often times receives an “offer” so to speak. Not sure if that’s the case in bb or not.

Going after another guard is perplexing to me. Perhaps CRT knows something about someone (a big) that we don’t. Just doesn’t make much sense otherwise.

Reactions: topminer
His shot release is low and slow. Not sure why we'd give a scholly to another guard who's clearly more suited as a lower D1 or D2 athlete
That can be taught and is actually learned as the player develops through the level of competition.

Look for the Miner game to go into a wee bit of turbo drive and they only way to do that is with a constant rotation of guards to keep it going.

"Buckle up, buckaroo's!":p

giphy.gif

Reactions: UTEPMiners8106
Verbal Commits shows he has an offer from UTEP. I know in fb a preferred walk on often times receives an “offer” so to speak. Not sure if that’s the case in bb or not.

Going after another guard is perplexing to me. Perhaps CRT knows something about someone (a big) that we don’t. Just doesn’t make much sense otherwise.
I think we were all surprised by this commit. I didn’t see anything on Twitter of him being chased by UTEP. So I do expect a big man commitment out of left field soon.

This was really a surprise especially after a hibernation period.
I thought that Coach Terry was after some big guys. We got a
couple more months left. Lets just wait and let Coach Terry
do his thing.

Go Miners...

I don’t see the issue here. All 13 scholarship players can’t be stars. Nothing wrong with having a Trey Touchet type player on the team. What’s his GPA? He might turn out to be a good player.

I think the concern is size, height in particular. We need more of it. With that said, I think the general consensus is that we trust in Terry.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT