ADVERTISEMENT

If we lose to HBU...

But as of right now all Dimel has was a)he was out past curfew (if in place at that the time of alleged criminal conduct) and b) did he violate any UTEP student athlete policy for possession of an illegal firearm? He did this off UTEP grounds and
He's the starting QB for a FBS college team and that carries weight. In all fairness, Dimel should not throw him off the team until the courts decide because police reports do have holes in them and KL is innocent as of right now in our civil court system and he will get good counsel I'm sure. Right now, he should just be a padded up, towel swinging motivator for the team from the sidelines. Also, he has no priors which the judges take into heavy consideration, personal friend and family testimonies, has a gut wrenching life story (brother) and goes to school and involved in the community (through UTEP athletics).

My full of crap analysis: Two year probation (could face up to two years in jail for first offense but he is in no way habitual nor priors), $500 fine since he is a "non-felon" and first timer.(18 U.S.C. § 922(g) via Google).

With all that bullshit I just said, he will start against HBU and have a career game.

That he is a starting qb for an fbs team carries weight? Do you mean he has a higher level of responsibility or do you mean he gets more of a free pass??

There is no way in the world it should matter if you play football or not...[/QUOTE]
Higher level? Yes. Free Pass? Sort of.

A rich Stanford swimmer got off for raping a drunk, passed out girl in an alley.

How do explain to a younger female why a person like Trump actually got elected?

A mourning family member why an 18 year old can own a Kalashnikov?

Why is gas $2.49 when we have refineries and some years ago we were promised lower prices from Valero for allowing construction of oil storage tanks? Gas is cheaper in most rural communities in Western Nebraska and Wyoming.

I got my church a wheel chair because in my neighborhood the oldsters have trouble with the stairs.

You and buy tickets to Miner games because you and I have hope. Why, I have no idea? But we do.

Not moving mountains, just small change.

It was Halloween weekend for that BYU game. There better not be photos of you dressed up in something you now regret? LOL! I'm just kidding. :p
Heh, I was a little boy, and I don't even remember how I was dressed. But I definitely remember that game.

When will the starting line-ups be released? There were big battles going on at LT, LB and WR. Praise Amaewule is one of the starting DE and I'm sure the new kid from USC will step right in at CB. I'm interested to see who will be in the rest of the defensive backfield aside from Lewis/Rogers and who are the backups on the D-line?

Ross is working with the 2nd team at CB and is returning punts.

JC transfer Dakari Bickham is rotating in at DE (6'3 280lbs).
Bickham is an interesting new face. Honorable mention "All East" for the state of Michigan but can't find any offers. Fishwraps for Michigan listed all top seniors who signed but they show his name with no college attached? Another JUCO immediate impact player Dimel stated was greatly needed. His JUCO videos remind me of Tony Tolbert: Long arms that bat down passes, very tall and big frame. Pretty decent pass rushers (UTEP was abysmal of all FBS teams in this category).

I really think our team should be blowing these guys away. This is way too close
Sometimes the first half doesn't go as planned. But IF we have good coaches, they should be able to make adjustments to put Houston Baptist away in the 2nd half. If UTEP can't put one of the worst FCS teams away in the 2nd half, well, that's just horrible.

Jones looked good overall, not great, but better than Kai. Defense needs to work on those no huddle situations
Worried about the speed of the defense backs, they couldn’t stay with the huskies receivers. What’s going to happen against “real” football teams.

Reactions: minerfan_14
That was as close to a catastrophe as you can get. If HBU makes some kicks this a dark week there would be calls for Senter's and Dimel's. Dimel would've survived at least until the end of the season I dont think Senter would've survived the weekend.

Luckily we avoided catastrophe, which for UTEP athletics is a step in the right direction. We won which even though it was against a bad lower level school feels a hell of lot better than losing. If you want to look on the bright side. The offense is much more potent than it was last year. Last year the defense was terrible the first two games and then improved significantly. Hopefully this year the improvement comes in game 2 instead of game 3.

After the last two years I'm going to enjoy this win. I'm not going to freak the F*** out until we have to. We all know that day may soon upon us. However, for now hope springs eternal and miracles are possible.

That was as close to a catastrophe as you can get. If HBU makes some kicks this a dark week there would be calls for Senter's and Dimel's. Dimel would've survived at least until the end of the season I dont think Senter would've survived the weekend.

Luckily we avoided catastrophe, which for UTEP athletics is a step in the right direction. We won which even though it was against a bad lower level school feels a hell of lot better than losing. If you want to look on the bright side. The offense is much more potent than it was last year. Last year the defense was terrible the first two games and then improved significantly. Hopefully this year the improvement comes in game 2 instead of game 3.

After the last two years I'm going to enjoy this win. I'm not going to freak the F*** out until we have to. We all know that day may soon upon us. However, for now hope springs eternal and miracles are possible.
I agree with you life. But on the other end of the coin, Dimel could have easily and justifiably gone in for another TD to pad the score but just literally let the last two minutes wind down. The HBU defense couldn't stop Hughes and were just totally gassed and gasping for air like a spilled gold fish.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT