ADVERTISEMENT

If we don't have a football season

I have tickets for UT vs UTEP, I wonder what will happen if they go limited or what?
It’s not if. It’s already been announced capacity at 50% but now they’re considering 25%. Basically we’re not getting in. At least I know I’m not. I’m not sure if you’re some type of hotshot among the UT community.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
Don’t worry, there will be no college football this year. And I will be very sad.

It’s not if. It’s already been announced capacity at 50% but now they’re considering 25%. Basically we’re not getting in. At least I know I’m not. I’m not sure if you’re some type of hotshot among the UT community.
Central EP chump.:p

Did you guys get the email from Jake Logan? I thought it was the YouTube brothers.

Another game nmsu has to replace. That was a home game too. That one is going to hurt.

I just don’t see how any college can play this fall. I have serious doubts about the NFL.

No way it takes 3 years. Vaccine should be full blown by next summer. This season is in big jeopardy though.

If the P5’s want to play the easiest and safest method would be conference games only. They can play a full 10 game season against each other. Conference Championship game and major NYB.

The G5’s should sit this season out. We can’t afford to play.

I've been saying they should just postpone the season and play in the spring. Simple. There might even be a vaccine available by then. Play as many games as you can fit into Feb, March, and April. There will be players who won't play because they wouldn't want to jeopardize their draft status, but oh well can't be all peaches and cream there's a freaking pandemic going on.

I've been saying they should just postpone the season and play in the spring. Simple. There might even be a vaccine available by then. Play as many games as you can fit into Feb, March, and April. There will be players who won't play because they wouldn't want to jeopardize their draft status, but oh well can't be all peaches and cream there's a freaking pandemic going on.

If you play in the spring, most of the NFL worthy players will sit out. Those that do play, will run the risk of getting a bad injury in the spring and missing 2 seasons. Take Wadley last year. If a player like that gets injured in practice, he misses the spring and the fall seasons.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
If you play in the spring, most of the NFL worthy players will sit out. Those that do play, will run the risk of getting a bad injury in the spring and missing 2 seasons. Take Wadley last year. If a player like that gets injured in practice, he misses the spring and the fall seasons.
Hence, oh well can't be all peaches and cream there's a freaking pandemic going on.

P.S. Players get hurt in the Spring all the time.

Last edited:
No way it takes 3 years. Vaccine should be full blown by next summer. This season is in big jeopardy though.
There will be for those who are facing serious problems that are life threatening by late in year to early next year. Vaccine for all by early next year according to Fauci and pharma folks.

However, danger not gone by late 2021 early 2022 by the time everyone gets vaccinated and there are stupid, stupid people who will refuse to get vaccinated.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
There will be for those who are facing serious problems that are life threatening by late in year to early next year. Vaccine for all by early next year according to Fauci and pharma folks.

However, danger not gone by late 2021 early 2022 by the time everyone gets vaccinated and there are stupid, stupid people who will refuse to get vaccinated.

I’m by no means an anti vaxxer, however I wouldn’t fault anyone for being trepidatious about putting something into their body that has not been through at least a couple years of trial. We just won’t know with this process being extradited the way it is.

I don't get the flu shot and I'm fine.

I know people that get the flu shot every year and they get the flu just about every year.

Reactions: JCorona
Not so sure about that. How many college kids ( especially freshman and sophomores) are that disciplined. How many get in trouble during “normal “ times.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
So basically, I can't believe I am saying this, but LaVar Ball is right about college sports?! It's not about giving a young person a chance at a placement & assessment which can lead up to a free education in exchange for their ability? Academic scholarship are based on this. To Ball, it's about the ruse: D1 wants an above average athletic young man, typically one from the low end socio economic scales, to make money but without going thru union like socially dividing negotiations? Yep. Ball is a super ego driven loud mouth that promotes high dollar retail items to poor kids, but he hit a major critical nerve in American sports that even dragged in POTUS. D1 sports is in it just to make money off poor, often black, American kids and colleges presidents don't want the monopoly money machine taken apart.

Enter Covid-19. The proverbial "alien from another planet" enemy that american college football hungry humans can supposedly rally against to save from social disenfranchisement. Bullshit. The virus exposed greed, racism, cronyism, uber-nationalistic demons to be carried on the backs of poor young men.

Silly me, no stupid me. Ball was right. He was A.O.C'd because he hits a nerve and he is black.

Don't send them home. You promised an education and colleges are safer to be at. Eat the cost!! Go tell state representative blowhard that if they want that big time program, you take the bad that comes with the revenue producing good. None of this "well, no football! Go take your class online at home", which is probably lacking quality health care out of their reach. Don't make the athletic staff scared to lose their jobs. Keep them. Heck, nothing wrong with them to sell for next year. There will be a vaccine and treatments have gotten better. Some doctors even in El Paso have discovered new treatments that are promising. So there will be football. The Spanish flu didn't stop it and there was nothing.

Hey college chancellors and coaches, you go blah, blah, blah about leaderdhip to sports networks and beat writers, prove it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dmanminer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT