ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Terry makes 1st UTEP offer / Basketball Recruiting

Terry doesn't know what he is doing--- floyd would have done much better than this.... come on now-- you all are gonna regret Floyd leaving!

And this new recruit that we got is not any good so don't know why everyone is sooo excited... hope you all like last place...!

This year will be a learning experience, but could be a .500 depending how the Freshman develop and if Paul Thomas actually plays to his ability. The following year will be Amazing if all these players stay!

Reactions: kickballpro
Terry doesn't know what he is doing--- floyd would have done much better than this.... come on now-- you all are gonna regret Floyd leaving!
Your trolling game sucks. It’s too obvious. Take some notes from our grand master trolls and try again.

Reactions: HeWore62
Tarke is listed at 6'6" and Stroud is listed at 6'5". I believe they are standing next to each other. Hmmm?

Stroud looks like a big time baller. Time to see some highlight reel dunks in the games again.

Efe looks like a new age left tackle. They put him off to the side so he doesn't block out the sun.

I have a feeling that PT will break out this year (under Terry) and finish his career strong.

By the time 2019 rolls around our PG will be all-conference and we should have a LOT of firepower (offense and defense). Don't forget we have at least 2 more high quality scholarships to hand out between now and then.

Last edited:
I guess i was wrong about the mystery player. He is not a big. Looks like a walk on.

Looks like a very bright future for Miner basketball. WELCOME ABOARD
BRYSON. You made the right choice.
Let see now, someone earlier this morning was saying UTEP season ticket holders are old (which they are) in another thread. 2019-2020 they have the potential to be the hottest ticket in town not seen since the BG days.

It seems like God answered my prayers.
The future looks bright for Men's Basketball.
Coach Terry has done a great job.
Saying that I do think that UTEP Men's
basketball will be a hot item ticket. Don't
wait till 2019 2020 season. Get out there
and let the future recruits know that we will
support them and create a great atmosphere
for them.

GO Miners...

Let see now, someone earlier this morning was saying UTEP season ticket holders are old (which they are) in another thread. 2019-2020 they have the potential to be the hottest ticket in town not seen since the BG days.
I will look into getting season tickets again. I've already spoken to a person on the commitee and to a guy that works we me and ushers on the side. My concern is 1) enforcing assigned seating and 2) allowing season tickets holders who actually show up to get better seats (via a waiting list or offering an exchange system with corporate seats). If UTEP wants a new generation of season ticket holders, they need to address these issues. If the miners blow up then it will have to be done anyway. Why not establish a standard?

Reactions: mikesarabia
I know nothing other than what I posted. Maybe someone with inside knowledge can answer your question.
I'd love to know how and why Colin Deaver from from College Station is privy to to this kind of scoop ahead of anyone in El Paso or affiliated with UTEP .

I'd love to know how and why Colin Deaver from from College Station is privy to to this kind of scoop ahead of anyone in El Paso or affiliated with UTEP .

Because he’s a reporter for KTSM (NBC 9in El Paso-moved from Aggie land if I remember) as stated on his twitter page and on their website. Hope that helped ease your righteous indignation

Reactions: UTEPfan1966
Alright then. That's great. Thanks for the info. I feel much better now.

Because he’s a reporter for KTSM (NBC 9in El Paso-moved from Aggie land if I remember) as stated on his twitter page and on their website. Hope that helped ease your righteous indignation

Maybe he is a spy from aggie land? If he sees a coach doing well at Utep he will let his alumni know.

Reactions: miner1liner
So does this mean that he is done with this year's class? I'm sure he would take a grad transfer if one falls on his lap late in the summer
IMO he would 100% if it were a 1 year big man or scoring guard. Let's see if somebody asks tomorrow.

This should be exciting. I'm interested in hearing Terry's rendition of each player and his expection of each individual. Also, maybe some insight on how he plans to run our limited team and freshman this season. It will be breath of fresh air to hear from an excited HEAD coach that doesn't start with excuses.

Very good Axe. I too am extremely excited to hear his input on who he has, how he intends to play them and what he anticipates for the season. Hopefully all the appropriate questions are asked and answered. I am curious about his plan for Eze and Efe. Will one back up the other and will he consider playing them together in certain situations. He has a collection of small forward/shooting guards to play with so that's gonna be fun. Tired old thing to say but I can hardly wait to get this thing going.

Reactions: axingfools1
I'm hoping Terry clears up Deon Stroud's status for this coming year. If he is indeed a Prop 48 guy, as many of us have speculated, then we are even more thin at the 2G/SF spot. Also hoping for a surprise grad transfer or two.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT