ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Terry makes 1st UTEP offer / Basketball Recruiting

It’s because he will decommit (only a verbal )now and they got wind of it so now he’s a 4 star you watch

The FV (Floyd virus) has not fully gone thru my system. I will believe it at tip off next year.

He seemed pretty solid. Reminds me of Magic Johnson. Except he can shoot from the outside.
He actually reminds me of Julyan Stone. I think Stone was a better athlete, but this kid looks like a better shooter. With Lathon a junior next year, he looks to be the point guard of the future. Good to get a 4 star out of SoCal.

Smart kid. Looks very strong and athletic and is probably still growing. He has come a LONG way in 3 years. CRT has a knack for spotting good PFs and Onyema fits the bill. I will be following him closely this year.
If CRT keeps this up along with a healthy mix of solid transfers (or 3-5 star recruits), I can see deep NCAA runs in the future. #excitingtimes!

We

He’s pretty under the radar. Looks smooth and athletic.

Wonder if lil train knows anything about him being in the same area.?
Haven't had a chance to see him in person yet, but have talked to a few people who like his game. Late bloomer that had a really nice summer on the circuit. Sounds like a guy who will need some time to develop.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
giphy.gif

Man...the kid's dad (whose tweet that is) apparently hosts a Raiders podcast, and on his most recent one he talked about the trouble he had getting to El Paso for this visit. Plane/airport issues to start with, but once he got to The Don, with just a few minutes left in the game, security wouldn't let him in the game, then threatened to kick him off the premises when he got upset. Way to sell the campus to the family, security guy.

Listen to roughly 15:00-19:00...
https://cms.megaphone.fm/channel/lockedonraiders?selected=LKN6470457017

Man...the kid's dad (whose tweet that is) apparently hosts a Raiders podcast, and on his most recent one he talked about the trouble he had getting to El Paso for this visit. Plane/airport issues to start with, but once he got to The Don, with just a few minutes left in the game, security wouldn't let him in the game, then threatened to kick him off the premises when he got upset. Way to sell the campus to the family, security guy.

Somebody on CRT/AD staff messed up somewhere. I'm not so quick to throw in house security under the bus.

Reactions: jdubb66

That is strange given the tweet above where he is thanking CRT and UTEP for rolling out the red carpet.

Reactions: axingfools1
That is strange given the tweet above where he is thanking CRT and UTEP for rolling out the red carpet.

exactly what I was thinking or was that sarcasm

Now listening to that just seems he had a rough day... didn’t seem mad at coaches

Last edited:
Haven't had a chance to see him in person yet, but have talked to a few people who like his game. Late bloomer that had a really nice summer on the circuit.

Sounds like a guy who will need some time to develop.

Saw him play last year, Jay vs Brandeis. He is very athletic but he was the only good player on the team, so the opposing team focused on shutting him down and that was it. Lots of potential with him, my very quick assessment of him was a poor man's version of Caracter.

Reactions: Lil_Train
Jalen Green will announce his commitment on Xmas day. He has visited Oregon, Auburn and Memphis. FSU is recruiting hard. Kentucky visit was mutually cancelled. He hasn't narrowed his options and has been pretty quiet regarding any favorites.

Reactions: mikesarabia
Jalen Green will announce his commitment on Xmas day. He has visited Oregon, Auburn and Memphis. FSU is recruiting hard. Kentucky visit was mutually cancelled. He hasn't narrowed his options and has been pretty quiet regarding any favorites.

As of a couple days ago:

"After, Green said that he didn't have a set top five but conceded that the programs that he's seen on visits -- Auburn, Fresno State, Memphis, Oregon and USC -- were in his main pack"

https://sports.yahoo.com/thanksgiving-hoopfest-five-star-jalen-094404483.html

Reactions: axingfools1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT