ADVERTISEMENT

Sellout The Sun Bowl vs LaTech!

I do not care if all of the $70 seats are bought by season ticket holders and they’re the richest of the rich. JCorona said the most expensive ticket to a UNT is $50; assuming he is correct, a ticket to a UTEP game should not cost more to a UNT game. UNT has a newer stadium and is in the “Dallas” area, which is significantly more wealthy than El Paso.

I am not advocating for $5 tickets every home game from now until 2100. You have to get a crowd in there to see how much fun it is and to see a winning team. Senter should have had like 10,000 $5 tickets for Bethune Cookman. The Chihuahuas have $5 tickets to every game and whether you agree or not, that sets the market for what some people are willing to pay for the worst seat somewhere.

Senter also had LaTech as a premium opponent and charged more for the game. They’re a nice program, but does anyone think we should be charged more to see a New Orleans Bowl participant? Tickets to UTSA and Rice are cheaper and I would venture to say 100% of UTEP fans would rather be in a conference with those schools than LaTech. Yes, it’s $2, but it’s the principle and is non sense.

Since Senter raised the ticket prices 3 straight years with bad teams, what do you think is going to happen next year?
Get flex plan and it's good for any game.

We should have higher ticket prices. UTEP is 100 times more prominent in our market than UNT is in theirs.
That makes no sense. The city’s economy has to be a factor. Could be the greatest show on earth, but if we can’t or won’t pay the asking price you are overpriced.

Reactions: FeralFelidae
The city complained they wanted a winner and UTEP has delivered. Even if UTEP comes from FIU 6-2 that home game vs UTSA could decide who wins the western conference title. I hope the university and media push that game hard because 13 days is more than enough time to build up the hype. A bowl eligible team in the hunt for a conference title should make price point irrelevant.
They don't play FIU this year, but I know what ya meant. It looked to be a more energetic crowd of over 20,000. I was surprised when they said 18.

Let’s get real, there are a ton of reasons people don’t go to the games. Hard as it is to imagine not everyone is a football fan. Not everyone who would like to go can( money, health, work, family etc).
Utep has to create the demand before asking for higher prices.
Many bring up the monster trucks, what where their tickets? For many years all tickets were 10 dollars now I think they went to 15. But remember that’s open seating.and not half the hassle of getting the tickets.
It took me 20 minutes to buy a single ticket, and on the shuttle I was talking to a group of four who could never get the site to load. They ended buying them at the gate. Crap like that turns people off.
Not only that I was buying section 11 to sit with friends, the site showed only two tickets available. There were at least 20 empty seats all around us.

The city complained they wanted a winner and UTEP has delivered. Even if UTEP comes from FIU 6-2 that home game vs UTSA could decide who wins the western conference title. I hope the university and media push that game hard because 13 days is more than enough time to build up the hype. A bowl eligible team in the hunt for a conference title should make price point irrelevant.
Is a “winner” really a good definition of this team? The 6 teams they beat have 2 FBS wins combined and those are over UNT and NMSU, who you guessed it, don’t have FBS wins either.

UTEP is beating the poor teams on their schedule, but it doesn’t mean they’re necessarily giving El Paso a winner. Boise St is 3-4 and has a losing conference record. Some fans aren’t impressed and rightly so!

Tickets for Monsterjam started at $20.

Is a “winner” really a good definition of this team? The 6 teams they beat have 2 FBS wins combined and those are over UNT and NMSU, who you guessed it, don’t have FBS wins either.

UTEP is beating the poor teams on their schedule, but it doesn’t mean they’re necessarily giving El Paso a winner. Boise St is 3-4 and has a losing conference record. Some fans aren’t impressed and rightly so!
We get it. UTEP fans want to play the New Mexico schools but they don't attend cuz those teams suck.

Yes it's UTEP's fault USM and La Tech who have a long history of success suck too. Yes it's UTEP's fault ODU has a new coach and isn't working out.

It's all UTEP's fault. Everything is UTEP's fault.

Where's Marie Antoinette when you need her. It's the "Let them eat cake" of high-priced football tickets around here.

We get it. UTEP fans want to play the New Mexico schools but they don't attend cuz those teams suck.

Yes it's UTEP's fault USM and La Tech who have a long history of success suck too. Yes it's UTEP's fault ODU has a new coach and isn't working out.

It's all UTEP's fault. Everything is UTEP's fault.
When has anyone on here said they want to play New Mexico schools?

The MWC has 1 New Mexico school though. Maybe they want to join because it’s better than CUSA?
You're right again. Fans don't want to join because of old regional rivalries with UNM, Colorado St, Wyoming and Air Force. As a matter of fact I think I've heard Senter say he wants to be in the west division away from UNM so we don't have to play them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT