ADVERTISEMENT

Kaepernick

All my love and respect to Mr. Kaepernick. Ali and Dr. King are smiling down from heaven.

"The greatest problem is we are afraid to offend our oppressors."

-John Carlos

His protest is misdirected at the U.S. as a whole, when it should be focused on reforming local police departments with a pattern of abuse.

His statements point to the oppression of black and brown people to include, but not limited to, abuse and oppression by police departments.

His stance is courageous and is bringing additional scrutiny and awareness to the issue of the disparate treatment dark skinned people in this country experience.

Of course, many of Kaepernick's loudest critics actively support a candidate for president who insults servicemen who were prisoners of war and the family members of a slain and decorated soldier.

MinerMambo...you rock! Patriotism and religion have been co-opted by people that are neither patriots or Christians. Who was it that said "Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel"?

His statements point to the oppression of black and brown people to include, but not limited to, abuse and oppression by police departments.

His stance is courageous and is bringing additional scrutiny and awareness to the issue of the disparate treatment dark skinned people in this country experience.

Of course, many of Kaepernick's loudest critics actively support a candidate for president who insults servicemen who were prisoners of war and the family members of a slain and decorated soldier.

I have no problem with it at all. I come from good parents, a middle class El Paso neighborhood and got the opportunity to attend the school I love, UTEP. I have read and talked to people of what it's like in places in south side Chicago or similar places in major cities of the United States, but I don't know the experience from walking in their shoes.

But then again I have personally witnessed, have grandparents, friends (one friend who was a WWII Vet and had family and stories of the Cristero War) and such from Ciudad Juarez, and like many of us in this forum, carry on the often personal and quiet pursuit for a better life because of the constant reminder of poverty, injustice (mainly due to corruption) and crime that happens in our sister city. There are bumper stickers with "Amor por Juarez" and international news write up's time to time, but there are no protests by pro teams.

Does anybody else get the ultimate irony of an individual engaging in politically incorrect protest being eviscerated by the presidential candidate and many of his supporters who pride themselves on being politically incorrect?

You talking about Trump? I'm not voting for Trump.

Does anybody else get the ultimate irony of an individual engaging in politically incorrect protest being eviscerated by the presidential candidate and many of his supporters who pride themselves on being politically incorrect?

No one is denying his right to protest. Nor should people who disagree with the way he's doing it be silenced.

MinerMambo...you rock! Patriotism and religion have been co-opted by people that are neither patriots or Christians. Who was it that said "Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel"?

Apparently, someone whose name wasn't worth being remembered, nor the context of his statement. ...

Last edited:
Reactions: CoSpgsMinerfan
No one is denying his right to protest. Nor should people who disagree with the way he's doing it be silenced.

Check and double check. I only note the irony (hypocrisy?) of a certain candidate and his group of supporters who criticize an advocate for social change who engages in "political incorrectness" while proudly portraying themselves as being politically incorrect. Apparently when they say it it's being politically correct, when Kaepernick and others say it it's unpatriotic.

Reactions: develman
It's pathetic how the ESPN commentators just coddled him.

THE REAL STORY BEHIND KAEPERNICK

San Francisco 49er's quarterback Colin Kaepernick, has a new 'protest'...refusing to stand for America's national anthem:

The 49er's, of course, came out with an incredibly PC response to this:

"The national anthem is and always will be a special part of the pre-game ceremony. It is an opportunity to honor our country and reflect on the great liberties we are afforded as its citizens. In respecting such American principles as freedom of religion and freedom of expression, we recognize the right of an individual to choose and participate, or not, in our celebration of the national anthem."

Now, the fact that 'people of color' have more rights under the law, more freedom and more economic opportunities in America than almost any other country on earth is something I suppose we can just ignore...Colin Kaepernick obviously has!

And I'm sure Colin Kaepernick's adoptive family of Typical White People might not want to weigh in on this either.

But there’s a little more to the story that the media and the NFL will avoid at all costs, because it explains the real reason Mr.Kaepernick has suddenly come out with the idea of inflicting his agenda publicly on the fans. And the media and the NFL have no intention of it coming out if they can help it.

In this case, the woman is hip-hop radio personality DJ Nessa Diab.She's a Berkeley grad, a very dogmatic outspoken Black Lives Matter advocate and a Muslim. She and Colin Kaepernick are engaged, and Kaepernick converted to Islam during the off season.

The two are reportedly planning what Kaepernick calls 'a traditional Muslim wedding.'

Pretty simple...boy meets radical girl, they find they have interests and ideology in common...except,it's haram, forbidden for a Muslima (a Muslim girl) to marry a non-believer. This is not to say that Kaepernick wasn't pretty far along the radical path anyway.

It's a real love story...not only do they love the same things, but they can hate the same people too. There are certainly a fair amount of patriotic American Muslims, but many Muslims here follow the Qu'ran which says their first loyalty aside from Allah is to the umma, the worldwide Muslim polity. And no one with much common sense would call the folks at Black Lives Matter remotely patriotic. So it all fits together pretty well.

Another part of the back story is that both Kaepernick and Nessa Diab have been agitating the 49er's to trade Kaepernick to New York, where Diab is based. Ideology aside, this might be Kaepernick's way of adding some fuel to the fire.

The 49er's have obviously made a business decision to keep Kaepernick on their roster and, with the collusion of the media, to keep this part of the story covered up. That's fine, but it is a business decision. And although I have to admit that if I felt that way about America I'd vote with my principles and leave, Colin Kaepernick also certainly has the right not to honor the flag of the country that has treated him so well.

But football fans can also make a decision...like boycotting the 49er's and any subsequent team they might trade Kaepernick to until he's history. Now, that's freedom too, isn't it? Based on the 49er's puerile statement, I'm sure they'd agree.

Don't kid yourself folks. The "politically incorrect" movement for millions (but not everyone) is just a curtain for many of the "nativist" (which goes back well over one hundred years) or apologetics (of the Old Confederacy with hopes of a new revival) to hide behind. They feel they are mainstream now thanks to brilliant tactical moves made by politicians and their surrogates over the last fifty years.

"Adoptive family of Typical White People"? @66 might you just POSSIBLY have any links or sources to support your post?

"Adoptive family of Typical White People"? @66 might you just POSSIBLY have any links or sources to support your post?
You have not seen them interviewed on tv? You have Internet access, look it up. They look pretty white to me, which makes them evil, of course.

Don't kid yourself folks. The "politically incorrect" movement for millions (but not everyone) is just a curtain for many of the "nativist" (which goes back well over one hundred years) or apologetics (of the Old Confederacy with hopes of a new revival) to hide behind. They feel they are mainstream now thanks to brilliant tactical moves made by politicians and their surrogates over the last fifty years.

Right on! We white folks have secret meetings all the time, even up here in Wisconsin. What the hell else are we going to do all winter? We discuss how wonderful the old South was and wasn't it a shame that hundreds of thousands of white folks died in war to end slavery during a time when slavery was rampant in the world. Let's spit on their graves.

Reactions: miner661
THE REAL STORY BEHIND KAEPERNICK

San Francisco 49er's quarterback Colin Kaepernick, has a new 'protest'...refusing to stand for America's national anthem:

The 49er's, of course, came out with an incredibly PC response to this:

"The national anthem is and always will be a special part of the pre-game ceremony. It is an opportunity to honor our country and reflect on the great liberties we are afforded as its citizens. In respecting such American principles as freedom of religion and freedom of expression, we recognize the right of an individual to choose and participate, or not, in our celebration of the national anthem."

Now, the fact that 'people of color' have more rights under the law, more freedom and more economic opportunities in America than almost any other country on earth is something I suppose we can just ignore...Colin Kaepernick obviously has!

And I'm sure Colin Kaepernick's adoptive family of Typical White People might not want to weigh in on this either.

But there’s a little more to the story that the media and the NFL will avoid at all costs, because it explains the real reason Mr.Kaepernick has suddenly come out with the idea of inflicting his agenda publicly on the fans. And the media and the NFL have no intention of it coming out if they can help it.

In this case, the woman is hip-hop radio personality DJ Nessa Diab.She's a Berkeley grad, a very dogmatic outspoken Black Lives Matter advocate and a Muslim. She and Colin Kaepernick are engaged, and Kaepernick converted to Islam during the off season.

The two are reportedly planning what Kaepernick calls 'a traditional Muslim wedding.'

Pretty simple...boy meets radical girl, they find they have interests and ideology in common...except,it's haram, forbidden for a Muslima (a Muslim girl) to marry a non-believer. This is not to say that Kaepernick wasn't pretty far along the radical path anyway.

It's a real love story...not only do they love the same things, but they can hate the same people too. There are certainly a fair amount of patriotic American Muslims, but many Muslims here follow the Qu'ran which says their first loyalty aside from Allah is to the umma, the worldwide Muslim polity. And no one with much common sense would call the folks at Black Lives Matter remotely patriotic. So it all fits together pretty well.

Another part of the back story is that both Kaepernick and Nessa Diab have been agitating the 49er's to trade Kaepernick to New York, where Diab is based. Ideology aside, this might be Kaepernick's way of adding some fuel to the fire.

The 49er's have obviously made a business decision to keep Kaepernick on their roster and, with the collusion of the media, to keep this part of the story covered up. That's fine, but it is a business decision. And although I have to admit that if I felt that way about America I'd vote with my principles and leave, Colin Kaepernick also certainly has the right not to honor the flag of the country that has treated him so well.

But football fans can also make a decision...like boycotting the 49er's and any subsequent team they might trade Kaepernick to until he's history. Now, that's freedom too, isn't it? Based on the 49er's puerile statement, I'm sure they'd agree.
My simple uncomplicated opinion of the situation is ....I think everyone agrees that the instances where people of color were shot by cops were tragic. Each case had different circumstances with some of the police actions obviously completely unjustified, but on the other hand some situations were not so " black and white". Regardless of the single or collective incidents, a protest against the flag in this matter is not acceptable to me and there's possibly a deeper explanation than the police/people of color excuse as revealed in "66miners" post. I think It's safe to say that Mr. Kaepernick has succeeded in alienating people rather than gaining supporters.
Amen

What 66miner posted is cut and paste straight out of the Fox News universe. 20% fact mixed in with 80% bullshit.
My position on Kaepernick is this: I personally wouldn't protest this way but I support and greatly admire those who would serve and die to provide him the freedom to protest in any damn way that Kaepernick sees fit.

Right on! We white folks have secret meetings all the time, even up here in Wisconsin. What the hell else are we going to do all winter? We discuss how wonderful the old South was and wasn't it a shame that hundreds of thousands of white folks died in war to end slavery during a time when slavery was rampant in the world. Let's spit on their graves.

Not sure why you feel slighted? Seriously?

Unsure what rail @wisconsin fell off of, but my personal take is that I generally sympathize with Mr. Kapernick's views and certainly support his right to express those his views. That said, I also tend to tilt toward Ray Lewis' position that Kapernick's actions blur his message. In short, Lewis encouraged the young man to exercise his rights but leave the flag and the national anthem out of it...

Unsure what rail @wisconsin fell off of, but my personal take is that I generally sympathize with Mr. Kapernick's views and certainly support his right to express those his views. That said, I also tend to tilt toward Ray Lewis' position that Kapernick's actions blur his message. In short, Lewis encouraged the young man to exercise his rights but leave the flag and the national anthem out of it...

you must be referencing a different Ray Lewis. the one I know of was involved in a Atlanta murder. so much for Black Lives Matter.

I don't understand why people take it so personal. It's his stance. It's not like he is walking into your living room, throwing the flag on the floor and pissing on it. He's speaking out in a way that he thinks will get noticed. And guess what, it worked.

I am one of those who might have found a different method to protest. But say what you want, what he did took balls. It may well end his career. How many of you are willing to take a stance on an issue and potentially impact your career at the same time.

Thousands of Americans have fought and died for the right to protest freely. If we don't exercise our rights, what's to say they will be there for the next generation.

As for the personal attacks on him, unless you have walked in his shoes and experienced his life from his point of view, you have no right to judge the man. I would say the same thing about any of you, no matter how much I may disagree with your beliefs.

Not that it makes any difference to many on this forum, but I'm not supportive of the way Mr Kapernick is communicating his cause. I do appreciate the fact that he has the right to be concerned about his perception of oppression of black folks, but leave the American flag and the national anthem out of it. Mr K can roll on the ground outside of the stadium, as people are entering the game as a means of supporting his cause. He can even get up and sign autographs if he wants too. He can take the time to talk to fans that are supportive of him if he so desires. That's just one example of what he can do, even though he might feel that it would be degrading to do things in that manner. I also see it as a symbol of degradation that he is performing in front of millions of TV viewers when he is disrespecting my flag in the manner that he has. Some would see this lack of respect for our nations flag and what it stands for as a step in the wrong direction.
Part of the solution to Mr Kapernick's cause might be for him and others that support his cause to financially support the cleaning up of the drug trade on the streets of many of our cities. Look for solutions in that arena as a starting point. Get more of the youth involved in church and school activities along with other organizations such as Boys and Girls Clubs. I've heard that Mr K has agreed to give one million to the "cause". but will it be applied to education for the inner city children, and fighting drugs on the streets. I certainly don't have many of the answers, but I do recognize the there must be obedience to civil authorities in order not to have constant anarchy in the streets. Ultimately, I hope what Mr Kapernick is doing doesn't encourage those individuals without a true direction in life to try to circumvent the laws of the land.
i'm sure that you can see by my comments that I'm probably a military veteran,evangelical Christian and born several generations ago. May God continue to bless this nation and its flag, and keep it from falling to the levels of several other countries where every ones lives are in jeopardy of being taken by the enemy, day in and day out.

Last edited:
I am for one sick and tired of this black lives matter crap along with all this we are being oppressed !!! I'm sorry kap makes 17 million throwing a damn ball if that's oppression where do I sign up??? And all this supposed police brutality ... Call me when a cop shoots a black college professor, teacher or any other decent black person and not these idiots with rap sheets a mile long.... And then black people riot and tear down their own damn communities!! Three of my better friends are black and successful and you ask each one what the hardest thing they dealt with their whole lives and it won't be oppression of white people, it's other block people who made fun of them their whole lives for getting a good education and not being from the hood!!!! All this stuff is doing is splitting this place in half and I Am so sick of it!! The 49ers are my favorite team but he needs stop talking about crap he has no idea about!! And yes it's his right to say what he wants and that's fine but it's also my right to point out what a moron he is! We need to stop making everything about race and starting holding ourselves accountable for our own actions

I am for one sick and tired of this black lives matter crap along with all this we are being oppressed !!! I'm sorry kap makes 17 million throwing a damn ball if that's oppression where do I sign up??? And all this supposed police brutality ... Call me when a cop shoots a black college professor, teacher or any other decent black person and not these idiots with rap sheets a mile long.... And then black people riot and tear down their own damn communities!! Three of my better friends are black and successful and you ask each one what the hardest thing they dealt with their whole lives and it won't be oppression of white people, it's other block people who made fun of them their whole lives for getting a good education and not being from the hood!!!! All this stuff is doing is splitting this place in half and I Am so sick of it!! The 49ers are my favorite team but he needs stop talking about crap he has no idea about!! And yes it's his right to say what he wants and that's fine but it's also my right to point out what a moron he is! We need to stop making everything about race and starting holding ourselves accountable for our own actions

And I am sorry if this doesn't make sense but I was in a hurry and ticked off at the same time.... YOU IDIOTS ALL LIVES MATTER!!

Maybe Mr Kap should seek another country for his residence where he might receive better treatment. Not sure where that would be. Some countries treat similar protesters a bit more severely than the verbal onslaught he's seeing here.

I just wonder....when does HE get to decide when there is a change worthy of him showing respect for our country, flag and anthem?

Look folks, I get he has the right to do whatever he wants. But IMHO, he is an athlete and should show respect for OUR country. Kapperdick, if you want to stand up for oppression that you feel is unjust, then have speaking engagements, seminars, or press conferences. Being an a hole does nothing but make you MORE of an a hole.

He gets to decide because he is an American with First Amendment rights - if the Second Amendment is important then so is the one before it.

And he is showing the ultimate respect for our country - he s bringing awareness to hold pur great nation to its ideals. His method seems to be very effective in that the whole world knows what he's doing and why he's doing it.

If you see a guy with a red Kaepernick jersey at Saturday's game - it's probably me.

Kaepernick is a throwback to Jim Brown, John Carlos, Kareem, Tommy Smith, and Ali. All got criticized but history vindicated them.

Viva Colin Kaepernick!

I just can't behind this kind of crap. Mambo, do you really believe his demonstration is bringing awareness? Seriously? You don't think our country was already aware? Him sitting/kneeling isn't going to do a damn thing for poorly treated inner city people. If he were to go out to those communities and tried to help by being there, then I would respect that. A very rich, privileged athlete has no clue what oppression is. (hell, neither do i and i'm a poor white guy)
NONE of my Niner friends agree with what/how he is doing all this. Neither do many leaders of all race or color.
Want to make a difference? do something to help. Don't just piss off the country doing this kind of crap. Donate time, money, and resources to help. Go to communities and have meetings. Gather leaders and the so called oppressed together to help fix it. Take a knee because you can? Lame. And for the record, he is no where near the class of the people you listed. Not even close.
I will repeat, this great country affords him the right to do this. That's fine. It also allows me to disagree because he is wrong.

But anywho....back to Minerland......

Kaepernick's pig socks:

kaepsocks2.jpg

Classy.

I respect his right voice his opinion and protest but too many men and women have died to give him that right. SO he should give respect the flag and to those who gave their lives as well ( my brother is one of those who gave his life). RESPECT THE FLAG AND WHAT IT STANDS FOR.

He gets to decide because he is an American with First Amendment rights - if the Second Amendment is important then so is the one before it.

Careful @Mambo, this "America - love it or leave It" group can be a tough crowd. Always has been. Some of that concrete has had 60+ years to dry. Americans have ALWAYS had different interpretations about what constitutes "patriotism", as is the right of every American in this wonderful country we call home. Some Americans are just more tolerant about it than others...

Reactions: develman
I just can't behind this kind of crap. Mambo, do you really believe his demonstration is bringing awareness? Seriously? You don't think our country was already aware? Him sitting/kneeling isn't going to do a damn thing for poorly treated inner city people. If he were to go out to those communities and tried to help by being there, then I would respect that. A very rich, privileged athlete has no clue what oppression is. (hell, neither do i and i'm a poor white guy)
NONE of my Niner friends agree with what/how he is doing all this. Neither do many leaders of all race or color.
Want to make a difference? do something to help. Don't just piss off the country doing this kind of crap. Donate time, money, and resources to help. Go to communities and have meetings. Gather leaders and the so called oppressed together to help fix it. Take a knee because you can? Lame. And for the record, he is no where near the class of the people you listed. Not even close.
I will repeat, this great country affords him the right to do this. That's fine. It also allows me to disagree because he is wrong.

But anywho....back to Minerland......
Kap won't go to inner city to do anything because he is afraid. He would rather take a knee and sit on the bench where he is protected by those same police who he claims are the problem. Kap doesn't have a clue. Yes things happen. But do you really think any police officer wants to shoot or beat someone? Hell no. Once you make that split second decision to pull the trigger on your gun, your life is changed forever. Whether or not it is a "good shoot" (meaning the officer was justified) you are always going to be second guessed by everyone and if you happen to shoot someone who is of a different race then you now have to hear how racist you were regardless of the situation. Everyone is on edge. Officer's are being attacked for mearly wearing the uniform not because they have done anything bad. Kap or any other person of color should go on ride alongs with officers during their shift and find out what is really going on. It is one thing to hear about it on TV but seeing it first hand paints a true picture of the problems we are having as a society. The police cannot raise everyone's kids. Broken homes, poverity, drug use, gangs, parents in jail, unemployment, teenage pregnancies, is a cycle that runs over and over in poor communities all over the country. Black on Black violence is real. People of all colors need to take care of their own homes and take responsibility for their actions. Kids need parents again. Kids need to feel loved by their families (not gangs). Kids need consequences when they do bad things. Kids need their parents to be role models in a positive way. Kids are growing into adults who don't know any other way of life. We need to stop blaming everyone else for our problems. Take responsibility for your home and family. If we don't stop the finger pointing we will continue down this dangerous path and nothing gets solved. We are Americans and we should be proud of that. Respect our flag and each other. Lets work together to fix what we have broken. We need to be color blind and just respect each other as humans. Color is irrelevant.........

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT