ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Terry makes 1st UTEP offer / Basketball Recruiting

I'm hoping for both Likekele and Alvarez. However Alvarez on film is the most impressive from a straight PG point of view and making the team better like Fili did.

I'm hoping for both Likekele and Alvarez. However Alvarez on film is the most impressive from a straight PG point of view and making the team better like Fili did.
Most exciting to me as a long-time Miners fan is this giant, clean canvas. Disappointing as last couple seasons have been, to all of us, we have a coach and assistants who did not just wander in off the streets. They have portfolio, and they WANT to be at UTEP.

Attitude is everything. No need for these new recruits and their coaches to go looking for a promising future -- it's all right in front of them.

I think he was CTF recruit. The dunks are nice but mostly occur in pickup games with no defense. Martinez looks way better IMO. Good luck to him.

You will not go wrong with a St. John Bosco recruit, period. Nothing is guaranteed in life except death and taxes but it's worth the risk.

You will not go wrong with a St. John Bosco recruit, period. Nothing is guaranteed in life except death and taxes but it's worth the risk.
If he comes he will be the second player that I know of that we signed out of St John's Bosco. Gio St Amant was from there as well.

Reactions: miner1liner
Terry is not even recruiting this guy as far as we know. He was recruited by the previous staff..

If he comes he will be the second player that I know of that we signed out of St John's Bosco. Gio St Amant was from there as well.

I think that 2Step was trying to make a sarcastic reference to Isaac Hamilton when he said "you will not go wrong with a St. John Bosco recruit", because Isaac Hamilton was also from St. John's Bosco.

This kid is 6'9" and can handle the ball and shoot. He looks like a real matchup problem at SF. I think he is still growing too.

Amybody think Terry is gonna go after a big center like a 6'11 rim protector who can rebound (if there are any left)?

Agree. I’m more hopeful that we get this kid than anyone else. I like his game...at least what I can see of it.

Good eye, JCorona. I don't do Twitter, so I would have missed this one.

Per previous, RT is putting ripples on the pond. Can't get enough of this fresh energy.

This kid is 6'9" and can handle the ball and shoot. He looks like a real matchup problem at SF. I think he is still growing too.

Amybody think Terry is gonna go after a big center like a 6'11 rim protector who can rebound (if there are any left)?
Hope we see you in the Miner Orange and Blue in October. Looks to me like you are ready to crash the boards.

Reactions: HeWore62
Hope we see you in the Miner Orange and Blue in October. Looks to me like you are ready to crash the boards.
All these top prospects have other offers, and could certainly sign with another school, but they will never go any place where fans are (a.) more knowledgeable, (b.) more appreciative of defense and rebounding, (c.) more patient with defeat and, most important of all (d.) hungry.

Hungry for a string of Ws. Feed the beast!

By the way I'm done with Verbal Commits. They Suck. They dont even show Nigel or Isaac being recruited by Utep and still have Isaac committed to Fresno and dont even show Texas Tech or Ok St. Lol They're a joke!
I have emailed then numerous times before, but now they are just too far behind. Plus their grading system makes no sense.

Im still trying to find the site that has Isaac at 4 stars. Or is it just Utep again hyping up a player? Like they did with that 5 star punter?

Im still trying to find the site that has Isaac at 4 stars. Or is it just Utep again hyping up a player? Like they did with that 5 star punter?
I think for the most part he's a highly rated 3 star. Hes definitely listed as top 150. Obviously the Big 12 interest proves that.

92 rating on 247 (4 stars by their standards and top 300) and a 3 star on Rivals (top 150).

He is not rated by ESPN or scout and verbal commits hasn't updated...as usual

Reactions: MineroFanatico
So basically its just pix exel just making up their own rating?
Well they all do...There definitely needs to be a better more unified system. Just too many players and not enough staff.

If he is being offered by multiple big 12 schools then there is a high chance that he is a good player. I deduced that all on my own.

Well they all do...There definitely needs to be a better more unified system. Just too many players and not enough staff.

If he is being offered by multiple big 12 schools then there is a high chance that he is a good player. I deduced that all on my own.

Lemony squeeze of humor. I like it.

I trust 247 ratings over ESPN and Rivals ratings. 247 always seems to have a more thorough scope of prospects
I trust them 3 but its uteps twitter handle or whoever is running it saying that he is a 4 star player. Thats who im asking? Where did they see that he is rated 4 stars?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT