ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Terry makes 1st UTEP offer / Basketball Recruiting

I saw we were in the top 3 for him. Does anyone who our competitors are?

Someone explain that knows about recruiting.But why does Terry needs to rerecruit isaac? What does Isaac need to be sold on? Its obivious that when he commited to Fresno State that he did it because of Terry and current coaching staff and not cause of Fresno State. How does Terry approach Isaac now? The same way he did before ?

Someone explain that knows about recruiting.But why does Terry needs to rerecruit isaac? What does Isaac need to be sold on? Its obivious that when he commited to Fresno State that he did it because of Terry and current coaching staff and not cause of Fresno State. How does Terry approach Isaac now? The same way he did before ?
Terry got him early. After his SR year now all the Majors have offered him Baylor, Texas A&M, Tech, etc...

Terry got him early. After his SR year now all the Majors have offered him Baylor, Texas A&M, Tech, etc...
Do you have a link for that? I’m very interested to see what other universities are after him.

Too bad he has under 5k Twitter followers. Somebody on this board is not going to be impressed by his inside info cuz he’s not popular enough.

Thank you. According to 247 the only schools that offered him last recruiting cycle were Fresno St, Cal Poly, and Central Michigan.

Hopefully Isaac remembers who was the first coach to offer him to a respectable program.
Negative!!! This is old out dated and inaccurate and I'm disappointed in 247! I saw that also. He has been offered by SMU and TT for sure and interest or offers by Purdue and A&M at least. I jave heard there's a great chance we get him, but Yes he has received late offers from Majors. Please read Lol Trains link Corona.

Last edited:
If a kid is serious about raising his game, making his mark and getting a degree ... he could do a lot worse than UTEP, the only alma mater I will ever have. The only alma mater the new kid would ever NEED.

If a kid is serious about raising his game, making his mark and getting a degree ... he could do a lot worse than UTEP, the only alma mater I will ever have. The only alma mater the new kid would ever NEED.

He could also do a lot better. Great post!

If these guys actually sign, and show up, who will provide a pronunciation guide?

Dunno if they are big-time D-1 players yet, but say this already: These prospects have some serious alphabet going.

TT tough to beat on the recruiting trail right now. Lubbock fellas got something cooking.

Again, Coach Terry need not sign the best players, so long as he signs the RIGHT players.

I saw that is was down to us vs them for the services of Issac.
Think that "report" is reliable? You know this social media thang better than I. So-called "information" is only as reliable as the provider, the source.

Think that "report" is reliable? You know this social media thang better than I. So-called "information" is only as reliable as the provider, the source.
Yea I’m not so sure about it. That’s why I was reluctant to post the link. I’m looking for the tweet right now and I’ll let you be the judge of its credibility.

Ok found it. Here it is.

Reactions: HeWore62
TT is solid at the 1 and 2 guard position. They need help at the Small Forward position although they do have a verbal from Khavon Moore at that spot.

This Likekele fellow is variously listed online at anywhere from 6-3, 170 to 6-4, 205. What is fact?

We see just one example of why I place minimal credibility in so-called "published reports."

This Likekele fellow is variously listed online at anywhere from 6-3, 170 to 6-4, 205. What is fact?

We see just one example of why I place minimal credibility in so-called "published reports."

Difficult to be certain but his 6’3”, 170 pound profile is from 247. His profile with that service goes all the way back to at least September of 2016, when he was offered by Cal-Poly. Nearly two years later, I’d bet rivals listing of 6’5”, 195 is closer to where he is now. Hard to judge height on video, but he looks all of 200 lbs, at least.

Reactions: axingfools1
True, and Beard will be gone soon IMO.
I'm trying my best to be patient with this recruiting process, but I hope we don't end up with Odigie, Thomas, Osborne and ten point guards.
True, and Beard will be gone soon IMO.

Appears he's going for a guard oriented quick running team.
5-10, 6-3, 6-5, 6-7/8, 6-9 type of line up. If the right coach and player combination works then that kond of line up has worked for twams like Villanova. Not comparing our talent to theirs, just using an example.

Appears he's going for a guard oriented quick running team.
5-10, 6-3, 6-5, 6-7/8, 6-9 type of line up. If the right coach and player combination works then that kond of line up has worked for twams like Villanova. Not comparing our talent to theirs, just using an example.
Perfect example of unselfish, competitive kids fitting into a system they believe in. Having quality bigs is a luxury not many schools have these days. Texas Tech, for one, got a lot of mileage last year out of athletic guys listed at 6-6 who are probably 6-4 or 6-5. You need not look far back into UTEP buckets history to find demonically competitive teams manned by mid-sized leapers and defenders. Fun teams to watch.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT