ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Terry makes 1st UTEP offer / Basketball Recruiting

If anyone is lost with all the action
We still need another forward/center for this year IMO. Thomas and 2 freshman will have it tough. I don't think Rhyanes can provide much in games. We wouldn't want this team to get frustrated early because of poor depth on the front line.

If Williams signs, then we have 10 players for 2019 and Terry can go after another young big out of high school and maybe another PG too. With this foundation he is building he can literally go after high quality players and be picky.

Reactions: Lil_Train
Not afraid to take it to the hole like Randy Culpepper but doesn't have his hops. 2019-20 has the potential to be a very special year like 2010. As for 2018-19, I have a gut feeling Hawkins and Deon Stroud are going to bring some energy back that hasn't been seen since the Vince Hunter days.

Reactions: minermx07
So we have 3 to give as of now? Two if Williams signs. Hoping CRT NOW focuses on a couple frontcourt grad transfers.
I agree. You have to think the staff is still pursuing interior players. At this point, the only possible options for next year are late qualifying JC guys, or grad transfers.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
This team is reminding me a lot of what Barbee brought in when he got here. A lot of athleticism, missing a big. Hopefully, somewhere out there Coach Terry can find Caracter type of player.

I know we got Eze, but we need one more big, even if we play a small line up.

This is nowhere close to what barbee brought. This talent is way better. The players that Barbee brought were unkown. The players that Terry is bringing is players that other schools want.

This is nowhere close to what barbee brought. This talent is way better. The players that Barbee brought were unkown. The players that Terry is bringing is players that other schools want.

So you're saying Terry is going to be more successful than Barbee?

Fresno really messed up giving up on Coach Terry. UTEP has given Coach Terry
what he wanted. Now its up to him to make it happened. I can feel the hype
Coach Terry is creating. I will be at the done for sure...

GO Miners...

What does "very special" mean? Conference championship, win at least one game in the Big Dance, something else?
Not taking your bait. Special, means Special... Period!

GO Miners...
What do you mean they really messed up... Giving Up on Terry??? They gave him an extension with an increase in pay each year... They didn't give up on him we stole him, because he didn't have a buy out and wanted to get back to Texas!

Not taking your bait. Special, means Special... Period!

What do you mean they really messed up... Giving Up on Terry??? They gave him an extension with an increase in pay each year... They didn't give up on him we stole him, because he didn't have a buy out and wanted to get back to Texas!

Not surprised you don't have an answer to a VERY simple question. Sorry that question was too tough for you to answer.

Not surprised you don't have an answer to a VERY simple question. Sorry that question was too tough for you to answer.
Do you see,.... Hall of Famer next to my name? That means I have contributed to this blog continuously for over 10 years! You are beneath me and don't merit a response. You are not asking out of constructive conversation. You are a meaningless Troll, who has changed your snake skin many times. You insist on starting arguments and derailing posts. Therefore don't respond to my comments and expect a justifiable answer. You're just a POS and I apologize that I again gave u a voice. Be gone Peasant!

Reactions: miner1liner
I'll take the bait. He didn't answer because any answer would've been met by a counter-argument by you because that's your thing.

If he said make the Tournament, then you would've said, "so I guess that does mean that NMSU is special since they do it every year".

If he would've said win CUSA, you would've said "big deal CUSA is awful anyways".

If he would've said a Sweet 16 appearance. Ypu would've said "so I guess we're not a basketball school since we haven't gone to the Sweet 16 since 1992".

Last edited:

GO Miners...

I think more than anything Coach Terry gave up on Fresno St due to their lack of investment in the program and chaotic administrative situation. You don't want to be the Head Coach a new Athletic Director inherits because they'll always want to bring in their own guy.

We got lucky for once.

Do you see,.... Hall of Famer next to my name? That means I have contributed to this blog continuously for over 10 years! You are beneath me and don't merit a response. You are not asking out of constructive conversation. You are a meaningless Troll, who has changed your snake skin many times. You insist on starting arguments and derailing posts. Therefore don't respond to my comments and expect a justifiable answer. You're just a POS and I apologize that I again gave u a voice. Be gone Peasant!

WOW, you're a Hall of Famer on a message board! You must be so proud!

I don't merit a response, but yet your response is six lines long. LOL!!

Reactions: ShovelMan66
I'll take the bait. He didn't answer because any answer would've been met by a counter-argument by you because that's your thing.

If he said make the Tournament, then you would've said, "so I guess that does mean that NMSU is special since they do it every year".

If he would've said win CUSA, you would've said "big deal CUSA is awful anyways".

If he would've said a Sweet 16 appearance. Ypu would've said "so I guess we're not a basketball school since we haven't gone to the Sweet 16 since 1992".

Not at all. To me a special season is a trip to the Big Dance. I was curious about his opinion, but he chose again to derail a thread.

Look at the the other threads with my opinions with other posters. They go very well because other posters know how to disagree without being immature and don't throw a fit when somebody disagrees with them.

Hell I’ll say it. If all the rumored transfers show up and are as good as we assume they are then we will have a special season. To me a special season is similar to what WKU accomplished this last season.

I agree. You have to think the staff is still pursuing interior players. At this point, the only possible options for next year are late qualifying JC guys, or grad transfers.

I would think/hope so. Although I keep being surprised by the acquisition of guards. Lol.

Unless we land some diamond in the rough JC late qualifier, I like the last two spots (provided we land Williams) going to grad transfer interior guys so that CRT would have those two slots available, along with PT’s, the following year, when he has ALL year long to scout and bring in who he really wants. I’m impressed by Terry’s ability to sell his “vision”, and believe he can acquire some absolute gems with a whole year to get it done.

Do you know of any interior JC guys who could help us immediately?

Reactions: axingfools1
Here’s a list of graduate transfers. Not many good options.

https://gradtransfertracker.com/potential-transfers-1/

The way I look at it is put Efe and Eze into the fire immediately. Get them as many minutes as possible so that they are more ready for the next couple years. Not like we should build a team around grad transfers. Really just need some bodies. Obviously the better they are, the better it is for us. Thinking next year will be about establishing culture and gaining court experience more than anything.

Scott averaged 12.5 pts/gm last year at Texas Southern. He’d do. Abdul Lewis at NJIT averaged 12 and 8. He’d probably help out.

Are you aware of any JUCO guys are available and could help out?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT