ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting

The kids who have been offered and have signed are the BEST kids in that program. Lets not forget they went undefeated (yes in FCS) but many of these kids who went in the portal got plenty of other FBS offers so they are legitimate... AND YES, it is a good sign that they followed this staff. It's gonna be fun!

and a bit off topic here but did i read it correctly??? NO Tailgating allowed at the SUN??

The thing that jumps out is I haven't seen any DL guys yet. I thought that area would need to be addressed early. Maybe Walden is looking at portal transfers. I like the emphasis on adding speed guys. I thought that has been lacking for a long time.
We certainly added speed -- he loves that fast offense... In JJ Clark we trust. He will fill any gaps he thinks he has on the DL

We certainly added speed -- he loves that fast offense... In JJ Clark we trust. He will fill any gaps he thinks he has on the DL
Yep. Definitely some work to be done there (DL).

Also, Walden did add three QBs, but none with FBS experience. I know Locklear has played some at AP and shows some potential. Walden mentioned he liked McConnell (primarily his deep ball). I'm wondering if Walden continues to work the portal in that area as well. Finding QB1 is critical.

This staff needs to go hard after that NMSU frosh QB. He entered the portal.

If they can land him, he can start, and excel in this offense.

The thing that jumps out is I haven't seen any DL guys yet. I thought that area would need to be addressed early. Maybe Walden is looking at portal transfers. I like the emphasis on adding speed guys. I thought that has been lacking for a long time.
It's a 3 DL system. I have seen on twitter that he has offered some DLs. He had one visit already, just hasn't committed yet. Maybe he's comfortable with what UTEP already has?

It's a 3 DL system. I have seen on twitter that he has offered some DLs. He had one visit already, just hasn't committed yet. Maybe he's comfortable with what UTEP already has?
I thought the guys playing upfront were pretty average last year, and some of those guys are gone. It is tough to get every area addressed in one cycle, especially with so many holes. I do like the guys he brought in from AP. Kind of gives off UIW -> Texas State vibes from last year, but those guys also brought in a bunch of P5 dudes as well (~50 new guys overall). There's still alot of time to add if Walden decides to.

I thought the guys playing upfront were pretty average last year, and some of those guys are gone. It is tough to get every area addressed in one cycle, especially with so many holes. I do like the guys he brought in from AP. Kind of gives off UIW -> Texas State vibes from last year, but those guys also brought in a bunch of P5 dudes as well (~50 new guys overall). There's still alot of time to add if Walden decides to.

It was James Gillespie that visited. ULM transfer.

Dimel could recruit but couldn't coach them up or call plays that took advantage of the talent on the field. If Walden and his assistants can do better in those areas, we will see an improvement. Plus, first season recruiting for a new coach is a game of catchup. Hopefully, we'll see better in the next cycle.

Reactions: bamfor
I don't see it with this class so far. I'm not seeing anyone that's better than the players we had last season. My only hope is that the coaching might be significantly better.
Well for one the scheme and offense will be more open and won't be just to waste time. Also the skill players brought over have more speed than we had last year. With that said, still gotta see who's back from last year when the dust settles and who will make immediate contributions.

Well for one the scheme and offense will be more open and won't be just to waste time. Also the skill players brought over have more speed than we had last year. With that said, still gotta see who's back from last year when the dust settles and who will make immediate contributions.

Be careful what you wish for. This offense looks great when it’s clicking but running a play every 10 seconds can lead to a 30 second 3 and out. I’m all in with Coach Walden and excited to see the Spring Roster.

Be careful what you wish for. This offense looks great when it’s clicking but running a play every 10 seconds can lead to a 30 second 3 and out. I’m all in with Coach Walden and excited to see the Spring Roster.
Guess we gotta complete passes, huh? Lol A RS freshman QB and 2 HS freshmen. Ack....I really think Smith switches position

It does get frustrating at times -- not gonna lie but the end results work or that go route for a BIG TD is always fun...

Not a single one of the players would have been even in the top five for fastest player on the team last year in my opinion. I think Tyrin would walk down everyone in this class, minus two people and he wasn't even in the top 5. Just my opinion though. I do agree with you though that the scheme will allow the players to play significantly faster than last year. Fingers crossed it will net a favorable result.

Reactions: kickballpro
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT