ADVERTISEMENT

Miners shooting better tonight vs. UNM

We apparently just play really well against the Mountain West schools this season....thus far, those are the only two games where we have played well(the D3 game doesn’t count).

There has to be a reason Wade never played. Didn't Tiecher mention anything? I didn't turn it on until after halftime.
I'm encouraged to say the least.

I only caught the second half; glad they hung in there when the Lobos got hot. I thought Osborne was pretty aggressive attacking the rim; he still struggles from the line. Will definitely take the win; happy for those guys.

Teicher never asked about Wade.

McGee was just awesome in the 1st half

Osborne played well but his 3 point shooting has been atrocious. Needs to shoot better from the line too

Teicher never asked about Wade.

McGee was just awesome in the 1st half

Osborne played well but his 3 point shooting has been atrocious. Needs to shoot better from the line too
With you 100% on Osborne, but I expect 100% improvement out of him as well. Various players stood out tonight, but it nags at me what's with Wade and our obvious source of info (Teicher) didn't even ask what should be a natural question. He's too important to just go unmentioned. Very nice but mysterious that Omega would simply explode from nowhere.
Also very mysterious that there haven't been any posts from 777 and shovel. Guess they are struggling to come up with the right words to describe the moment. True colors are being revealed.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
You need to learn sarcasm.
I know it' sarcasm. But if you know Purple's posting history he's very protective of the UTEP staff and critical of people who criticize the program.

So Purple is trolling the Floyd bashers (and I was one of them) by basically making the point that the unhappy fans will always be unhappy. And yes, he made his point sarcastically. However, I made the point that the reason for our anger purely results driven. Win and we'll b×÷#@ less.

I know it' sarcasm. But if you know Purple's posting history he's very protective of the UTEP staff and critical of people who criticize the program.

So Purple is trolling the Floyd bashers (and I was one of them) by basically making the point that the unhappy fans will always be unhappy. And yes, he made his point sarcastically. However, I made the point that the reason for our anger purely results driven. Win and we'll b×÷#@ less.

Purple is definitely not a troll. He just has different views from most of us and I have to give him credit for sticking with his opinions. He takes a lot of heat on here and takes everything in stride and I have to also give him credit for that.

Hopefully one day Purple will see the light. :D

Reactions: miner661
Trey wades brother wrote on twitter that it doesn’t matter if his brother played because he will be gone next season anyway. Deleted the tweet.

Trey wades brother wrote on twitter that it doesn’t matter if his brother played because he will be gone next season anyway. Deleted the tweet.

I really hope that doesn't happen. He's a really good young ball player, who has the potential to be a great Miners player, and add to the list. Stick it out, kid!

Sad but thats what happens when your coach gets fired or retires mid-season. For all we know there could be a mass exodus. The players that leave will just be the final nails in the coffin of CTF's tenure at UTEP.

I hope all the freshman stay. Its a good group. With all the graduating seniors, a class of 4 that could want out and 2 juniors that could possibly be graduate transfers after the season, we might be skin and bones next year.

Does anyone know why Wade sat out? Do we think it's because he made it known he wants to transfer? If so he could be gone at the end of the semester. That would allow him to sit out the next year and have 2.5 years of eligibility left. If it was for another reason then let the kids play damn it!! This staff has made a living on sitting players out early every year. I don't get it.

Sad but thats what happens when your coach gets fired or retires mid-season. For all we know there could be a mass exodus. The players that leave will just be the final nails in the coffin of CTF's tenure at UTEP.

I hope all the freshman stay. Its a good group. With all the graduating seniors, a class of 4 that could want out and 2 juniors that could possibly be graduate transfers after the season, we might be skin and bones next year.

Does anyone know why Wade sat out? Do we think it's because he made it known he wants to transfer? If so he could be gone at the end of the semester. That would allow him to sit out the next year and have 2.5 years of eligibility left. If it was for another reason then let the kids play damn it!! This staff has made a living on sitting players out early every year. I don't get it.
Johnson has always been a huge Flaggert backer, and I am guessing that has had an impact on Wade's minutes. All the new guys have struggled to adapt to this level, but the makeup of this team is far too weak for Wade not to be playing at all. I am not certain of Wade's status, but based on his brother's tweet, his intentions are pretty clear. I'm sure he won't be the last to leave, if he does. Good luck to the next coach. To say the cupboard will be bare is an understatement.

This is one of the reasons why I hated Floyd. If your season is in the dumps, why not try something new and give the freshman more minutes. Flaggert and Touchet should be playing sparingly because we know what they can do.

I think Wade played abbreviated minutes against the Aggies also. If he is unhappy and plans on leaving it'll be a huge loss. I remember on more than one occasion Floyd predicted he could become one of the all-time Miner greats. Wish it weren't so because he would have been a major contributor.
He's already sat out one year. It's hard to rationalize his thinking if he's considering more of the same.

Flaggert plays smart but he is just so slow and hesitant on offense and he fouls on defense. Wade needs to be in there if he wants to play here. Sad thing is Johnson has nothing to lose by doing anything he wants and playing the upperclassmen. Its a sad situation for Flaggert but there are better options for us. His "knowledge" of the defense and his taking charges is played out already IMO. He is 6'7", doesn't rebound and makes one driving dunk per year. Wade is already as good or better 7 games into his freshman year. He is the future (if he stays). Play the man!

Just a week ago it was reported that Wade had a hyperextended knee and would miss some action. I think he played vs Lamar so maybe it was too soon?

I said it before and I will say it again, Flaggert is not a good player. I am not sure why some of you here think he's great.

Reactions: ShovelMan66
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT