ADVERTISEMENT

Soggy Bowl Projections

nattybry

MI Miner Maniac
Jul 7, 2003
It's gonna be quite a mess Saturday and UTEP will benefit! Charlotte likes to chuck the ball around, but wetness will lead to drops and fumbles. UTEP runs rough shot and gets enough turnovers to break the East Coast Curse in Soggy Charlotte!!!
Miners 24
49ers 20

Miners break the East Coast Curse with a 31 - 17 win over Charlotte.

Charlotte allows 47ppg and 560 yards pg. If we're ever gonna have an offensive explosion, this is our chance.
UTEP 34
Harlots 10

Reactions: utep2step
By 6pm Satuday it should be dry in Charlotte. Weather shouldn't be a factor.

The East Coast curse ends:

UTEP 42
UNCC 28

We score on defense twice and once on special teams.

Reactions: nattybry
Don’t trust the weather here at all and I am thinking I’ll be a mucky, ugly kind of game but the score will be closer than the game

UTEP 16
Charlotte 7

Gonna go with my heart and my gut. A wet, sloppy, turnover filled hot mess of a game where special teams and defenses get a few points. A safety here, a fumble recovery returned there...

Miners - 26
49ers - 16

UTEP 17
CLT 7

These guys lost to FCS William & Mary so unless UTEP is still celebrating the Boise State win they SHOULD pull this off

Last edited:
Some disagreement on rain soaked field conditions favoring the running game. In a rain it likely is harder to throw and catch, but a wet field with no rain doesn't really favor either IMO. Harder to cut and gain traction for both D and O. Game is on artificial turf and if it is well drained don't see it being a huge factor. I do like the Miners overall chances in this one because of the D.

Reactions: kickballpro
Some disagreement on rain soaked field conditions favoring the running game. In a rain it likely is harder to throw and catch, but a wet field with no rain doesn't really favor either IMO. Harder to cut and gain traction for both D and O. Game is on artificial turf and if it is well drained don't see it being a huge factor. I do like the Miners overall chances in this one because of the D.
Remind me of a story years ago about how someone spotted chemicals and colors draining into the Rio Grande. It was from the Sun Bowl Game dyes being washed off the turf and flowing thru drains.

Last edited:
This one is hard to pick and handicap, Miners never win East of San Antonio or Houston, which UTEP team shows up?

UTEP 3
CLT 0

I could have sworn that UTEP finally won in the Eastern time zone last season. I guess Southern Miss is central time. I know we were close with one of the Florida teams. Winning today would certainly be nice, but hard to trust Dimel and this team to keep it up.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
I kind of know what to expect but foolishly and silently hope that last week was a season-changing victory. Very well knowing this evening those hopes can come crashing back to reality I'll chase change again.

UTEP wins its first game in the East Coast.

UTEP 27
CLT 24

Reactions: nattybry
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT