ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP vs NMSU

NMSU is a lean and very athletic team. CRT ran a disciplined offense and Lathon was calm and cool.

Williams was too much for NMSU. The dude is an absolute beast inside. He has an NBA body who can push like an earth mover. He pushed McCants around easily and McCants is a big body for NMSU. I will say it now; Williams has Derrick Caracter strength and athleticism.

Vila, what is there not to like? Rebounds, rebounds and rebounds some more. And I heard people in the stands still biatch about him. NMSU guards were hanging off of him, literally, towards the end. Some of you Miner fans, what's your beef with Vila?!
How'd you get off church duties?

NMSU is a lean and very athletic team. CRT ran a disciplined offense and Lathon was calm and cool.

Williams was too much for NMSU. The dude is an absolute beast inside. He has an NBA body who can push like an earth mover. He pushed McCants around easily and McCants is a big body for NMSU. I will say it now; Williams has Derrick Caracter strength and athleticism.

Vila, what is there not to like? Rebounds, rebounds and rebounds some more. And I heard people in the stands still biatch about him. NMSU guards were hanging off of him, literally, towards the end. Some of you Miner fans, what's your beef with Vila?!

I like Vila, but he forces passes sometimes that aren’t there.

Reactions: Randaddy Miner
Not really UTEp shot 47% that's very good, they shot bad from three point range though only 23%. If they make 2 more threes they win by 21 and it really feels like a blowout. Now NMSU really sucked, you're right there. They shot 37% and a pathetic 18% from the line.

We had alot of dunks and layups near the end. But struggled from the three point line. UTEP is easily 25 points better than NMSU.

I felt the Miners didn’t even play their to fullest potential (sloppy, lots of turnovers and missed opportunities) and then won by 15.

If team stays healthy and Archie is added to the mix.. woah!

Reactions: FarWestTexas

I like Vila’s overall game! He is a “glue guy”.

He was/is a Westbrook wanna be. He was dancing around every time NMSUx made a three. I heckled him pretty good when our guards made good plays. Stuff like: you got tired of getting beat like then in practice is why you transferred, you're leaving the Don with another L, if you could play as good as you dance on the bench you wouldn't have had to transfer. It was fun.

How'd you get off church duties?
Mrs. 2step said just tell the truth to your superior. Who is going to say "no" to a dad who wants to take his son to a game for dad and son time?

Good news: All went well and UTEPMBB has a new fan and loved the atmosphere of the rivalry and was my son was mesmerized by Bryson Williams.

Mrs. 2step said just tell the truth to your superior. Who is going to say "no" to a dad who wants to take his son to a game for dad and son time?

Good news: All went well and UTEPMBB has a new fan and loved the atmosphere of the rivalry and was my son was mesmerized by Bryson Williams.
Ahh, 2step. Here I was hoping you had lied and joined the dark side.;)

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Aside from not grabbing the ball with authority, I like his play. He has some nifty passes for a big. Actually has better handles than I thought too. He’s a crucial part of the puzzle.
His length on the perimeter, and his ability to stay in front of a smaller man defensively are his main contributions which stand out from other guys on the roster. Playing a three guard lineup, having a perimeter guy with his length on defense is super valuable. I think that is part of the reason Tarke isn't getting many/any minutes.

ok to those who are "in the know" I have heard Archie is one of our best players.... all I know is he was rated high.... is he one of our best players? on bryson williams level?

Archie is up there with Bryson and Daryl Williams. Once he comes back we are going to be really dangerous and deep.

Aside from not grabbing the ball with authority, I like his play. He has some nifty passes for a big. Actually has better handles than I thought too. He’s a crucial part of the puzzle.
One time last night we broke the press and we had a 3 on 1 with Vila at the point. He proceeded to reverse the ball and the whole crowd groaned. I just shook my head because he did this multiple times in the opener. Aside from this, not helping well on weak side drives (Edwards got all over him a few times) and not having strong hands on the rebounds I really like his game. He can pass, shoot, drive, finish and plays good defense otherwise. I think he works out the kinks pretty quick. That inbound to Efe and pass back for the 3 pointer was really nice. Our bench loved it!

Archie is up there with Bryson and Daryl Williams. Once he comes back we are going to be really dangerous and deep.
I have no idea how good he is, but this team is still missing a wing player with Stroud still being a pup and Tarke MIA. If Archie contributes this team will be hella deep. I just dont know where this leaves Tarke since we will have 4 bigs, 4 guards and Archie/Stroud at SF.

I have no idea how good he is, but this team is still missing a wing player with Stroud still being a pup and Tarke MIA. If Archie contributes this team will be hella deep. I just dont know where this leaves Tarke since we will have 4 bigs, 4 guards and Archie/Stroud at SF.
Agree. By all accounts, Archie is a true wing. If Tarke isn't getting PT now, before Archie is eligible, it is hard to see him playing after the fact. It will be interesting to see how Terry handles the playing time. If Archie comes in and gets immediate playing time, I think we all know where this is going. I thought Tarke would get some PT last night based on the matchup, but that wasn't the case.

Last edited:
He was/is a Westbrook wanna be. He was dancing around every time NMSUx made a three. I heckled him pretty good when our guards made good plays. Stuff like: you got tired of getting beat like then in practice is why you transferred, you're leaving the Don with another L, if you could play as good as you dance on the bench you wouldn't have had to transfer. It was fun.

The way he was clowning on the bench. Ridiculous. His dancing and the heckling of the student section just got more and more annoying. After he did that ice in the veins injection gesture they wouldn't let him forget it

The way he was clowning on the bench. Ridiculous. His dancing and the heckling of the student section just got more and more annoying. After he did that ice in the veins injection gesture they wouldn't let him forget it
Well now we know why he chose NMSU. Too bad for him the tides have turn. NNSU is not as good this year and next year they will be reloading (if their coach even stays).

Sounds like he has had feelings towards UTEP, I wonder why?

Reactions: Autograph Boy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT