ADVERTISEMENT

If we don't have a football season

I wonder if there will be a stubborn conference or two that will play on.

@Minerinciter

ODU just spent $30,000,000 on their football stadium within the last 2 years. Seems pretty short sighted to me, if there’s even a small conversation about dropping football.

This shit is getting wilder by the hour. I knew since t FBS football is the only sport that the NCAA doesnt run this was going to be crazy. However, this is getting to levels of crazy I dont think anyone anticipated. All kinds of reports that Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State and Nebraska want to join the big 12 for the season. It's hard to imagine the big 10 sanctioning that. Its seems like the ACC, BIG 12 and SEC are hell bent on playing. I think CUSA The Sun Belt and The AAC will play. We'll see about The MWC.

ODU ain't going independent. They aren't dropping football. Seems like a state mandate. Most feel no Virginia school will be allowed to play. Will be interesting to see what happens with UVA and VA tech. If the ACC loses them their schedule goes to hell. Also interesting to watch the nazi school Liberty. They're private dont think the state can mandate they cant play at this point I just dont know who they will play.

Well yeah, but why would the MWC want a CUSA bottom feeder bringing down their basketball power numbers?
Imo that's the scenario that would make sense for UTEP to go independent. If the MW doesn't want us then we stay put in cusa until another opportunity to improve our conference affiliation arises.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
Imo that's the scenario that would make sense for UTEP to go independent. If the MW doesn't want us then we stay put in cusa until another opportunity to improve our conference affiliation arises.

Independence is not and option under any circumstance. It works for Notre Dame and BYU because they have huge national followings and tv contracts. Its financial suicide if you're not a huge religious private institution.

Reactions: EastCoastMiner17
Independence is not and option under any circumstance. It works for Notre Dame and BYU because they have huge national followings and tv contracts. Its financial suicide if you're not a huge religious private institution.

Does it really work for BYU? They’re not close to Notre Dame’s level. BYU ends up playing in an interchangeable ESPN bowl. Maybe it would be different if they were good, but they lose most of their games vs P5 teams.

I don’t really see how they have really benefited like they thought they would. Putting them in the same category as ND is pretty laughable.

Does it really work for BYU? They’re not close to Notre Dame’s level. BYU ends up playing in an interchangeable ESPN bowl. Maybe it would be different if they were good, but they lose most of their games vs P5 teams.

I don’t really see how they have really benefited like they thought they would. Putting them in the same category as ND is pretty laughable.

BYU has their own network in BYUtv. And trust me, it's the only channel on at my house.

Not laughable at all. Both are funded by huge church organizations. Both have a national following. Notre Dame is a big brand but one that has been greatly diminished. This isn't the 1950's anymore. The allure of Notre Dame isn't close to what it once once. Are they a bigger brand than BYU ? Yes. Let's not forget both the schools last national championships came in the 80's. BYU in1983 Notre Dame in 88. Notre Dame has more tradition a bigger brand but in 2020 they're pretty similar institutions.

Not laughable at all. Both are funded by huge church organizations. Both have a national following. Notre Dame is a big brand but one that has been greatly diminished. This isn't the 1950's anymore. The allure of Notre Dame isn't close to what it once once. Are they a bigger brand than BYU ? Yes. Let's not forget both the schools last national championships came in the 80's. BYU in1983 Notre Dame in 88. Notre Dame has more tradition a bigger brand but in 2020 they're pretty similar institutions.

BYU plays bowl games vs UTEP, Wyoming, Tulsa, Western Michigan, Hawaii, and Memphis.

Notre Dame’s last 4 bowl opponents- Iowa St, Clemson, LSU, and Ohio St

One is not like the other.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
If UTEP does not play a football game in 2020, What happens to the program? Guys this is bad...and I mean very bad if UTEP Football does not play a game this year. Could this be a crippling blow to a school like UTEPs Athletic Department, or would we always be ok being able to host fans in the Sun Bowl in the future?

From rumblings to pay cuts, staff cuts, I am not convinced the program could survive. Are my initial thoughts a bit exagerrated?...Tell me 1 year without football and UTEP football is going to be ok. Someone assure me : 0

If UTEP does not play a football game in 2020, What happens to the program? Guys this is bad...and I mean very bad if UTEP Football does not play a game this year. Could this be a crippling blow to a school like UTEPs Athletic Department, or would we always be ok being able to host fans in the Sun Bowl in the future?

From rumblings to pay cuts, staff cuts, I am not convinced the program could survive. Are my initial thoughts a bit exagerrated?...Tell me 1 year without football and UTEP football is going to be ok. Someone assure me : 0

It really doesn’t matter, up until the UT game is cancelled. UTEP has to play that and collect the $1.4 million. If they don’t have that game, this season is not worth playing!

Did we really need 5.1 million dollars to finish the Sun Bowl renovations?

Reactions: FarWestTexas
Absolutely right. We dont have money to play a season without that game. And it's not just UTEP football but my concern is what are the rolling effects of no football for a school like UTEP. Heres hoping that the Big 12 plays. Get that game under our belts and collect.

Absolutely right. We dont have money to play a season without that game. And it's not just UTEP football but my concern is what are the rolling effects of no football for a school like UTEP. Heres hoping that the Big 12 plays. Get that game under our belts and collect.

Right, but it impacts everything else. That means no pregaming at bars and restaurants. Less interest in merch and other school related stuff. Less advertising, less jobs, less everything!

Nice.

Every single ER Doctor in America, Dr. Fauci and local health officials around the country to FBS programs....

UnfinishedIdenticalGypsymoth-small.gif

Did we really need 5.1 million dollars to finish the Sun Bowl renovations?
IMO this says a lot. Foster and De La Vega weren’t mentioned in the original press release when this project was announced. Senter tried to blame the delay on other construction projects in the city but now the truth comes out. He hadn’t secured the funds to complete the project. Thankfully Foster and his wife rescued his ass cuz he was about to look like the clown he is.

Reactions: axingfools1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT