ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP loses Buddha... making room?

U36dWjY.gif

Reactions: FarWestTexas
Now, now...don't be too upset about this. Many on here didn't believe Buddah was going to help the team (much) anyhow. Perhaps, Floyd is making room for a big who will.

And the cycle continues...

A friend of mine said ... So we screwed a really good kid out of a scholarship last year for Jones.... Brilliant.

Now, now...don't be too upset about this. Many on here didn't believe Buddah was going to help the team (much) anyhow. Perhaps, Floyd is making room for a big who will.

And the cycle continues...

I guess time will tell re: Buddha. I liked his athleticism and upside if only the coaches had developed him.

Last edited:
The Times said today that with the guard from Cali signing, UTEP had 14 on scholarship while only 13 are allowed. Losing Jones puts UTEP back to 13 but there may be more signings coming. Revolving door doesn't begin to describe this basketball program.

The Times said today that with the guard from Cali signing, UTEP had 14 on scholarship while only 13 are allowed. Losing Jones puts UTEP back to 13 but there may be more signings coming. Revolving door doesn't begin to describe this basketball program.

Omega was stripped of his scholarship. So I think if its given back to him then we would be one over again. I can still envision more departures or a recruit not coming and signing 2 more.

It seems like every offseason we have 15 or 16 scholarships allocated and then when the season starts we have 11 players. Floyd Sucks.

Omega was stripped of his scholarship. So I think if its given back to him then we would be one over again. I can still envision more departures or a recruit not coming and signing 2 more.

It seems like every offseason we have 15 or 16 scholarships allocated and then when the season starts we have 11 players. Floyd Sucks.

And it's NEVER the best 11 players that stay ...

Reactions: develman
Now, every season brings a roster full of brand new players, most of which have never played a moment of Div I ball. We start from scratch ever year. That might work well at UK, KU, and Duke, but Floyd doesn't (and can't) sign the types of players to field a successful program employing that method. 2016-17 UTEP Basketball is going to suck, and the HC is the sole blame.

It is time for Tim Floyd to be shown the door.

Last edited:
I wonder if anyone in the athletic department, not on the basketball staff, does exit interviews with all the players that leave the men's team each year. I know that would take a lot of time, considering the number of departures, but it might give Stull some insight to Floyd's methods and help him usher Floyd out.

Reactions: develman
I wonder if anyone in the athletic department, not on the basketball staff, does exit interviews with all the players that leave the men's team each year. I know that would take a lot of time, considering the number of departures, but it might give Stull some insight to Floyd's methods and help him usher Floyd out.

Stull would have to care first.

Now, every season brings a roster full of brand new players, most of which have never played a moment of Div I ball. We start from scratch ever year. That might work well ay UK, KU, and Duke, but Floyd doesn't (and can't) sign the types of players to field a successful program employing that method. 2016-17 UTEP Basketball is going to suck, and the HC is the sole blame.

It is time for Tim Floyd to be shown the door.
I guess time will tell re: Buddah. I liked his athleticism and upside if only the coaches had developed him.
Buddah is an athletic player and probably will be good, but he wasn't the super stud that could start from day one. But as far as his transferring, if he had gone to Memphis (the other school after him), he would most likely be transferring from there right now. They've had the coaching change and all bets were off for Buddah staying there. All it means is that we lose him instead of Memphis. That doesn't do us any good, but it's not the end of the world either.

Who knows if they actually do the exit interview but they are suppose to. Well at least according to the UTEP Athletics Strategic Plan 2013-2018.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools...2013-14/misc_non_event/13-18strategicplan.pdf

On page six ironically under Goal 1
"Utilize exit interviews from student-athlete and coaches to evaluate programs"

How does this turnover sit well with the big money donors? If Stull wants people to donate money for stadium upgrades and a pipe dream of leaving CUSA I can't imagine Floyd's job is helping. If Floyd keeps this up I may start saying we're a Women's BB school and that's no disrespect to Coach Adams. She's doing everything Floyd isn't doing at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT