ADVERTISEMENT

Kugler has named Mack Leftwich the starting quarterback on Saturday.

Ya WTF??? Kugler doesn't care about winning games and wants to keep the best QB he feels will win the most games on the bench. Shame on him. Since I played NCAA Football on the Playstation back in the day, I am a seasoned college coach. Stupid coaching move.

Ya WTF??? Kugler doesn't care about winning games and wants to keep the best QB he feels will win the most games on the bench. Shame on him. Since I played NCAA Football on the Playstation back in the day, I am a seasoned college coach. Stupid coaching move.

Says the voice of reason...

No big surprise since Simpson hurt his ankle and hasn't put in the work. Just hope we can hold our own against Arkansas. Somehow though, I think Floyd will get the blame from a couple of dudes here.

Reactions: winstoneptx
Kugler laid it out. Leftwich won it fair and square and Simpson's ankle sprain had nothing to do with it. The ankle sprain became an injury of convenience. The decision on the starter was already cast, so to speak. With Ark's two DEs at 6'4 and DTs at 6'1 and 6'2, passing lanes are a premium. I liked our chances with Simpson. I'm not as confident with Leftwich. That's not saying he can't get the job done. But I saw nothing during the spring, much less in camp to make me feel differently. Politics.

Looking at the depth chart there's a lot I disagree with. But it's the first game, so we'll see if that remains that way come the following week with Tech.

Reactions: El Paso Chihuahuas
We'll I don't agree, but we'll see, Kugler knows what he's doing and I'm sure there will be a short leash. As far as this game, realistically Arkansas is Big and physical and will wear down Utep most likely.
Halftime score Arkansas 17 Utep 7 Final Arkansas 45 Utep 17

We'll I don't agree, but we'll see, Kugler knows what he's doing and I'm sure there will be a short leash. As far as this game, realistically Arkansas is Big and physical and will wear down Utep most likely.
Halftime score Arkansas 17 Utep 7 Final Arkansas 45 Utep 17
Kugler said in his interview that it would NOT be a short leash. He doesn't want the QB looking over his shoulder.

I just hope he does well... And if he doesn't I also hope coach doesn't keep him in... Just to keep him in. Kugler knows what he is doing, and hopefully Mack gets it done!

Simpson is nursing an ankle, and after that it is Kavika Johnson and Metz, both redshirt freshman, too. I don't know but to me Kugler has no choice but to keep the game conservative. Now conservative and a "short leash" are two difference animals. Conservative is the your basic bread and butter. Short leash is "I don't trust my qb because he may pull a Tony Romo and throw it in deep coverage when he should be checking off or hitting his hot route, so we'll call basic play actions and hb sweeps."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT