ADVERTISEMENT

UNT vs UTEP

Golding has already won as many road games as Terry did in 3 years (five).

Vegas odds are anywhere from +6-+10. ESPN tracker has UNT 89%..

I dont know much about UNT except that they are a well coached and balanced winning team. Not too big, however they score efficiently and give up very few rebounds.

UNT 72
UTEP 68

The bandwagon would start making enough noise to attract some attention I think. It would be a great time for Senter to lower ticket prices to get butts in seats for at least certain games.
One would think but it seems the entire philosophy is to win and force the fans to pay the higher prices if they want to see the team. I still think it's going to backfire but we shall see.

One would think but it seems the entire philosophy is to win and force the fans to pay the higher prices if they want to see the team. I still think it's going to backfire but we shall see.
Yeah, I don’t think Senter’s gonna lower ticket prices. With a win tonight I just think it would be a good time for it to happen. Oh well…

The bandwagon would start making enough noise to attract some attention I think. It would be a great time for Senter to lower ticket prices to get butts in seats for at least certain games.

Unfortunately, there is only one more 7 P.M. Saturday game left (UAB). If UTEP continues to win, then hopefully that game should get more fans.

Win or lose, I just don't think it will get the bandwagon fans to go to the game on Sunday.

Reactions: Lil_Train
Unfortunately, there is only one more 7 P.M. Saturday game left (UAB). If UTEP continues to win, then hopefully that game should get more fans.

Win or lose, I just don't think it will get the bandwagon fans to go to the game on Sunday.
I agree with you. Not with ticket prices where they are. Just don’t think it’ll happen.

I do have some optimism that if we’re still exceeding expectations come that UAB game, prices will drop for it and the house will be more packed than “normal”.

will we see Miner Magic happen again for a 7th win? Oh yeah, this team shows up in different ways to win..
Like our chances for a stunning 3 pt win. If we can score in the 70s Miners win.
flying miners 73 the other guys 70.
keep your fingers and toes crossed for this game.

Even though it’s a regular season game, without much at stake, this feels like as big of a game as we’ve had in quite some time.
It's a big game. A win puts us one game behind the conference leader for a regular season title.

Maybe at least for the Marshall game. It's on superbowl Sunday and would likely give us 8 in a row and really a chance for potentially 11 in a row coming in to our last home stand. That would be a huge opportunity for Senter to do something really cool.

Really though, I don't think Senter will change a thing.

Even though it’s a regular season game, without much at stake, this feels like as big of a game as we’ve had in quite some time.
Both teams are the hottest teams in the league as of today. I predict both teams are going to come out aggressive. My concern are the CUSA refs, they suck rocks. It's ticky tak "mommy he touched me!" calls or only calling fouls on actual beatings. The refs were so CUSA-like that even the Rice play-by-play crew were commenting on the stupid calls on T.V. and their center.

T.V. will foul out. 11 points 10 boards

Boum rises up for these games but gets so amped up he starts shooting off his mouth and gets T'ed up at the worst times which can swing momentum. Can he maintain composure?

Bienemy is red hot.

Hollins is da man. He can win UTEP this game.

This will come down to two of the hottest coaches in CUSA: Golding vs McCasland.

UNT 63
UTEP 54

Both teams are the hottest teams in the league as of today. I predict both teams are going to come out aggressive. My concern are the CUSA refs, they suck rocks. It's ticky tak "mommy he touched me!" calls or only calling fouls on actual beatings. The refs were so CUSA-like that even the Rice play-by-play crew were commenting on the stupid calls on T.V. and their center.

T.V. will foul out. 11 points 10 boards

Boum rises up for these games but gets so amped up he starts shooting off his mouth and gets T'ed up at the worst times which can swing momentum. Can he maintain composure?

Bienemy is red hot.

Hollins is da man. He can win UTEP this game.

This will come down to two of the hottest coaches in CUSA: Golding vs McCasland.

UNT 63
UTEP 54
Agree. This could be a defensive slugfest. One additional key is to minimize offensive rebounds by UNT; we must limit second shots. This is a game where a rebounding guard like Kennedy could help. Sibley, Hollins, and TV really need to get after it on the glass because our perimeter defenders will have their hands full defending the three point line.

He will probably raise them. You dont lower prices if the team is winning.

Seeing that UNT is rightfully so, favored by 10. I’m going with a Miner victory in OT :)
I don’t bet, but when my friend asked, I said to take the bet. 10 points about three weeks ago, maybe. Now? I can’t see the justification.

Now that I’ve said it out loud, I hope I’m right. lol.

Reactions: axingfools1
I have no doubt that UTEP will cover the line tonight, but come up a bit short.

UNT 63
UTEP 60

GO MINERS!

Coaches Terry and McCasland are old friends and have worked together.
I remember Steve Yellen saying in a pregame chat that McCasland has said he learned everything he knew about coaching from CRT. Then when they'd take the court the coaches would have a big friendly hug before tip off. Then McCasland would commence to kicking Terry's ass, every time.
I'm so grateful to have a good coach now! Let's see if Golding can out coach McCasland!
I hope we have a good crew of refs. Can't have Coach Joe getting ejected or it'll be game over.

Miners 65
Mean Boogers 64

Reactions: TxRdKiller
I think we get em at our place, but this is a top 30 team in the nation and not sure we're there yet N. Texas 72
Improving Miners 64

Reactions: bamfor
I think Hollins will have a big game. He's shown he can grab a rebound with enthusiasm. And like MineroFanatico said in a different thread, TV could could go off in this game. Then we play 3 quick guards (including Sibley who can play like a guard) and substitute when needed.
I think our advantages are long guards and a deep bench. Really missing little KK right now!
We'll probably see Onyema at strategic times but little, if any, Kalu and Maring.

Last edited:
Both teams driving hard to the basket. We need to keep attacking, without turnovers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT