ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Terry makes 1st UTEP offer / Basketball Recruiting

When Tydus signed it was with the impression that he wanted to be more of a stretch 4. It's obvious now that he has no outside game and will be playing center. With he and Efe in the mix for 3 years Eze would have been hard pressed for playing time. I think most of us loved his size and power and potential (just like Kelvin Jones), but good luck to him. Hopefully his potential doesnt come back to haunt us in the future.

"(August 16, 2019) - The Salt Lake Community College men's basketball team has signed another NCAA Division-I transfer.

Friday, SLCC coach Kyle Taylor announced the signing of Adam Hess, a guard who is transferring from Cal Baptist in the Western Athletic Conference. Hess previously played for the elite prep school of St. Thomas More, along with Westlake High School in Thousand Oaks, Calif. Hess will play as a redshirt freshman with Salt Lake.

Taylor said after months of recruiting, a player like Hess continually showcased his ability in scouting.

""We've spent the summer evaluating shooters from all over the world," he said. "We've received a ton of recommendations on players and after sifting through all of them we have decided that Adam Hess is the best fit and the best one for us at SLCC. I'm very excited to welcome Adam to the Bruin basketball family."

While having an excellent long-range shooting game, Taylor said Hess has an all-around game that will greatly benefit the Bruins and their lineups.

"Adam is a tremendous shooter from the three-point line but he is also more than just a shooter, which is what we wanted," he said. "He plays incredibly hard, competes on the defensive end, is capable of coming off a ball screen and making a good play, and has great character...."
https://slccbruins.com/news/2019/8/16/slcc-mens-basketball-signs-cal-baptist-transfer.aspx

Why does he keep trying to convert sg’s into pg? Or does he think we are set at pg? IMO or first offer should be to a true pg.
My guess is that this guy would not be brought in as a converted PG. Terry added McGriff early, and I would be shocked if he doesn't bring in another lead guard.

My guess is that this guy would not be brought in as a converted PG. Terry added McGriff early, and I would be shocked if he doesn't bring in another lead guard.
Basically he’s Edwards replacement. Seems like a nice pick up if we land him but I think he should be prioritizing pg and sf.

Basically he’s Edwards replacement. Seems like a nice pick up if we land him but I think he should be prioritizing pg and sf.
McGriff and Kennedy are already waiting. Terry will be lucky if either guy is ready to contribute big. I think we are in a bind at PG. Our best option right now is Boum. In order to bring in another experienced/proven PG either Lathon or Hawkins (or both need to leave).

I think Stroud is our SF of the future. He has way more potential than Archie at this point.

Terry will be desperate to bring in a shooter and will want to know who is leaving right away so he can fill that need ASAP.

Of course any future success will depend on Williams staying and being even better, a much better 3pt shooting% and somebody to improve the PG position.

Best candidates to look leave logistically are Lathon, Hawkins and Odigie. Pretty much one of the guards needs to go.

Vila has been a total dud and Archie a huge disappointment, but not much for them in regards to options. Not to be an d**k, but Vila needs to move on Archie needs to go another route. I think 3 guys total need to leave.

Last edited:
McGriff and Kennedy are already waiting. Terry will be lucky if either guy is ready to contribute big. I think we are in a bind at PG. Our best option right now is Boum. In order to bring in another experienced/proven PG either Lathon or Hawkins (or both need to leave).

I think Stroud is our SF of the future. He has way more potential than Archie at this point.

Terry will be desperate to bring in a shooter and will want to know who is leaving right away so he can fill that need ASAP.

Of course any future success will depend on Williams staying and being even better, a much better 3pt shooting% and somebody to improve the PG position.

Best candidates to look leave logistically are Lathon, Hawkins and Odigie. Pretty much one of the guards needs to go.

Vila has been a total dud and Archie a huge disappointment, but not much for them in regards to options. Not to be an d**k, but Vila needs to move on Archie needs to go the JC route. I think 3 guys total need to leave.
The $64k question remains...if we have the gunners will we also have the coaches to run something that works?

Reactions: axingfools1

Vila has been a total dud and Archie a huge disappointment, but not much for them in regards to options. Not to be an d**k, but Vila needs to move on Archie needs to go the JC route. I think 3 guys total need to leave.
Archie is a sophomore, so JC would be out of the question for him. My guess is that he would need to drop a division in order to play next year.

Billy comes back as an assistant, gets CRT a better job and then takes over? I'm in! Hoosiers all over again.

While at the time, the Billy G era was amazing. What we as fans didn't know is how out of control he was. He had Bobby Knight characteristics. I think there's a story of him at Texas A&M and he was mad at losing the hustle stats one game, so he threw all the balls at his players telling them to throw themselves at the floor.

Hopefully time has taught him some lessons and mellowed him too.

Reactions: Prospero915
While at the time, the Billy G era was amazing. What we as fans didn't know is how out of control he was. He had Bobby Knight characteristics. I think there's a story of him at Texas A&M and he was mad at losing the hustle stats one game, so he threw all the balls at his players telling them to throw themselves at the floor.

Shoot that happened to me as a freshman in high school.

Umm, that's not exactly a bad thing. Some coaches do have hustled drills in different forms.

I'll never forget at the time of his hiring when an Illinois fan came on here saying he was a fantastic assistant and great recruiter who helped Self rebuild the program. Off the court was another story. His drinking was mentioned and a female he had an eye for said he was stalking her, allegedly and never proven.

Shoot that happened to me as a freshman in high school.
What I meant was not a hard drill. Those are cool. Oklahoma Drill in football or Fumble Drill. I meant he had the balls and was throwing them at the players, hitting them like it was dodgeball. Again thats the story I think I read.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT