ADVERTISEMENT

Roll call for game at 5:00

Don't be so sure. I can already hear Stull's excuses, well it was a 5 o'clock tip during the holiday season, if we would've been in the championship game attendance would've been "normal", students out on break, yadda, yadda.

Maybe I've been away far too long...but I've never seen the Don anywhere remotely that empty. I'm not so sure...I just have a feeling that Floyd is gone...no later than the end of this season. I hadn't thought that until tonight, honestly.

#HeGone

Reactions: develman
Maybe I've been away far too long...but I've never seen the Don anywhere remotely that empty. I'm not so sure...I just have a feeling that Floyd is gone...no later than the end of this season. I hadn't thought that until tonight, honestly.

#HeGone
From your lips to Satans ass. Sure hope so.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
I know Stull attends games but does Dr. Natalicio? A scene like that would have to make an impression on her and she is the key to any change that might take place.

Don't be so sure. I can already hear Stull's excuses, well it was a 5 o'clock tip during the holiday season, if we would've been in the championship game attendance would've been "normal", students out on break, yadda, yadda.
Haha...maybe you should come up with a "Stull quotes" thread :)

Reactions: develman
Look..,I don't wanna sound like a teenage girl but I gotta be honest that he first thought in my head was a big fuggin OMG when I saw that pic. Never...in my life have I seen the Don (SEC) that empty...ever...during a Miner game. Not even close.

Seeing that, I actually believe Floyd will be fired. Even Stull can't ignore that. Holy shit.
Well there was a certain snow game back around 85-86, but that was mother nature, not Haskins.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
The last time I had the pleasure of speaking to Dr. Natalicio at a game was last season at a womens game right before the womens team wold play for the conference title. We asked if she'd be at the next game. She said she was not sure because when she was there a lot of attention was on her and she didn't want to be a distraction to the team or take any fan focus from the team. She did wind up at the next game, but stayed in the tunnel.

I haven't seen her at any game since then. I really admire her humility. I never understood the insults she gets from cyber ninjas who have probably never met her.

Look..,I don't wanna sound like a teenage girl but I gotta be honest that he first thought in my head was a big fuggin OMG when I saw that pic. Never...in my life have I seen the Don (SEC) that empty...ever...during a Miner game. Not even close.

Seeing that, I actually believe Floyd will be fired. Even Stull can't ignore that. Holy shit.
I didn't see Stull there in his seat behind the Miner bench nor in the tunnel.

So I was at the game and was looking around and trying to guesstimate the number of fans that were present and felt there were about 500 or so but felt less than a thousand for sure.

Here are some of my observations of this season thus far and I know a lot have been mentioned before:
1. Basketball is supposed to be a fun game. The team is obviously not having fun so are playing tight and forcing too many things.
2. In my opinion this team does not play smart.
3. There is almost no athleticism on this team.
4. Losing Winn relay hurts this team because I feel we don't have an inside game.
5. This team misses way too many easy and close to the basket shots plus too many free throws. With the lack of talent on this team, making these shots is very important.
6. Wilms is doing the best he can despite his injuries, but he is not all-conference caliber as Floyd once tabbed him to be.
7. Our big men (Wilms, Thomas, and Jones) still don't know how to set screens. Wilms hunches down to set his screens like he's getting ready to block/tackle somebody. Thomas releases too soon and rolls to the basket so he gets caught with a moving screen.
8. Touchet has lost all his confidence. He is able to knock down all his threes during the Orange and White scrimmage but can't buy one during games.
9. The freshmen should be getting more playing time. At this point what is there to lose, it can't get any worse.
10. As Haskins use to say "be quick but don't hurry". This team forces too much and is out of control. They need to play with more poise.
11. The zone worked last night and with our lack of talent and depth will have to use it a lot despite Floyd being a man-to-man defense type of coach.
12. I like many of you were excited when Floyd was first hired. I truly believed that he was going to take UTEP basketball to the next level and would do so to honor Coach Haskins. He obviously has not done that and instead we have hit rock bottom. It is the worst I have seen and have been following UTEP basketball since the early 70's.
13. I do believe help is on the way for next season but once again we will have young inexperienced talent. Plus, it remains to be seen which of those recruits make it to campus and actually wear a UTEP uniform. It will be interesting to see who is on scholarship next season and who will be gone.

I will stop there at 13. Very sad, sad days in Miner land.

So I was at the game and was looking around and trying to guesstimate the number of fans that were present and felt there were about 500 or so but felt less than a thousand for sure.

Here are some of my observations of this season thus far and I know a lot have been mentioned before:
1. Basketball is supposed to be a fun game. The team is obviously not having fun so are playing tight and forcing too many things.
4. Losing Winn relay hurts this team because I feel we don't have an inside game.
5. This team misses way too many easy and close to the basket shots plus too many free throws. With the lack of talent on this team, making these shots is very important.
6. Wilms is doing the best he can despite his injuries, but he is not all-conference caliber as Floyd once tabbed him to be.
7. Our big men (Wilms, Thomas, and Jones) still don't know how to set screens. Wilms hunches down to set his screens like he's getting ready to block/tackle somebody. Thomas releases too soon and rolls to the basket so he gets caught with a moving screen.
8. Touchet has lost all his confidence. He is able to knock down all his threes during the Orange and White scrimmage but can't buy one during games.
9. The freshmen should be getting more playing time. At this point what is there to lose, it can't get any worse.
10. As Haskins use to say "be quick but don't hurry". This team forces too much and is out of control. They need to play with more poise.
11. The zone worked last night and with our lack of talent and depth will have to use it a lot despite Floyd being a man-to-man defense type of coach.
12. I like many of you were excited when Floyd was first hired. I truly believed that he was going to take UTEP basketball to the next level and would do so to honor Coach Haskins. He obviously has not done that and instead we have hit rock bottom. It is the worst I have seen and have been following UTEP basketball since the early 70's.
13. I do believe help is on the way for next season but once again we will have young inexperienced talent. Plus, it remains to be seen which of those recruits make it to campus and actually wear a UTEP uniform. It will be interesting to see who is on scholarship next season and who will be gone.

Well said, mike.

Correctamundo!

This pic is with 11:02 left in the second.
C0Ut66CUkAA9BWq.jpg

From Harry Ruiz Twitter.

By the way anyone have the announced attendance. Can't seem to find it anywhere.

The announced attendance was 4,633.

Reactions: JCorona
Thanks again. So I'm guessing we have a rough estimate of about 4,500 season ticket holders.

Yep, that number sounds about right.
While that number is not going to be good enough to finish 1st in attendance for a fourth straight year it still will rank in the top three or four. Regardless if in reality only half of them are showing up.

Reactions: UTEP05
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT