ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting

Looks just grand on tape, and lots of people want the Hankins kid. His commitment could create a waterfall of me-too.

But color me wary. Between now and Dec. 19, this commitment must be re-recruited time after time. {Question for the panel: Is re-recruit a word?}

It may not be in the Oxford dictionary but at this point, who cares lol

CRT has said that the recruiting never stops, even when their on campus. I believe the football staff also knows this. I’m sure they’ll keep tabs on him all the way to Dec.

Reactions: HeWore62
This kid just transferred to chapin from North Carolina for his senior year. So i doubt the scouts that came to see his teammates have even seen him play. So to say those same scouts didnt think he is worth an offer is a unfair and incorrect assessment of him as a player.
My mistake. Do you know what High School he played at in North Carolina?

Next year will be very interesting. Wadley has shown flashes, but his health has been an issue. Fields should be way better. That should give us three really good backs next year.

I believe its says in his hudl profile: 2017: Played junior season at Cary (N.C.) Panther Creek.
Then he played alongside Larenza Surgers a Vanderbilt commit. He had some scouts check him out over there. Since Lavea is still uncommitted more scouts will be stopping by to check him out. He’s had some opportunities to shine and will receive more. We’ll have to wait and see if other schools offer.

Many people at work talking about Hankins and UTEP football. Damn we might be turning the ship around. Keep up the work UTEP coaches.

Reactions: UTEPDefense
Judging by Hankins message I think his recruiting process is over. He's coming to UTEP

Thats how you lose recruits thinking its over. Utep coaches need to still be on him until he signs LOI.

I agree. You can’t rest on your laurels now. Stay on that kid till he puts pen to paper. If he has another great year you have to think schools bigger than Arkansas will see him as easy pickings. This is an experienced staff so I can’t imagine they will try their best.

Reactions: minerfan_14
We were lucky if we got two 3 star commits under Kugler/Price/Nord etc. Now we have two 3 star commits and it’s still early August. This staff is kicking some major ass.
I get what you’re saying. Price did have some good recruiting classes on paper. During a two year span of 05-06 Price recruited at least fifteen 3 Star players. In 05 we had the #2 class in CUSA and 71 in the nation. In 06 #3 in CUSA and 69 overall. In 2010 he signed twelve 3 star recruits. Good for 5th in CUSA and 85 nationally. That was the last top 100 class we’ve had.

We are off to a good start and it’s still early but we have a long ways to go. As of now we are ranked 11th in conference and 114th in the nation.

I get what you’re saying. Price did have some good recruiting classes on paper. During a two year span of 05-06 Price recruited at least fifteen 3 Star players. In 05 we had the #2 class in CUSA and 71 in the nation. In 06 #3 in CUSA and 69 overall. In 2010 he signed twelve 3 star recruits. Good for 5th in CUSA and 85 nationally. That was the last top 100 class we’ve had.

We are off to a good start and it’s still early but we have a long ways to go. As of now we are ranked 11th in conference and 114th in the nation.

There is still tons of work. I do remember Price’s first couple of classes were really good, with Brandis Dew, etc. At least this class should not be ranked dead last in C-USA. Compared to what Kugler did last year, now granted I’m sure he saw the writing on the wall and he didn’t give a crap about recruiting by the second or third week. But they’re off to an excellent start.

Like JCorona said, he’s Nigel Hawkins buddy. I’m sure it’ll be tough but let see if we can hold on to him through the early signing period
Maybe he will stay a strong commit. He's has friends already in the program other than Hawkins:

"TJ Goodwin has never set foot on the campus at UTEP, but the promise of a bright future there was too much for him to ignore.

On Thusday afternoon, the three-star Cypress Falls quarterback committed to the Miners with designs of being the face of the program under new head coach Dana Dimel. The staff made it clear to him that he and fellow recent commit, three-star El Paso running back Deion Hankins are expected to lead in a new era for the program.

“The only school that made me feel like I was needed instead of just being a valuable asset was UTEP,” he said. “Having the opportunity to play somewhere and have my school paid for is always great, and going into the season committed to a team is big - Just knowing that after high school I’m going to have someplace to play.”

Goodwin has had a busy summer completing summer school courses in an effort to be able to graduate and enroll early. He’ll take his official visit to UTEP on September 22 weekend when the Miners host New Mexico State, but said that he’s already received some pretty valuable perspective from former teammates Trent Thompson and Jonathan Patrick - who are now both current Miners....."
[Rivals.com]

https://n.rivals.com/news/utep-lands-big-commitment-from-3-star-qb-tj-goodwin

Maybe he will stay a strong commit. He's has friends already in the program other than Hawkins:

"TJ Goodwin has never set foot on the campus at UTEP, but the promise of a bright future there was too much for him to ignore.

On Thusday afternoon, the three-star Cypress Falls quarterback committed to the Miners with designs of being the face of the program under new head coach Dana Dimel. The staff made it clear to him that he and fellow recent commit, three-star El Paso running back Deion Hankins are expected to lead in a new era for the program.

“The only school that made me feel like I was needed instead of just being a valuable asset was UTEP,” he said. “Having the opportunity to play somewhere and have my school paid for is always great, and going into the season committed to a team is big - Just knowing that after high school I’m going to have someplace to play.”

Goodwin has had a busy summer completing summer school courses in an effort to be able to graduate and enroll early. He’ll take his official visit to UTEP on September 22 weekend when the Miners host New Mexico State, but said that he’s already received some pretty valuable perspective from former teammates Trent Thompson and Jonathan Patrick - who are now both current Miners....."
[Rivals.com]

https://n.rivals.com/news/utep-lands-big-commitment-from-3-star-qb-tj-goodwin

Thanks, I also read that and posted it somewhere

Sucks to see him go but he wasn’t even on scholarship. But there are a ton of QBs on the roster.

Sucks to see him go but he wasn’t even on scholarship. But there are a ton of QBs on the roster.
If it's true that he is gone it's a little surprising and disappointing. He was on twitter showing excitement about coming to UTEP and pumping up his future teammates. Maybe the way the new QB commit from Houston was touted had an affect since he stated that UTEP coaches told him that he would be the face of the program going forward. Or maybe Brayden was in EP long enough this summer to see that he wasn't going to be at the top of the QB heap anytime soon.

Reactions: UTEPMiners8106
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT