ADVERTISEMENT

Soggy Bowl Projections

A little ugly at the end but the Miners finally break the east coast curse and also snap a five road game losing streak. Hats off to our Defense!

Last edited:
Yup. Absolutely no need for such a bone-headed play like that. None. That one is on the coaches as well for the lack of discipline.
The crap talking was intense from the 49’ers and IMO, that is what that bone headed penalty was, frustration from UTEP.

We literally tried everything possible to give them the game, but....... We got the win!!!! East Coast Curse almost bit us again with bone head penalties!!! With that said Charlotte's QB is a Gamer, Wow!!! 3-3 I think we'd take after the New Mexico game not many of us thought that was possible!

Abolutely hate the lack of discipline. It's what leads to all the costly mistakes.

If there's a silver lining anywhere it's that the D plays hard. They hit like there's no tomorrow. We had their QB out 3 times from how hard our guys hit. Reminds me of how hard they were hitting Fresno in Albuquerque last December. You could hear the hits in the stands.

Abolutely hate the lack of discipline. It's what leads to all the costly mistakes.

If there's a silver lining anywhere it's that the D plays hard. They hit like there's no tomorrow. We had their QB out 3 times from how hard our guys hit. Reminds me of how hard they were hitting Fresno in Albuquerque last December. You could hear the hits in the stands.
The fact that those guys don’t quit is the key to the season. There were several times in that game where I thought UTEP was going to blow it but these guys just keep punching. It’s impressive to watch because that attitude has kept them in these games

I don’t believe that was targeting. He turned into the receiver with his shoulder. I guess the rule is if the helmets collide they are going to call it.?
Once again on the talk with Dismel, he says with the lead we didn’t want to be aggressive. That’s why he has a losing record.

I don’t believe that was targeting. He turned into the receiver with his shoulder. I guess the rule is if the helmets collide they are going to call it.?
Once again on the talk with Dismel, he says with the lead we didn’t want to be aggressive. That’s why he has a losing record.
Either way it was stupid. Don't give the refs a chance to get involved. Make an easy tackle, push him out of bounds. Don't give the refs a chance by trying to make a big hit. Know the situation. With that said, I'm still absolutely happy! What a crazy and historic win!

That's even worse. Baited and took the bait.
Exactly.
FYI, the NCAA expanded “The Crown” area of the helmet. He just should’ve shoved him out.

There was a TD called back for “illegal man downfield” against UTEP. He was literally just a yard out of the buffer (lack of a better term). During the SDSU/BSU game a commentator stated the refs enforce it rigorously now because Defensive coordinators from around the country were insisting the NCAA do something since the RPO is so widely used. O lineman “Fire off” the line on the RPO causing lineman to be several yards beyond the LOS. He stated the buffer is about 3 yards now, one past it and out goes the flag.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT