ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Terry makes 1st UTEP offer / Basketball Recruiting

I don’t know. That kid Hamm looked good taking it to the hole, taking contact and finishing. Thomas seems content to rely on his jump shot. Granted he has a nice shot, but I want to see him drive, or play a little closer to the rim.

I don’t know. That kid Hamm looked good taking it to the hole, taking contact and finishing. Thomas seems content to rely on his jump shot. Granted he has a nice shot, but I want to see him drive, or play a little closer to the rim.
It's not gonna happen. PT has a perimiter mentality and may actually thrive better in that 'position'. I mean Terry may allow him to play this style at the 4 spot. He better hit shots though!

PT’s mid range game looked pretty good. He’s developed a softer touch over three years. However, I don’t know how tired he was, or how much effort they were supposed to give, but his defense looked turrible (in my best Charles Barkley voice)!!! It’s an area that he just hasn’t developed much over time. As a senior he should be pushing guys around. Not sure we’re gonna see that.

Don't know why 2Sfep, but this is one of several of your posts where the attachment won't open on my phone. I have to go the tablet or computer. Your's are the only ones I have a problem with. ?????
I don't know? I am using the site attachment button for social media attachments.

You're not using an old IE version are you? Rivals says they are no longer compatible with their site. Don't shoot the messenger!

PT’s mid range game looked pretty good. He’s developed a softer touch over three years. However, I don’t know how tired he was, or how much effort they were supposed to give, but his defense looked turrible (in my best Charles Barkley voice)!!! It’s an area that he just hasn’t developed much over time. As a senior he should be pushing guys around. Not sure we’re gonna see that.

You cant judge defense off that video. I bet they only showed the ones where they made a shot. All the people on Twitter that dogging Thomas on his defense from that clip are dumb.

Is it dumb to judge his defense based upon his previous 3 years?

Because this video clip kind of looks familiar.

Yes it is to judge his defense off that clip. Is it okay for people to confront him on Twitter about it?

Thomas had a good sophomore year. Came on too strong actually by trying to do it all himself at times. He took a step back last year. Thomas is not a "take it to the hole finisher". Just live with it. It's not his style even though every one who views a basketball game thinks a big man has to play that way. It's training in the weight room and developing the quick reflex muscles to move and play beyond a few feet. Case in point, Cedric Lang. He worked on his inside game and beefed up and by his senior year was hard to stop inside. A few feet beyond that, he struggled. His footwork was D1 adequate for the level of play but down in the post is where he did damage. Thomas wants to play 3 ball and down low.

You actually have a 3 playing against a 4. What do you expect?

True. But the 3 has two more years of experience than the 4 at the college level. Hamm averaged an underwhelming 5 minutes a game in his lone college season and maybe half a point.

I hope I’m wrong about PT’s defense. I’m just saying if the past 3 years, and or that video clip, are any indication of what we will get with his defense...

Reactions: Lil_Train
I don't know? I am using the site attachment button for social media attachments.

You're not using an old IE version are you? Rivals says they are no longer compatible with their site. Don't shoot the messenger!
Don't know what version. It's a new phone so assume it has updated version.

True. But the 3 has two more years of experience than the 4 at the college level. Hamm averaged an underwhelming 5 minutes a game in his lone college season and maybe half a point.

I hope I’m wrong about PT’s defense. I’m just saying if the past 3 years, and or that video clip, are any indication of what we will get with his defense...
With the depth issues this year, Thomas is going to need to find some way to stay out of foul trouble; which he hasn't been able to his previous three years. So his defensive effort displayed in the video may just be a preview of things to come. ;)

Deon Stroud.
Why isn't he eligible for 2018?
You need to read 1-2183.

He somehow reclassified up a year to become a prop 48. The thought process is that he will have a head start on D1 basketball (better competition and strength program), rather than playing his senior year of high school.

Reactions: minerfan_14
You need to read 1-2183.

He somehow reclassified up a year to become a prop 48. The thought process is that he will have a head start on D1 basketball (better competition and strength program), rather than playing his senior year of high school.
Thanks, but I have no clue what 1-2183 is.

Bigwood sources say Jesse Zarzuela is going to announce that he will take his talents to El Paso.

As far as guard recruits, welcome to the new age, I'd rather have skill than size, something CTF did not grasp. Time for a new exciting era of pressing, dribble drive, and shooting.
As tomorrow is now today, here’s his twitter page if you want to follow him. He has NOT announced yet, so let’s welcome him once he has

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT