ADVERTISEMENT

Football vacancy

I am all in on Marion. These days, you can crowdsource the decision. If Senter lays an egg he needs to be done.

That being said, is Marion interviewing while his team is playing for the conference championship?
I hope not, cause UNLV offense hasn't been good today, but mainly due to mistakes and turnovers

He's short and bald. Not a fan.
He's probably a hell of a coach, motivator and can recruit Texas at least. I just don't think it'd be a quick turnaround with him which is what we need and I'd prefer, but who knows. We'll see what happens tomorrow. I think we hear who's are guy tomorrow with official announcement Monday.

Reactions: PickMyAxe915
He's probably a hell of a coach, motivator and can recruit Texas at least. I just don't think it'd be a quick turnaround with him which is what we need and I'd prefer, but who knows. We'll see what happens tomorrow. I think we hear who's are guy tomorrow with official announcement Monday.
I want someone with P5 experience and Texas ties. And with that, hopefully a philosophy that will heavily recruit the portal. If Perry is that guy, I'll take him. With the right coach, a turnaround can happen quickly... look at NMSU.

Reactions: nattybry
I want someone with P5 experience and Texas ties. And with that, hopefully a philosophy that will heavily recruit the portal. If Perry is that guy, I'll take him. With the right coach, a turnaround can happen quickly... look at NMSU.
I'm trying to talk myself into it slowly, cause I think he's currently the odds on favorite I guess SMH 😏. My new order after today is Walden, Marion, Perry, Price. If this are in fact the only 4 we have to choose from. Watching SMU hoping they win, so Utep will get more mula for upgrades, better coaches and buy out money lol If we can piggy back off Liberty's success to benefit us, so be it lol

Last edited:
I'm trying to talk myself into it slowly, cause I think he's currently the odds on favorite I guess SMH 😏. My new order after today is Walden, Marrion, Perry, Price. If this are in fact the only 4 we have to choose from. Watching SMU hoping they win, so Utep will get more mula for upgrades, better coaches and buy out money lol If we can piggy back off Liberty's success to benefit us, so be it lol
These might be the only 4 interested in the job. What else can utep do? I would love to see Stein, Patterson, Banks, etc interviewed as well.

These might be the only 4 interested in the job. What else can utep do? I would love to see Stein, Patterson, Banks, etc interviewed as well.
I know our history, but ww are an FBS school, and turning around this program would be huge on a resume. There are far more than four FBS coordinators and FCS head coaches who would take this job. These are the four finalists that Senter chose.

Last edited:
I know our history, but ww are an FBS school, and turning around this program would be huge on resume. There are far more than four FBS coordinators and FCS head coaches who would take this job. These are the four finalists that Senter chose.
I agree with you, this is an FBS school located in Texas. I get it our history is bad, but with the right coach and transfer portal you can turn this program around a lot quicker. Just look at what Kill has done in two years at nmsu. nmsu was in worse shape than UTEP, and they’re going to their second straight bowl. If you succeed here you will be able to go to a P5 school. I think Senter is lazy or incompetent and probably wants to go cheap instead of doing his due diligence and contacting higher quality candidates. For UTEP to be able to attract a better pool of candidates they have to pay a base salary of $1 million plus incentives. If they start at $1 million the pool of candidates improves greatly. UTEP has the money and they need to pony up. Senter has to be proactive and contact top coordinators with proven track records or successful FCS coaches. We can’t continue to settle for less. This might be our last chance to do things right. History has shown El Paso will support a winner. Let’s try something different.

I agree with you, this is an FBS school located in Texas. I get it our history is bad, but with the right coach and transfer portal you can turn this program around a lot quicker. Just look at what Kill has done in two years at nmsu. nmsu was in worse shape than UTEP, and they’re going to their second straight bowl. If you succeed here you will be able to go to a P5 school. I think Senter is lazy or incompetent and probably wants to go cheap instead of doing his due diligence and contacting higher quality candidates. For UTEP to be able to attract a better pool of candidates they have to pay a base salary of $1 million plus incentives. If they start at $1 million the pool of candidates improves greatly. UTEP has the money and they need to pony up. Senter has to be proactive and contact top coordinators with proven track records or successful FCS coaches. We can’t continue to settle for less. This might be our last chance to do things right. History has shown El Paso will support a winner. Let’s try something different.
100% Correct on all points

I agree, but will add there also needs to be a football NIL in place. Any coach that is worth anything is going to need $$$ to work the portal.

I agree, but will add there also needs to be a football NIL in place. Any coach that is worth anything is going to need $$$ to work the portal.
Supposedly there will be. It's already been said that it's currently being put in place along with facility upgrades. We'll see I guess, but if so I'm sure the coaches were informed of this.

Looking at Joey McGuire's resume, it's pretty similar to Kenny Perry. I'm sure Texas Tech fans were questioning him being hired at the time as well. I'm still hoping it's Walden or Marion, but I know it's not fair to say someone will fail before even getting hired or being given the chance. I'll support whatever new coach is hired and give him the benefit of the doubt I suppose SMH 😏

Looking at Joey McGuire's resume, it's pretty similar to Kenny Perry. I'm sure Texas Tech fans were questioning him being hired at the time as well. I'm still hoping it's Walden or Marion, but I know it's not fair to say someone will fail before even getting hired or being given the chance. I'll support whatever new coach is hired and give him the benefit of the doubt I suppose SMH 😏
We will know quickly if the new coach has got it. The transfer portal is pretty open.

Eric Price. Really?! Bet the boosters would like Kugler back as OL coach too. F U C K YOU UTEP!
Well he's not hired, so yeah can't believe he's a finalist either, but I'll contain my F U Utep for now and pray he's just a courtesy interview and nothing more.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
Well he's not hired, so yeah can't believe he's a finalist either, but I'll contain my F U Utep for now and pray he's just a courtesy interview and nothing more.
Horse sh!t. The fact he is interviewing and being considered is horse sh!t. UTEP doesn’t owe the Prices’ jack. And his last name is why he is being considered.

Horse sh!t. The fact he is interviewing and being considered is horse sh!t. UTEP doesn’t owe the Prices’ jack. And his last name is why he is being considered.
Soo.... Then when I said I can't believe he's a finalist and I hope it's just as a courtesy as in, because of his name that's all, you agree..... Lol 😂

The F U C K UTEP and reply is for him even being considered…nothing towards you, though I can see if you took it that way. When I quoted your post wasn’t meant to be a direct reply.

Last edited:
The F U C K UTEP is for him even being considered, nothing towards you though I can see if you took it that way.
I feel ya though, I think a lot of us have been upset with those two names Price especially. Perry after doing lots of digging and seeing he's basically from the same mold as Traylor at UTSA and Mc Guire at Texas Tech I can kinda understand. I don't love it, but I somewhat get it. Price is just a lazy pic and a waste of time I think.

Deep down I hoped Mack would get it. I gotta believe he has a deep motivation to get UTEP to a place as a coach that he wasn’t able to cause his playing career was cut short. I’m okay with him being inexperienced. Hope is a dangerous thing, but even I, as disillusioned as I am still have a little bit dammit. I got two teams—UTEP and the Chicago Bulls and they both suck ass.

It’s the ones we don’t know that Senter interviewed that scares me. No one knew Dimel interviewed for the job.
Oh ok, well that's encouraging. I thought it was just the 4 as finalists. If someone has info on where they are, I'm down to post up and try and get some info tomorrow lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT