ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Corona virus Questions

This goes beyond political parties and Donald bashing. I’ve seen people on Twitter say they are going to ignore Dr’s advice because of the political party they support. That is absurd! If a MAGA hat wearing, Donald loving doctor came out with scientific backed advice - I’d follow it.

Reactions: minermx07
Didn't Trump say he knows more about this virus than anyone else? No, he doesn't.

Didn't Trump say he's the only one that can fix this? No, he can't.

Can Congress fix this? Maybe, if it can find a backbone, but that's doubtful too.

This goes beyond political parties and Donald bashing. I’ve seen people on Twitter say they are going to ignore Dr’s advice because of the political party they support. That is absurd! If a MAGA hat wearing, Donald loving doctor came out with scientific backed advice - I’d follow it.
This gave me an idea: Can UTEP bend the Dimel Curve? UTEPFB does not appear to be reaching any plateau so to speak.

No vaccine. No games. FBS football will be a different classification by next year.

We gotta shake hands... It will stop human civilization if we don't. I don't know about you guys, but the most serious relationships I've been involved in have started with a hug. I gave my son's mom a hug after the first night we met... If we taboo handshaking, then a girl giving a guy a hug will be regarded as a slut... I hope this makes sense, I've been drinking most of the day except for the part when I took a nap

That's ludicrous!!
It's science. Shaking hands began with Quakers who didn't want to bow to the king. A greeting of equals.

We can change customs again. I mean, it's just science. It was the European custom to not bathe, we changed that. Customs change with time.

Shaking hands, big deal.

It's science. Shaking hands began with Quakers who didn't want to bow to the king. A greeting of equals.

We can change customs again. I mean, it's just science. It was the European custom to not bathe, we changed that. Customs change with time.

Shaking hands, big deal.

So we shouldn't ever again touch doors, handrails, money, etc.?

We gotta shake hands... It will stop human civilization if we don't. I don't know about you guys, but the most serious relationships I've been involved in have started with a hug. I gave my son's mom a hug after the first night we met... If we taboo handshaking, then a girl giving a guy a hug will be regarded as a slut... I hope this makes sense, I've been drinking most of the day except for the part when I took a nap

Even when this is all said and done it is going to be weird when life goes back to normal. Remember how after 9/11 everyone was paranoid about flying? People now will be uncomfortable when they’re in a large group and someone doesn’t cover their cough. Or when they’re on a plane and someone is sick.

We can change customs again. I mean, it's just science. It was the European custom to not bathe,.

....and the goal of every preteen up to teenage boy. Just kidding.

Even when this is all said and done it is going to be weird when life goes back to normal. Remember how after 9/11 everyone was paranoid about flying? People now will be uncomfortable when they’re in a large group and someone doesn’t cover their cough. Or when they’re on a plane and someone is sick.
And now flying is different.

Maybe people should get upset at people who don't cover their coughs.

And now flying is different.

Maybe people should get upset at people who don't cover their coughs.

Just because you cough, doesn’t even mean you have the common cold, same with sneezing. And again, just because you get the disease, it’s not an automatic death sentence

Just because you cough, doesn’t even mean you have the common cold, same with sneezing. And again, just because you get the disease, it’s not an automatic death sentence
It's not, but it's courtesy. Like how would you feel about someone picking their nose in front of you? Or douple dipping? Just stuff to be polite about.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
It's not, but it's courtesy. Like how would you feel about someone picking their nose in front of you? Or douple dipping? Just stuff to be polite about.

Yeah, but you had brought up an example on a plane. What are you going to do when the person next to you coughs? You’re not sharing their guac dip with them anyway, unless they’re with you. If someone wants to pick their nose in public, that’s on them. Nothing really wrong with it.

Just not sure how we’re gonna get all feisty over some coughs and sneezes in public.

First confirmed El Paso Covid-19 death. The next two weeks are going to be very trying. The general public is going to want to return to normal. Try to stay home and isolated as much as possible.

Yes an 80 something year old man with underlying conditions. The type of person you can’t put at risk with this disease. Probably gone too soon.

Last edited:
First confirmed El Paso Covid-19 death. The next two weeks are going to be very trying. The general public is going to want to return to normal. Try to stay home and isolated as much as possible.

You know someone is going to try to have their annual Easter picnic at Album Park or Ascarate this weekend.

Not sure how this can be proven, but stop getting together putos. Why the desperation?

"Posted: Apr 8, 2020 / 05:36 PM MDT / Updated: Apr 9, 2020 / 11:06 AM MDT

"El Paso compliance officers have visited more than 10,000 locations in response to a reported violation of the “Stay Home, Work Safe” orders.

The orders were put in place in March to fight the spread of COVID-19 in the El Paso community.

So far, the City has visited 10,310 homes or businesses, given 639 warnings and nine citations. The City has 320 follow-ups planned."

https://www.ktsm.com/news/el-paso-o...an-10000-stay-home-work-safe-violation-calls/

Stupid question

Why not just have people who are 60 and older be on lockdown?? What if there is no cure. Are we suppose to be on lockdown forever??

Stupid question

Why not just have people who are 60 and older be on lockdown?? What if there is no cure. Are we suppose to be on lockdown forever??
Young people have died and have been hospitalized too.

The quarantine is over soon, the last few weeks have been good for slowing down the virus.

I'm hoping it's over in 2 months.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
Young people have died and have been hospitalized too.

The quarantine is over soon, the last few weeks have been good for slowing down the virus.

I'm hoping it's over in 2 months.

Sweden doesn't have a lockdown and has requested the elderly to stay home.

"Posted: Apr 8, 2020 / 05:36 PM MDT / Updated: Apr 9, 2020 / 11:06 AM MDT

"El Paso compliance officers have visited more than 10,000 locations in response to a reported violation of the “Stay Home, Work Safe” orders.

The orders were put in place in March to fight the spread of COVID-19 in the El Paso community.

So far, the City has visited 10,310 homes or businesses, given 639 warnings and nine citations. The City has 320 follow-ups planned."

https://www.ktsm.com/news/el-paso-o...an-10000-stay-home-work-safe-violation-calls/
I was referring to sourcing the infection, not the get togethers.

Stupid question

Its a valid question, but what minermx said.

There will be a vaccine eventually.

Herd immunity will eventually happen too. More people have the virus than we know and a lot have already recovered. I think elderly will be asked to stay home 1st as the lock down lessens.

When we have sufficient testing for immunity (positive IGG) then I would expect a lot more people to get back to work and sports to continue.

Last edited:
Reactions: minermx07
Sweden doesn't have a lockdown and has requested the elderly to stay home.

Whether you look at the National Review, Forbes magazine or Time magazine, the take is about the same. Sweden is about to experience a sharp increase in infections.

Its a valid question, but what minermx said.

There will be a vaccine eventually.

Herd immunity will eventually happen too. More people have the virus than we know and a lot have already recovered. I think elderly will be asked to stay home 1st as the lock down lessens.

When we have sufficient testing for immunity (positive IGG) then I would expect a lot more people to get back to work and sports to continue.
I've seen reports where people who have recovered have got sick again as well?

*** They may seemingly test positive again due to a few different factors, but not get sick again.***

Are they able infect others not yet infected by the virus?

*** They may seemingly test positive again due to a few different factors, but not get sick again.***

Are they able infect others not yet infected by the virus?
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html

Click on the above and go down to 'frequently asked questions' and then click on 'can someone who has had COVID-19 spread the illness to others?'

The virus that causes COVID-19 is spreading from person-to-person. People are thought to be most contagious when they are symptomatic (the sickest). That is why CDC recommends that these patients be isolated either in the hospital or at home (depending on how sick they are) until they are better and no longer pose a risk of infecting others. More recently the virus has also been detected in asymptomatic persons.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT