ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP @ WKY Basketball Prediction Thread

They beat us in all scoring categories % wise, including points in the paint.

Turnovers are great and all, but scoring wins.

Reactions: PickMyAxe915
Plus steals don't always mean good defense. UTEP couldn't get stops at home, and that happened again on the road.
Maybe one day we'll learn to play halfcourt defense. I'm not as much of a glutton for punishment as some of you all are, but whenever I do get a chance to watch, any possession that doesn't end in a turnover seems to result in a layup drill.

Dear Senter and Golding, this is an “attaboy!” but it doesn’t sell tickets.
Seriously? We have a 10-12 record against D1 competition, haven't won a true road game all season, we're in danger of finishing with a losing record for the 2nd year in a row, and we're bragging about breaking some worthless team steals record? What the f@ck UTEP!

GG Miners. Tops turned it over 2 more times than UTEP, but from a percentage of possessions standpoint it was a win for us as we only coughed it up on 19.6% of our possessions, well below your average of 26%. UTEP won the FT takes battle with +3 attempts, but WKU finished +2 on makes. FT's and TO's were the two areas I had circled as keys to the game, and it played out that way. The 81 pace was blazing fast and this played more into the game we want to play as the #1 pace team in America. For me, it was the number of 3's attempted by UTEP that sunk them. They are #333 nationally in 3pt % and #303 in % of points coming from 3's. 29 is just simply too many takes from 3 when it seemed you were getting any and everything you wanted at the rim. Never once did this game feel comfortable and the Miners are definitely not a team I want to see in Huntsville. Your pressure defense, aggressive play, and tenacity on the glass is the stuff of nightmares. Good luck the rest of the way and glad to share a conference with a team and fanbase who actually give a rip about roundball.

Last edited:
Seriously? We have a 10-12 record against D1 competition, haven't won a true road game all season, we're in danger of finishing with a losing record for the 2nd year in a row, and we're bragging about breaking some worthless team steals record? What the f@ck UTEP!
22-30 over the last 2 years. Only one win vs a q1/q2 team. But hey, we led the nation in scoring for two games and now we got another record! Let’s go Minerssssss!!!!

why is golding replaced?
he hasn’t been replace because his current buyout is just over a million or something like that. It’s probably going to be another year of mediocrity before Senter moves on a basketball coach unless the program implodes like NMSU

he hasn’t been replace because his current buyout is just over a million or something like that. It’s probably going to be another year of mediocrity before Senter moves on a basketball coach unless the program implodes like NMSU
There is a reason UTEP athletics has a $5M surplus. They pinch pennies until they scream. Buying out Dimel's contract was a shock to us all but a huge step in the right direction.

GG Miners. Tops turned it over 2 more times than UTEP, but from a percentage of possessions standpoint it was a win for us as we only coughed it up on 19.6% of our possessions, well below your average of 26%. UTEP won the FT takes battle with +3 attempts, but WKU finished +2 on makes. FT's and TO's were the two areas I had circled as keys to the game, and it played out that way. The 81 pace was blazing fast and this played more into the game we want to play as the #1 pace team in America. For me, it was the number of 3's attempted by UTEP that sunk them. They are #333 nationally in 3pt % and #303 in % of points coming from 3's. 29 is just simply too many takes from 3 when it seemed you were getting any and everything you wanted at the rim. Never once did this game feel comfortable and the Miners are definitely not a team I want to see in Huntsville. Your pressure defense, aggressive play, and tenacity on the glass is the stuff of nightmares. Good luck the rest of the way and glad to share a conference with a team and fanbase who actually give a rip about roundball.
And still Golding can't see this problem!?

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Can somebody explain to me why we are so bad at free throws? Are our guys gassed from the style of defense we play? Do they even practice them? I mean….wth is going on? And this has been a consistent thing under Golding except for his first season when he had a Souley Boum.
I just don’t get it.

Can somebody explain to me why we are so bad at free throws? Are our guys gassed from the style of defense we play? Do they even practice them? I mean….wth is going on? And this has been a consistent thing under Golding except for his first season when he had a Souley Boum.
I just don’t get it.
From what I understand, Golding leaves the practicing of FTs to the players on their own time. I don't remember where I heard that or read that... maybe it was Miner Talk.

If you can't make FTs (esp as a 1-3), you aren't a D1 player. It's such a fundamental thing.

I just don’t get it.
Free throws have been a problem before Fool’s Golding. It’s a UTEP problem.

Here’s an interesting question. With the same players on this team, what would Sadler’s record be this season? IMHO, I truly believe that Sadler would’ve coached circles around Golding. I guess he would’ve been the better hire. His recruiting couldn’t have been worse than Golding. 😣

Reactions: Dmanminer
Here’s an interesting question. With the same players on this team, what would Sadler’s record be this season? IMHO, I truly believe that Sadler would’ve coached circles around Golding. I guess he would’ve been the better hire. His recruiting couldn’t have been worse than Golding. 😣
Sadler brought in OT and Stefon (Philly connection). Otherwise he stank too and got his promotion as quickly as he could before UTEP had a bad season under him.

I would give anything for a player of their calibre though. Golding would have a few more wins this season with a clutch, go to scorer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT