ADVERTISEMENT

Fire Senter!

Minerforlife

MI Hall of Famer
Sep 11, 2013
There is only on AD in the country who would've hired Dimel. Senter is in way over his head. His hiring of Dimel is inexcusable. You dont get a mulligan when you show that much lack of judgement. We need new leadership immediately. We are stuck with Dimel for another season. Senter should be unemployed tommorow. As impossible as it sounds we downgraded AD and football coach. That is astounding when you realize what dumpster fire the previous two men who held those jobs were. Senter is completely incompetent. Wilson needs to show some leadership and hold him accountable for this shit show.

He's going to be judged on Terry, too. If Terry delivers us to the NCAA Tourney, then what?

Bit premature and slightly arrogant to ask for his head. Yeah, Dimel hire is turning out to be real bad. You know what, employers CAN and WILL make bad hires. Happens everywhere.

Remember, he made the hire with Richard Adaulto who was Natalicos person for athletics since she didn’t care for it. What about CRT? Bit early for him. AD’s also have to be judged on a whole list of items other than one item. How is the fundraising going? People are cheap and don’t want to donate to a program that sucks, then the same people turn around and complain about a lack of fancy lighting or better coaches. It’s a vicious cycle.

Will heads roll? Yes. Do we need a constant cycle of firing on a whim that creates instability? No

Bit premature and slightly arrogant to ask for his head. Yeah, Dimel hire is turning out to be real bad. You know what, employers CAN and WILL make bad hires. Happens everywhere.

Remember, he made the hire with Richard Adaulto who was Natalicos person for athletics since she didn’t care for it. What about CRT? Bit early for him. AD’s also have to be judged on a whole list of items other than one item. How is the fundraising going? People are cheap and don’t want to donate to a program that sucks, then the same people turn around and complain about a lack of fancy lighting or better coaches. It’s a vicious cycle.

Will heads roll? Yes. Do we need a constant cycle of firing on a whim that creates instability? No
Our school for being so terrible at sports, has had a crazy amount of stability. Stull was allowed to be bad for multiple years. Same with Floyd and Kugler. Senter was hired by the previous administration. It's not crazy for the new administration to hire a new AD. The new AD can then start bringing their own people.

I’m starting to think the only success we’ve had at Utep recently was because of Rhoades.

You know, one thing I've learned being a UTEP fan over the years is that we're not a football school. We never have been, and we certainly aren't now. Anything is possible, but I don't see any moves that would ever lead me to believe we'll be one in the future.

I do believe the fans at large tend to favor football, but that doesn't make us a "football school".

Senter isn't a miracle worker, and I doubt he had a viable list of qualified candidates to choose from when recruiting a HC. We are literally known as a school where fb coaches go to die.

Senter should rightly be judged on our success in basketball. It's the only money sport where he has a good chance of finding a qualified coach that's willing to come here. This has been proven several times in the post Haskins era

That is just a knee jerk reaction —- no way in hell should Senter be fired for one bad hire... didn’t he also hire terry? Terry hasn’t proven anything yet but from everything we see he looks to have been a good hire... if anyone should be fired it’s the offensive coordinator he has got to go...

Reactions: MINER.JAY
Honest question. If Terry doesn’t live up to our high expectations how hot will Senter’s seat be?

When Floyd was hired everyone in El Paso thought he was the second coming of Haskins.

If you have been on this site the last four years you would understand what angle life is coming from. UTEP is losing big money and has been since Kugler's last two years. Second, if you follow FBS closely, you want to see big progress in year two. Price did it, Kugler did by taking UTEP to bowl games by year two. So even at UTEP, it can be done and that's the expectation at this level, not something that life plucked out of the air.

Senter went into rebuild mode by hiring Dimel, it is normal. But since Senter has not directed an athletic department this large (and UTEP is small for mid majors) did he lack proper judgement in hiring Dimel who did have a resume that was not great at the HC spot and he was forced out in Manhattan, Kansas for an offense that was lack luster?

Honest question. If Terry doesn’t live up to our high expectations how hot will Senter’s seat be?

When Floyd was hired everyone in El Paso thought he was the second coming of Haskins.
Floyd's problems were glaring by year one: High risk, high reward recruiting that blew up in his face. His first recruiting class had a big man who publicly admitted he can't do college course work.

Unfortunately, Dimmel has a past. You can't hire a guy with that past to this school. That was arrogant and shows a severe lack of judgement. If a coach with a different past replicated Dimmel's results we would feel a little less bad.

Fire Senter? No.
Fire Dimel and his staff? Yes, as soon as the season ends and you figure out how extricate or dissolve the buy out.

Reactions: Roy_Bigwood_05
There is only on AD in the country who would've hired Dimel. Senter is in way over his head. His hiring of Dimel is inexcusable. You dont get a mulligan when you show that much lack of judgement. We need new leadership immediately. We are stuck with Dimel for another season. Senter should be unemployed tommorow. As impossible as it sounds we downgraded AD and football coach. That is astounding when you realize what dumpster fire the previous two men who held those jobs were. Senter is completely incompetent. Wilson needs to show some leadership and hold him accountable for this shit show.
I don't think he hired Dimel. That was in the works before Stull left.

Maybe, but there’s no way Senter would have hired Dimel if he didn’t like him. Stull might have suggested him, but Senter interviewed and gave him the job. Can’t blame Stull for that

You know, one thing I've learned being a UTEP fan over the years is that we're not a football school. We never have been, and we certainly aren't now. Anything is possible, but I don't see any moves that would ever lead me to believe we'll be one in the future.

Preach! Our goal should be to be like Kansa or Duke. A basketball school that latches on to a good conference but does squat on the football side. I know Kansas is trying to turn it around in football, but they are still paying Charlie Wise because of their efforts.

Preach! Our goal should be to be like Kansa or Duke. A basketball school that latches on to a good conference but does squat on the football side. I know Kansas is trying to turn it around in football, but they are still paying Charlie Wise because of their efforts.

Kansas joined the Big 8 in 1907 and Duke joined the ACC in 1953. They are both in those same conferences today. They did not latch onto a conference because of their basketball accomplishments.

Reactions: Minerinciter
Yes, he did. I heard a Senter interview on the radio (I forgot what station) last summer and he was asked why Dimel? He mentioned at that time that he loved his presentation and energy and his plan of attack during the interview and how he did his homework on UTEP football and was watching UTEP from Manhattan at what was happening with the program.

What that means is he knew he was out the door at KSU and saw UTEP position opening up, so to speak.

Stull also publicly stated it will up to the new incoming AD as too who the new HC would be.

Reactions: Lil_Train
Even Dook has been going to bowl games recently. They just had their quarterback drafted 6th overall in the last draft.

Yes, he did. I heard a Senter interview on the radio (I forgot what station) last summer and he was asked why Dimel? He mentioned at that time that he loved his presentation and energy and his plan of attack during the interview and how he did his homework on UTEP football and was watching UTEP from Manhattan at what was happening with the program.

What that means is he knew he was out the door at KSU and saw UTEP position opening up, so to speak.
Damn! If Dimel can put together such an impressive PowerPoint presentation, maybe we should hire him as AD! Fire Senter, then fire Dimel, then hire Dimel as AD! It sounds like he might actually have the tools for that job.

Reactions: USAFminersfan
Damn! If Dimel can put together such an impressive PowerPoint presentation, maybe we should hire him as AD! Fire Senter, then fire Dimel, then hire Dimel as AD! It sounds like he might actually have the tools for that job.
Common theme on radio is that Dimel was at KSU during the dark years as a graduate assistant and got to see Snyder totally rebuild. No mention of Wyoming and Houston days.

Well, we aint getting better this year. We SUCK! So lets move on and have fun at the games...or not. But lets not fall apart every week. I hate to even look at this site on Sundays and Mondays nowadays.

You should’ve seen his transitions from slide to slide!

What does Floyd have to do with Senter? Not to me to mention we have a new president.

Make your voice heard here. If you want the AD fired, tell him at 5. Not trolling, just being straight forward
Saturday will calm restless spirits. UTEP didn't give up on me when I couldn't get my crap straight coming out of high school. I will not give up on UTEP. I support Senter.

If UTEP can't recruit good, quality football players to be competitive at the FBS-level then, sorry to say, they need to fire the coach and bring in a coach that runs the triple option like Paul Johnson (or a assistant from one of the service-academies)and just recruit athletes and offensive lineman. Poor QB play and leaving the defense out on the field forever is killing the team. Every incomplete pass is stopping the clock. Every drooped pass and interception is demoralizing. UTEP should use athletes to run the ball almost exclusively and burn clock. Make teams have to prepare for us. Keep the scores close and down. Fans will come if the team appears to be competitive. I support Senter, but change on the field has to happen now, not later.

Reactions: MINER.JAY
If UTEP can't recruit good, quality football players to be competitive at the FBS-level then, sorry to say, they need to fire the coach and bring in a coach that runs the triple option like Paul Johnson (or a assistant from one of the service-academies)and just recruit athletes and offensive lineman. Poor QB play and leaving the defense out on the field forever is killing the team. Every incomplete pass is stopping the clock. Every drooped pass and interception is demoralizing. UTEP should use athletes to run the ball almost exclusively and burn clock. Make teams have to prepare for us. Keep the scores close and down. Fans will come if the team appears to be competitive. I support Senter, but change on the field has to happen now, not later.

Actually, time of possession heavily favored UTEP. FIU’s defense was on the field 15 more minutes than the Miners’. Crazy, huh?

That is crazy...but I am talking in general... a change needs to be made.

I know, I get it. I’ve made it abundantly clear that I don’t have faith that Dimel can get it done. I’ve seen enough to be convinced of that.

I just heard the stat the other night towards the end of the game about TOP. Had I not heard it, I’d have wagered that UTEP’s defense was on the field more than FIU’s.

The 1989 Cowboys and 2008 Detroit Lions taught me exhibition games mean nothing when the regular season starts. Still, I am very much looking forward to basketball
Our 2018 exhibitions vs Tech and GCU sure meant something. They proved we were no good.

The football product is crap. However fans who are saying fire Dimel already clearly do not understand college football at this level. I for one don't think he was a good hire, but a coach at UTEPs level can't be fired in year 2. These are mostly players Kugler recruited not Dimel. Kugler recruited awful and that's what we see out there on the field. Dimel has some of his players, but not even half this team is his. The QBs have not at all panned out and that's one of the reasons we look so awful. Point is if in year 3 no improvement is shown then he should be fired, not year 2. Also Senter is the athletic director not football director. His performance will be made on all sports both on the field and in the class. His job is also too early to be in Jeapordy. We will all feel a little better if basketball makes it to NCAA.

Dimel was brought to stabilize the ship. The bilge pump broke so more water is coming in.

The football product is crap. However fans who are saying fire Dimel already clearly do not understand college football at this level. I for one don't think he was a good hire, but a coach at UTEPs level can't be fired in year 2.

To recap, you don’t think Dismel was a good hire and the football product is crap, but those who want him fired don’t understand college football at this level and he can’t be fired. Is that right?

To recap, you don’t think Dismel was a good hire and the football product is crap, but those who want him fired don’t understand college football at this level and he can’t be fired. Is that right?
You don't understand low level d1 college football, if you didn't understand what I said. I didn't agree with the hire, but he had to get at least 3 years, because he's still playing with Kuglers players for the most part. Yes they suck, but how do you fire him half in to second seas

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT