ADVERTISEMENT

WestStar Don Haskins Sun Bowl Invitational

WKU lost by 35 to (20) UK. Fifth year coach and one of the most consistent top teams in CUSA. I think there might have been some over reactions to Golding's loss at (7) Kansas.

Damn, sparse crowd for a campeonato. Hope the fans continue to trickle in.
Win tonight and hopefully a win @UAB will do wonders. Tough, tough games for UTEP, sickness, injuries, a better than anticipated Bradley team and then open CUSA before 1/1/22. They win El Paso doesn’t deserve this team.

Ball hits ref for Bradley. No out of bounds call.

All hands as KK goes for slam. Bad no call.
It’s going to be a long night.

We all knew this year was gonna be somewhat of a rebuilding year … nothing unexpected here to see

Rebuilding, yes…we all got after Terry for not adjusting… Golding didn’t do much in the 2nd half. The 3s were there all night for Bradley and the Miners went back to jacking up shitty 3s. Hopefully conference is favorable and they get hot at the end. That’s what counts

Seems like once we had what we thought was a comfortable and surprising 14 point lead, we lost all focus and intensity. We let up on defense and stopped working for high % shots; got lazy and started fouling instead of guarding.
Shall we call it a learning experience?
This would have been a prideful win, but a shake your head loss instead.

Another embarrassing performance in this crappy tournament. We should just schedule a top P5 team on the road instead and get blown out. It is better than losing to some crappy team in the SB Invitational, which seems to be the norm now. Losing to Bradley is an embarrassment not a learning experience.

Reactions: Rocketsr
Tough way to end the game after being up so big in the 2nd half. I'm trying not to let it bother me too much though, It's still not even halfway into Goldings 1st year and too many players have been sick/out. Bad loss, but I'm still interested in how this team will look come Feb-March.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
Another embarrassing performance in this crappy tournament. We should just schedule a top P5 team on the road instead and get blown out. It is better than losing to some crappy team in the SB Invitational, which seems to be the norm now. Losing to Bradley is an embarrassment not a learning experience.
Bradley is from the MVC which has become way more competitive than CUSA over the years. A tough conference with Loyola Chicago leading the way (but bolting for the A10 in the summer and Final 4 appearance in 2018 and Sweet 16). This was in no way an upset for Bradley. They started off tripping out of the gate early but UTEP got them at a bad time as they are starting to heat up.

Football team ended their season at 7-6.
Basketball team could also be 7-6 after UAB, but let's hope not

When you don't have a big man who can post up, your options are limited.
When you don't have a big man who can post up, your options are limited.
Although, Maring played pretty good in his short time on the court. 6 points and 3 boards in 15 minutes, no turnovers. Also had a great pass in the first half under the basket on the baseline. I thought we should have played through him more. Kalu is gonna have to learn to go up strong and protect the ball. He gets blocked/stripped as much as any 6’9” guy I’ve seen.

I thought we would be more exciting around the rim with Golding. Maybe some pick and roll, lobs, in-bound plays etc. It's basically an inside out game which a lot of 3s like Terry's offense so far.

And what was up with the lazy weave in the 2nd half? The guys seemed like they went through the motion for the sake of going through the motion and not to set something up. LAZY LAZY LAZY weave in the 2nd half.

I keep hearing talk about UTEP vs NMSU part III. Thing is I don't think many saying that realize that Kent State is not a weak team and could potentially beat both teams. They lost by 5 to Houston and 7 to Gonzaga. Their 3rd loss is to Charleston.

NMSU is bringing their band and will be loud. They have a good team but with distractions being what they are I can see Kent State winning

I keep hearing talk about UTEP vs NMSU part III. Thing is I don't think many saying that realize that Kent State is not a weak team and could potentially beat both teams. They lost by 5 to Houston and 7 to Gonzaga. Their 3rd loss is to Charleston.

NMSU is bringing their band and will be loud. They have a good team but with distractions being what they are I can see Kent State winning
I'm Rooting for Kent State.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT