SoCal Challenge will be televised by CBSSN

Cal game on at 11PM MT on Monday

Consolation game on at 830PM MT
Championship game on at 11PM MT on Wednesday

SoCal Challenge will be televised by CBSSN

Cal game on at 11PM MT on Monday

Consolation game on at 830PM MT
Championship game on at 11PM MT on Wednesday
From both the SoCal Challenge website and the UTEP Athletics website I see the slightly different time of 10:30 PM MST, which is still insane. I'm off that week, but still trying to decide if it's worth it to stay up until the wee hours watching the game.

Oh, and when is the UTEP Athletics website going to add broadcast info to their schedule? Don't they think that with only 12 days until the season starts that they've waited long enough?

From both the SoCal Challenge website and the UTEP Athletics website I see the slightly different time of 10:30 PM MST, which is still insane. I'm off that week, but still trying to decide if it's worth it to stay up until the wee hours watching the game.

Oh, and when is the UTEP Athletics website going to add broadcast info to their schedule? Don't they think that with only 12 days until the season starts that they've waited long enough?
I know where they keep the monkeys locked up. I will let them know it's time to pund the keyboards!

Well the first game starts at 830, so there would be a 30 minute buffer in between games. It will definitely be close to 11 than 1030.

The only games we are waiting on for TV are at LMU, at ACU - both likely ESPN+ games and the Sun Bowl tournament- likely on YouTube.

All other home games and CUSA games will be on ESPN +. Besides the games announced for National TV.

I wish my father had those connections lol
Zay, don’t listen to anyone, not even me, on this site. If you want fair empirical analysis then maniac is your go to fan. Your work is public as compared to most paid or volunteer staff who have a manager and a small handful of peers/colleagues. You love the Miners and that’s all that matters.

So call up the NCAA. I'm sure nobody has thought to check if they are eligible.
I'm sure Chicago State didn't check before they announced it.
They are on their roster.

Announcement by Chicago State

Oh

No, posting hogwash is not the answer.
How come it’s ok for Gonzaga to schedule them and not UTEP?

Is this a home & home? Because next year they have 2 five star studs who should be eligible.

Is this a home & home? Because next year they have 2 five star studs who should be eligible.
You’re not very smart and totally unaware. Chicago St gets 200 fans a game and plays most of its game on the road. You obviously missed the thing I just posted, stated those guys are ineligible.

Gonzaga can schedule them because when they played them last season, they also scheduled Texas, Michigan St, Kentucky, Baylor, Washington, and Alabama. Then played Purdue and Xavier in a MTE.

You have no clue!

Reactions: JCorona
You’re not very smart and totally unaware. Chicago St gets 200 fans a game and plays most of its game on the road. You obviously missed the thing I just posted, stated those guys are ineligible.

Gonzaga can schedule them because when they played them last season, they also scheduled Texas, Michigan St, Kentucky, Baylor, Washington, and Alabama. Then played Purdue and Xavier in a MTE.

You have no clue!
UTEP can add whoever they want to the schedule. Put Montwood on there for all I care. My only request is that everyone be straightforward about what it is. Here’s what Gonzaga press said about the addition of Chicago St.

“While many Gonzaga fans will shake their head at a team like this getting added to the slate, it’s worth pointing out that the Zags not only have a ridiculously loaded non-conference schedule at the top – including Baylor, Kentucky, Texas, Alabama, Michigan State, and the PK85 – but mid-tier games against programs like UW, Kent State, and Northern Illinois are better than many of the opponents we have seen Mark Few schedule in the past.

So a gimme game against Chicago State – a team that needs to find a way to fill out an entire schedule this season – seems totally reasonable as a tune-up before the WCC Tournament, assuming that’s when the game ends up taking place.”

UTEP can add whoever they want to the schedule. Put Montwood on there for all I care. My only request is that everyone be straightforward about what it is. Here’s what Gonzaga press said about the addition of Chicago St.

“While many Gonzaga fans will shake their head at a team like this getting added to the slate, it’s worth pointing out that the Zags not only have a ridiculously loaded non-conference schedule at the top – including Baylor, Kentucky, Texas, Alabama, Michigan State, and the PK85 – but mid-tier games against programs like UW, Kent State, and Northern Illinois are better than many of the opponents we have seen Mark Few schedule in the past.

So a gimme game against Chicago State – a team that needs to find a way to fill out an entire schedule this season – seems totally reasonable as a tune-up before the WCC Tournament, assuming that’s when the game ends up taking place.”
Yup. Totally agree. Zags OOC was brutal. top major schools don't even schedule seasons that tough.

Well, I don’t totally agree with your first statement. UTEP should be scheduling better opponents as a whole.

Yeah, there is nothing wrong with UTEP scheduling Chicago St. A think a few people had issue with UTEPZay saying UTEP had all quality opponents on their schedule this season. Which is total horseshit, as Chicago St is in no way a quality opponent.

I never said it wasn't ok for Chicago State to play UTEP. All I'm saying is a team with an RPI in the 300's isn't a quality opponent.

So you don't have any answers? What do you do to promote UTEP? How can you say a team with an RPI in the 300's is a "quality opponent"?
Not really bud I definitely just worded the tweet poorly lol

2Step is of course missing the point. The name of the schools is irrelevant. UTEP is playing USAO tonight and it could be WNMU or Cal St - LA. The name doesn’t matter. Those schools that McNeese and Evansville scheduled are irrelevant too. UTEP shouldn’t be scheduling non-D1s like McNeese and Evansville are doing. They should be challenging themselves. 1 game is fine. 3 is not.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT