ADVERTISEMENT

If we don't have a football season

That’s your opinion.

So an unknown coach, who is unwilling to put his name on the quote, says we have “studs and athletes” and you’re taking that as a stone cold fact? How many coaches have described bad teams as “losers and D2 athletes”?
Locomotive said 5 years ago they wanted to build a stadium with city help and you run with that as a stone cold fact. I don’t see why an article with quotes from anonymous CUSA coaches should be automatically discarded as fiction.

Locomotive said 5 years ago they wanted to build a stadium with city help and you run with that as a stone cold fact. I don’t see why an article with quotes from anonymous CUSA coaches should be automatically discarded as fiction.

It is a fact and there currently is no quote from MountainStar stating otherwise.

Maybe it’s not fiction, but it doesn’t make it a fact either......

Reactions: Autograph Boy
It is a fact and there currently is no quote from MountainStar stating otherwise.

Maybe it’s not fiction, but it doesn’t make it a fact either......
You're wrong I showed you the latest statement made by the Locomotive regarding a stadium. No mention of the city at all. You use whatever outdated info best fits your narrative.

I'll believe the words of a professional football coach that knows our league well.

Nothing positive could ever be true about UTEP so I don't expect anything but complaints and negativity from you.

You're wrong I showed you the latest statement made by the Locomotive regarding a stadium. No mention of the city at all. You use whatever outdated info best fits your narrative.

I'll believe the words of a professional football coach that knows our league well.

Nothing positive could ever be true about UTEP so I don't expect anything but complaints and negativity from you.

No you didn’t. I kept asking for a link, you never provided. Please re-link

When UTEP football wins a bowl game, wins in the eastern time zone, wins a meaningful road game, beats a Top 25 opponent, and wins CUSA, I will be more positive.

When basketball goes to the NCAAs more than 3 times in 30 years, beats a Top 25 opponent, and doesn’t have trouble qualifying for the CUSA tournament, I will be more positive.

Terry is a modest recruiter that doesn't coach well IMO...yes

I'm saying we need a recruiter that is ALSO a good coach
Imo we need a mastermind x’s and o’s coach. It's assumed that most years we will lose recruiting battles to instate g5 rivals. We are never going to be that team full of 3 and 4-star recruits. We don't have the local talent for that or the name recognition to best UH and SMU. We need a coach that can win by outsmarting others and not depend mostly on individual natural talent.

Reactions: Dmanminer
No you didn’t. I kept asking for a link, you never provided. Please re-link
https://www.uslsoccer.com/news_article/show/1088405

We absolutely want our own building,” he said. “Certainly, [Southwest University Park] works well, and every chance I get to give kudos to our grounds crew, they’re the ones that make it happen and certainly they do a great job of the conversion, but at the same time we would love to be in a soccer-specific stadium where they don’t have to do all the work, and we can have a little bit more of a flexible schedule. That’s absolutely the long-term goal.”

We want to be a leader,” Forrest said. “When new teams come in, we want people to point to us and say, ‘that’s who you need to talk to about ticket sales,’ ‘that’s who you need to talk to about sponsorships,’ ‘they do a great job with digital marketing.’ We want to be that leader, and we know that stuff is not given, it’s earned, and we’re hell-bent on doing everything we can in the USL to be the best that we can be.”

Now your turn to post the link where Locomotive said they will only build a stadium with city funds.

"An on-campus party at Rutgers that several athletes attended may have led to the coronavirus outbreak that forced the entire team into a two-week quarantine, NJ.com reported on Wednesday."

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...ootball-covid-19-outbreak-linked-campus-party

15i9wz.jpg

https://www.uslsoccer.com/news_article/show/1088405

We absolutely want our own building,” he said. “Certainly, [Southwest University Park] works well, and every chance I get to give kudos to our grounds crew, they’re the ones that make it happen and certainly they do a great job of the conversion, but at the same time we would love to be in a soccer-specific stadium where they don’t have to do all the work, and we can have a little bit more of a flexible schedule. That’s absolutely the long-term goal.”

We want to be a leader,” Forrest said. “When new teams come in, we want people to point to us and say, ‘that’s who you need to talk to about ticket sales,’ ‘that’s who you need to talk to about sponsorships,’ ‘they do a great job with digital marketing.’ We want to be that leader, and we know that stuff is not given, it’s earned, and we’re hell-bent on doing everything we can in the USL to be the best that we can be.”

Now your turn to post the link where Locomotive said they will only build a stadium with city funds.

Says absolutely nothing about how/who would finance it. All articles have stated the city would be needed to help pay for it. Until there is information to the contrary, that remains the plan.

It’s a moot point, as there won’t be any stadiums built, any-****ing-where for a long, long time.

Says absolutely nothing about how/who would finance it. All articles have stated the city would be needed to help pay for it. Until there is information to the contrary, that remains the plan.

It’s a moot point, as there won’t be any stadiums built, any-****ing-where for a long, long time.
I posted a link about the stadium with zero mention of the city helping. Your turn to post links where the Locomotive says city funding is needed.

You can just not read the board for 24 hours or block posters you don't like if reading words is too much for you to handle.

You must have read the wrong thread. Nobody is telling anybody how to live. You like to use big words such as "authoritarian", but you have no clue what they mean.
I don't remember asking you a goddamned thing.

https://kfoxtv.com/news/local/el-paso-county-may-help-kick-off-usl-soccer

“As for how the project will be funded, it still needs to be figured out.

"Anything would need to be going to the voters for their approval," Hunt said.”

Keywords - anything and voters
Keywords - maybe and hasn’t met with the city yet.

Like I said you took one vague article from five years ago and ran with it.

Post the update what happened after they met with the city? Did they ever meet?

Keywords - maybe and hasn’t met with the city yet.

Like I said you took one vague article from five years ago and ran with it.

Post the update what happened after they met with the city? Did they ever meet?

It’s from 4 years ago, not 5. There is no statement from MountainStar where they claim they planned on fully funding a soccer stadium at any point.

They already asked taxpayers for money for the baseball stadium, don’t you think it would be good PR for them to come out and say they were going to pay for this one?

It doesn’t matter now. As stadiums for minor league teams will be taking a backseat for a long time. Unless it’s close to completion or already in the works, no new stadium is being built in the US for a long time.

I will bet you any amount of money that the Locomotive don’t have a stadium built for them within the next 10 years.

Just a gut, no basis on facts feeling, Tech vs UTEP will happen, UT vs UTEP will not.

UT wants LSU game badly. Tech lost two OOC games and wanted rematch vs 'cats but that got spit roasted.

GettyImages-602236744.jpg

Getty Images
BIG 12 FOOTBALL SCHEDULE WILL HAVE MAJOR IMPACT ON UTEP BUDGET
STEVE KAPLOWITZJuly 22, 2020

Before the end of the month, the Big 12 is expected to announce their plans regarding the 2020 football schedule. Although the Big 10 and Pac-12 have already condensed their regular seasons to only conference matchups, the other three Power 5 conferences are yet to decide on how many games they will play. Brian Davis, who covers Texas Longhorns football and men's basketball for the Austin American Statesman, tweeted a few of the latest rumors that he is hearing, which would have a major impact on UTEP and its athletic department.

00:50
01:10

2019-06-26.png