ADVERTISEMENT

If we don't have a football season

You can say anything to me. I don't care.

Again, here's the proof. Facts don't care about your feelings.

TxRdKiller:"$150? Good god, man. Is that all UTEP asks for? If it were UT or A$M or Tech it would be $1500 minimum. What a pathetic amount to be calling about."

You: "Price of season football tickets I'm sure. Pitiful."
Yep still dont see the word 'single'. I already broke down the prices for 4 tickets for you. I've been saying that from the beginning and thats exactly what I meant. I have a wife and kids. If you dont believe it then move along.

I didn't say you were wrong.

I mentioned football (and basketball), so I was on track. $6 decrease is nothing! Can't even afford a coffee at Starbucks!
I thought any amount of money was relevant to you. $1 to $150. It doesnt matter.

Yep still dont see the word 'single'. I already broke down the prices for 4 tickets for you. I've been saying that from the beginning and thats exactly what I meant. I have a wife and kids. If you dont believe it then move along.

LOL Just admit you're wrong and move on.

You didn't "break down" anything. I showed you the prices for one ticket. It doesn't take a genius to multiply that by 4.

If I say a Whataburger costs $5 I am saying one burger, not 4. It's common sense.

What does you having a wife and kids have to do with anything? LMAO!!!

Mother****! Is there such a thing as an internet muzzle? Just for 24 hours. Blah blah blah, answer this answer that. Live like this, live like that. Authoritarian tendencies much?

Mother****! Is there such a thing as an internet muzzle? Just for 24 hours. Blah blah blah, answer this answer that. Live like this, live like that. Authoritarian tendencies much?

You can just not read the board for 24 hours or block posters you don't like if reading words is too much for you to handle.

You must have read the wrong thread. Nobody is telling anybody how to live. You like to use big words such as "authoritarian", but you have no clue what they mean.

If tickets were any cheaper they would cost less than a high school game.

If tickets were any cheaper they would cost less than a high school game.

Ok, so what should a school that belongs to one of/if not the worst FBS conference, who has 2 bowl appearances and 1 winning season the last 14 seasons, and has 1 home win the last 3 years, charge for season tickets?

Reactions: Autograph Boy
That’s why they hired a company that specializes in marketing and selling tickets. That was also met with criticism. Some people just complain about everything.

Yeah, sorry I was complaining about long-standing El Pasoans and/UTEP fans get their jobs eliminated for lower paying positions by an employer who requires a bachelors degree for selling tickets.

Ok, so what should a school that belongs to one of/if not the worst FBS conference, who has 2 bowl appearances and 1 winning season the last 14 seasons, and has 1 home win the last 3 years, charge for season tickets?
$10-15 a ticket is fair. You’re still watching D1 FBS football.

It will charge whatever it can get. All businesses look for the sweet spot on what people are willing to pay to maximize revenue. They're not going to cut prices just because of perennial losing seasons. The "business" still needs to make money.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
You tell us 1st, then we can agree or disagree.

Yeah, sorry I was complaining about long-standing El Pasoans and/UTEP fans get their jobs eliminated for lower paying positions by an employer who requires a bachelors degree for selling tickets.
How many jobs were eliminated and how much were they getting paid. Call centers all over El Paso hire at around the same rate and you don’t need a college degree. Those few people that lost their job should have no problem finding a similar one.

Some will find any reason why to complain and be unsatisfied.

It will charge whatever it can get. All businesses look for the sweet spot on what people are willing to pay to maximize revenue. They're not going to cut prices just because of perennial losing seasons. The "business" still needs to make money.

I am not asking them to cut prices, only to remain what they are. Going from $10 to $12, while “only $2” is a 20% increase. Based on what? Having Houston Baptist as your only home win in 3 years???

How many jobs were eliminated and how much were they getting paid. Call centers all over El Paso hire at around the same rate and you don’t need a college degree. Those few people that lost their job should have no problem finding a similar one.

Some will find any reason why to complain and be unsatisfied.

I guarantee the people selling tickets over the phone were not making $10 a hour like the other call centers here.

I guarantee the people selling tickets over the phone were not making $10 a hour like the other call centers here.
Show your guarantee then. Otherwise it’s just based on speculation. For all we know they were making $8hr and the new firm is paying their employees more than what UTEP did. I honestly don’t care about their jobs. I just want to see UTEP win games and have good crowds in attendance.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
Show your guarantee then. Otherwise it’s just based on speculation. For all we know they were making $8hr and the new firm is paying their employees more than what UTEP did. I honestly don’t care about their jobs. I just want to see UTEP win games and have good crowds in attendance.

I had a family member work there 15 years ago and they were making more than that. I will call up their widow and see if they have an old paycheck laying around.

I had a family member work there 15 years ago and they were making more than that. I will call up their widow and see if they have an old paycheck laying around.
They had a problem, they addressed it. I'm happy. Next will be to address our overpaid head coaches.

Their “problem” isn’t who is selling the tickets, it’s what’s on the field/court.
I’m pretty sure you called their marketing department “geniuses” in a sarcastic tone. That indicates there’s a problem. A two fold problem. The sellers and the product. Like I said they addressed one of the issues and hopefully they move quick on the second one.

I’m pretty sure you called their marketing department “geniuses” in a sarcastic tone. That indicates there’s a problem. A two fold problem. The sellers and the product. Like I said they addressed one of the issues and hopefully they move quick on the second one.

It was because they had an event where you could go and pick your season seats for UTEP basketball. In the news release, they put “free medium popcorn with new seat purchase”. Like that would entice any-****ing-body to buy hundreds of dollars of tickets. It was moronic, but it also didn’t help that it was for Terry’s first year and we all know he had a shit roster.

It was because they had an event where you could go and pick your season seats for UTEP basketball. In the news release, they put “free medium popcorn with new seat purchase”. Like that would entice any-****ing-body to buy hundreds of dollars of tickets. It was moronic, but it also didn’t help that it was for Terry’s first year and we all know he had a shit roster.
That’s why they hired a company that specializes in ticketing marketing. So that they no longer make moronic events. We can tell by that promo the people working there where outdated and in need of fresh ideas. I don’t see anything to complain about.

That’s why they hired a company that specializes in ticketing marketing. So that they no longer make moronic events. We can tell by that promo the people working there where outdated and in need of fresh ideas. I don’t see anything to complain about.

I’m not going to go through this again. Senter had an opportunity to save money and get rid of some scapegoats to blame for bad ticket sales.

The marketing department could be filled with the greatest salesmen on the ****ing planet. They’re not going to be selling a significant amount more than the previous regime; with the teams we currently have.

I’m not going to go through this again. Senter had an opportunity to save money and get rid of some scapegoats to blame for bad ticket sales.

The marketing department could be filled with the greatest salesmen on the ****ing planet. They’re not going to be selling a significant amount more than the previous regime; with the teams we currently have.
I see it as an attempt to fix a problem you and AB have complained about. Shitty promos. It might not work but the effort to acknowledge and correct the problem is a bit inspiring. It sure beats doing nothing about it and continue with a moronic free soda promo.

You won't see it like that. Carry on complaining.

Agree with the last part 100%. Teams on the field/court must improve and bring some excitement to the fan base. The fan base here in EP is huge, just remains untapped.

To me the answer is recruiting. We need guys that can recruit 1st and then coach. Of our 2 major coaches only Terry is a modest recruiter.

Terry’s only recruit that is good is BW. Imagine a coach who finished in 14th and 11th place in a weak-ass CUSA not being popular, WOW!!!
That's your opinion. Over his career, he has proved to be a good recruiter. Finishing near last place further proofs my point that a recruiter first, head coach second doesn't exactly translate to success at UTEP. An unknown coach said UTEP football is full of ”studs and athletes.” IMO it's strange since two years ago we had a roster full of d6 talent. Dimel the recruiter has transformed the talent level rather quickly. Hasn't helped win games though.

That's your opinion. Over his career, he has proved to be a good recruiter. Finishing near last place further proofs my point that a recruiter first, head coach second doesn't exactly translate to success at UTEP. An unknown coach said UTEP football is full of ”studs and athletes.” IMO it's strange since two years ago we had a roster full of d6 talent. Dimel the recruiter has transformed the talent level rather quickly. Hasn't helped win games though.

That’s your opinion.

So an unknown coach, who is unwilling to put his name on the quote, says we have “studs and athletes” and you’re taking that as a stone cold fact? How many coaches have described bad teams as “losers and D2 athletes”?

That's interesting. A little deja Vu. In 2003 I was in the Boise airport and I was talking with other Miner fans who had made the trip to watch us get slaughtered. We were all waiting on our flights back to our various cities and one the older boosters recognized a guy walking through the airport was one of The WAC officials who had officiated the game. He invited him over to talk with us. The ref said he was shocked we weren't winning because we had as good of players as anyone in the WAC. He said it was always a topic of conversation amongst refs and opposing coaches as to why we weren't winning with the quality of players we had. I think most of us were shocked. This was in year 3 of what was three straight 2 win seasons. I think most of us forgot until the next season when with a new coach we made it into the top 25.

It gives me hope opposing coaches think we have great players. I just dont think Dimel can win with any group regardless of talent. I hope he proves me wrong but I dont have alot of hope until we pull the plug on Dimel.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT