ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Terry makes 1st UTEP offer / Basketball Recruiting

Why does it matter? Yesterday we beat out a team that made the final four the year before last and you shitted on it.

Their 2018 NCAA tournament run has been their only appearance since 1985. Didn’t make the NIT until last year. But hey, they won the CBI in 2015. A true powerhouse!

I'd like to grab one of those active JC/transfer PFs as well. I'm wondering if Au is still in play at guard with these two new adds.
I think a PG 1st. I wonder if Terry has asked his freshmen recruits if the are OK redshirting (or told them to expect it).

That’s a lot more than we’ve done recently.

Yes, and it’s truly sad. Loyola plays in an old, dumpy arena and previously hadn’t done jack shit since the 60s until 2018. They don’t have a 12,000 seat arena or 7,000 fans at their games, but they still made the Final 4.

No one is. The funny part is shovel is itching for someone to say something positive so he can dump on them.

Bigwood dumped on this recruit too. But it’s okay if he does though right? There are more fans like Bigwood and I more than ever. We’re tired of losing, tired of excuses, tired of seeing teams like Loyola have success. So sorry if I’m not building a shrine for Senter, Dimel, and Terry

Bigwood dumped on this recruit too. But it’s okay if he does though right? There are more fans like Bigwood and I more than ever. We’re tired of losing, tired of excuses, tired of seeing teams like Loyola have success. So sorry if I’m not building a shrine for Senter, Dimel, and Terry

Instead of building a shrine you’re digging the pit of poison. Same thing but different sides of the coin. Both overreactions.

Or of even responding...

Yeah, you may be right. I do have a couple people I won’t respond to anymore. I certainly won’t go on long tail chasers like I’ve done a couple times fairly recently. It’s just in my nature to challenge thoughts, opinions and perspectives on occasion.

I don’t care, shit on the guy. This conversation between us started after I said we beat out a recent final four team. Why do you have to shit on that take? It’s just a fact I stated.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Yeah, you may be right. I do have a couple people I won’t respond to anymore. I certainly won’t go on long tail chasers like I’ve done a couple times fairly recently. It’s just in my nature to challenge thoughts, opinions and perspectives on occasion.

You should message board how you wanna message board.

I don’t care, shit on the guy. This conversation between us started after I said we beat out a recent final four team. Why do you have to shit on that take? It’s just a fact I stated.

Just makes it seem like we hit something big. I know that it’s probably not.

I think a PG 1st. I wonder if Terry has asked his freshmen recruits if the are OK redshirting (or told them to expect it).
Yep, if Agnew isn't able to get the waiver, Terry will have to bring in another point. More than likely, Terry will go Guard and Forward with the last two rides. On the freshmen, I think their redshirting depends on how they will look in the summer (or whenever they first get to EP). If they can contribute, they will play. I do believe Terry when he says that.

Reactions: axingfools1
Just makes it seem like we hit something big. I know that it’s probably not.
For us it could be. Those schools/coaches we beat out have had more success in the last 4-5 years than we’ve had in the last 25 years. I don’t see anything wrong with giving Terry credit for beating them for Agnew. We’re quick to shit on him for everything wrong he does.

Yep, if Agnew isn't able to get the waiver, Terry will have to bring in another point. More than likely, Terry will go Guard and Forward with the last two rides. On the freshmen, I think their redshirting depends on how they will look in the summer (or whenever they first get to EP). If they can contribute, they will play. I do believe Terry when he says that.
I think Terry MUST bring in a proven PG now. He can't afford to wait for a waiver and he certainly can't afford to waste another year with Williams. Plus Agnew is not a facilitator, he is a scorer.

I think Terry MUST bring in a proven PG now. He can't afford to wait for a waiver and he certainly can't afford to waste another year with Williams. Plus Agnew is not a facilitator, he is a scorer.
I really don’t want the waiver approved this year. We probably see Williams bolt.

You are right axing, we need to bring in an experienced point. I was hoping for a package deal of Hess and Hill out of SLCC, but Hill committed to Murray State. At this point, there are few top options available in the JC ranks, so I think a graduate transfer may be the way to go. I did see that Deandre Pickney out of Broward CC is still available; I think he would be an impact guy. Au is listed at #51.

https://www.jucorecruiting.com/2020-junior-college-basketball-player-rankings-top-100

The new JUCO shooter is a decent pickup, but if Terry doesn't sign Au, this team is gonna struggle again next year....

Au could be a huge difference maker....

The new JUCO shooter is a decent pickup, but if Terry doesn't sign Au, this team is gonna struggle again next year....

Au could be a huge difference maker....
I wouldn't mind Au and a PG. The one position where Terry has done well over the years is PF. I think if he wins big this year (big IF) then he can find a good PF to transfer in next year.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind Au and a PG. The one position were Terry has done well over the years is PF. I think if he wins big this year (big IF) then he can find a good PF to transfer in next year.
Hey fellow Miners; got some suggestions..... Put the jerks on " ignore" and concentrate on the real situation with our basketball program's future. We collectively share bad feelings about Terry's first two disappointing seasons. We collectively wonder how and why so many hopefuls have departed. We collectively wonder what lies ahead under his guidance. We don't need the perennial dimwits inserting their pointless dribble. Don't allow them their moments of glory.

As disgusted as I am with Terry, we have no choice but to wait it out and hope there's still a glimmer of hope on the horizon. The recent commits hold some promise and we'll just have to wait again like we have been over and over again to see if we ever see the magic again.

If he gets hot he can hit 3s. He had some nice performances in a couple of games. 6/12, 5/8, 5/7, 4/6.

He was inactive for 10 games in the middle of the season. I wonder what happened?

Down the stretch in the final 10 games he played in he shot 11/38 from 3.

Overall he gives me Villa vibes.

Reactions: Roy_Bigwood_05
If he gets hot he can hit 3s. He had some nice performances in a couple of games. 6/12, 5/8, 5/7, 4/6.

He was inactive for 10 games in the middle of the season. I wonder what happened?

I saw that as well; his numbers dipped as the season went along. If it is an either/or scenario, I was hoping we would pick up Au. I think Au's offensive game is more complete in that he is able to also attack the basket. To me, Hess is almost exclusively a spot up shooter based on his numbers. That may be the reason his numbers declined on a loaded SLCC team.

Reactions: JCorona

Villa vibes??? When in the hell this season did villa EVER shoot 6/12 5/8 or 5/7 ????
That’s over 50 percent .... you want villa vibes you should have said 1/10, 0/8, 1/7

Hey fellow Miners; got some suggestions..... Put the jerks on " ignore" and concentrate on the real situation with our basketball program's future. We collectively share bad feelings about Terry's first two disappointing seasons. We collectively wonder how and why so many hopefuls have departed. We collectively wonder what lies ahead under his guidance. We don't need the perennial dimwits inserting their pointless dribble. Don't allow them their moments of glory.

As disgusted as I am with Terry, we have no choice but to wait it out and hope there's still a glimmer of hope on the horizon. The recent commits hold some promise and we'll just have to wait again like we have been over and over again to see if we ever see the magic again.
Agree with miner1liner! Ignore them! I do!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT