ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Terry makes 1st UTEP offer / Basketball Recruiting

Well I’m glad we’re working on the future but what about this years class?

Looks big on film. He looks about 6'4" and strong. He drives to the hoop and finishes well. He has a good spin move. He pushes his jump shot and looks to play below the rim.

Top 150 player in Rivals as a high 3-star

He is unrated by ESPN, Scout and Verbal commits, but a consensus 4-star on 247? These sites are getting bad at updating the players.

Looks big on film. He looks about 6'4" and strong. He drives to the hoop and finishes well. He has a good spin move. He pushes his jump shot and looks to play below the rim.

Top 150 player in Rivals as a high 3-star

He is unrated by ESPN, Scout and Verbal commits, but a consensus 4-star on 247? These sites are getting bad at updating the players.
Just use 247Sports and Rivals man, 247Sports should be applauded as the best, they have actual boots on the ground at AAU events and what not actually evaluating these guys and not basing their rankings of YouTube clips like it seems Scout used to do for a period there.

Reactions: axingfools1
Another big man Terry could go after is 4-star James Banks III. He is a big 6'10" shot blocking rebounder from Georgia who couldn't get much playing time at Texas due to other high level bigs. He has 2 years of eligibility left. He would be tremendous at UTEP IMO.

Jacob Young SG is also transferring from Texas. 4-star as well and comes from Yates high school in Houston.

We should help Terry out since he just strted and send him some recruiting Ideas its a team effort lol

Reactions: Lil_Train
We should help Terry out since he just strted and send him some recruiting Ideas its a team effort lol
Well we have heard zero from Terry and staff so far for 2018. I wasn't impressed with this hire, but after seeing stuff on twitter about his recruiting prowess at Texas, I felt better. I will give him the benefit of the doubt. I also understand its late, but I'm expecting some touted players to be brought in here soon. I'm not looking for another 3-4 year rebuild or any excuses.

CUSA is there for the taking. Some big time players can easily get us over the top and back in the tourney (with good coaching). UAB is raking in some good ones and WKU did last year as well.

Give him until mid May, IMO. He's a new shark in Texas recruiting waters. He's obviously not like Dimel who uses social media to our liking when he told Miner fans where he had dinner at a recruiting trip. Some dont like showing if they have full house or just bluffing. I just read today Missouri State stole a top FAU recruit because of coaching changes.

Efe Odigie has also been released from his LOI from Fresno. He is listed as 6'9" 275 lbs out of Houston. Could be another possible Terry target late.
Terry has a major selling point with Efe. He can tell Efe he will be a guaranteed starter next season cause we have no big men.

Now being recruited by Ok St., Tech, Baylor, A&M, Purdue, Marquette and UTEP amongst others (per Eric Bossi).

Here is another name, not sure if its been posted.

Andres Ibarguen - Trinity Valley CC - 6'7", 245 PF

I looked for film on this guy and came across a beast that was blocking shots and dunking on everybody.....too bad it was a different Efe Odigie. There is some film on this kid. He is big and has some nice post moves, but seems to play below the rim. I think maybe his ankle was bothering him or something.

I looked for film on this guy and came across a beast that was blocking shots and dunking on everybody.....too bad it was a different Efe Odigie. There is some film on this kid. He is big and has some nice post moves, but seems to play below the rim. I think maybe his ankle was bothering him or something.

Do you know hard it is to use your left like that down in the paint, much less trying to defend against it? UTEP needs him since Tirus left.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT