ADVERTISEMENT

OT: MBB Transfer Portal

Marcus Williams (PG) is transferring out of A&M; was also at Wyoming. Hope UTEP reaches out to him. I'm thinking he will need a waiver to be able to play next year.

Marcus Williams (PG) is transferring out of A&M; was also at Wyoming. Hope UTEP reaches out to him. I'm thinking he will need a waiver to be able to play next year.
Not a good shooter, but a decent option for depth. I would put him behind Newton and Sessoms for sure. Those guys should be our priority.

Not a good shooter, but a decent option for depth. I would put him behind Newton and Sessoms for sure. Those guys should be our priority.
I didn't see any of his games this year, but caught a few of his games last year. He is pretty dynamic. He was FOY and 3rd team all MWC. I do like Newton and Sessoms, but I think Williams would be a very good option as well.

Yup. I think Gerry Rubin from Hellen of Troy, the owner of Azar nut company, and I’m missing a few are just in the millions
Are we lumping Alejandra de la Vega in with Paul Foster? Artemio de la Vega went to UTEP I'm pretty sure. He was smart enought to purchase some plots of land where Tinseltown and other businesses sprang up when it was just sand. I'm sure his net worth is up there close to 1B if not over. And what about Woody Hunt? How is he flying under the radar?

He pretty much ruined A&Ms season. They were really good once he left the team. But, he can play and would probably be very good in cusa. He just wasn’t quick or big enough for the SEC.

He pretty much ruined A&Ms season. They were really good once he left the team. But, he can play and would probably be very good in cusa. He just wasn’t quick or big enough for the SEC.
Thanks for the insight. I didn't realize he left the team. Sounds like a move back down may be in order.

Could this be a sign that Boum and Kennedy are staying? Maybe they're leaving cuz they won't be getting much playing time behind them.
I don’t know. I’ve quit guessing. Just content to let the cards fall where they may. Trusting the process. Aside from Bieniemy, I’m not concerned about the defectors.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love for those two to stay, tho.

I wonder how this will hurt high school recruiting?? It seems like UTEP is not going to be recruiting High Schoolers anymore.

Could this be a sign that Boum and Kennedy are staying? Maybe they're leaving cuz they won't be getting much playing time behind them.
That's my hope, too. Agnew and Saterfield would have been in prime position to get more PT if KK and Boum we're leaving.

Reactions: JCorona
This got me thinking, who was the last Miner we signed out of hs and played all four years here?

Assistant coaches leave all the time. It is a part of the business. However, the timing is not ideal especially when they are trying to rebuild a roster.
Is he the one with Milwaukee pipeline connections?? Who brought in Evan's and Sibley?

I think its Spriggs with the midwest pipeline connection. The Transfer from Pittsburgh brought up Spriggs name about how he knows that area, but I'm not sure. Jeremy Cox is the Goldings to Assistant and dont underestimate Boykins. JB talked about how Boykins helped him improve his game. Having a ex NBa player does help. I say just promote Boykins.

Reactions: SAMINERGIRL
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT