ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting

We apparently offered 3 secondary guys from Fort Scott CC. Fort Scott CC only won 2 games this year and gave up almost 350 yards per game, for whatever that’s worth.

Fort Scott started 3-1 and had to forfeit all 3 wins. Kinda ruined their season. But they were pretty good.

I think Williams might be a solid addition. He is definitely in a position where we really need help. He played LB in high school and then DE in JC. He has also been reported in the past as having good speed(4.6 - 40) and that appears to be possible based on his film.

He had some minor offers coming out of High School, including 1 offer from Middle Tennessee. He has already used his redshirt, so he will be a 4th year Junior and hopefully has the maturity to help immediately. In JC, he averaged almost 5 tackles per game, which is pretty decent from a DE and it looks like he played heavily in every game. His HUDL is somewhat odd, because he is unblocked on almost half of the plays, so he simply collapses down. That being said, he does play the read option well on a few of his highlights and he has some good effort plays as well. As mentioned before, he is a converted LB coming from playing on a 4 DL in JC; so are we going to now force him into a 3 DL?, because if so, then the question will be is he big enough to make an impact? Obviously, I like him much better as a 4 DL End, as opposed to a 3 DL End.

Last edited:
Are any of these players any good? Or is it just a bunch of scraps??

I don’t want to be a Debbie Downer but I don’t expect to find out much about these players till the season starts. I don’t think the Jucos we brought in last year had a good first year so it’s probably better to judge them in a year.

Ha no he wont. 6Ft is too short to play on the dline. Dl line needs to be 6'3 and higher.

Unless hes the next Aaron Donald. Which if he isnt, some troll will quote this post and make me look like an idiot 5 years from now.

Seriously, the Juco recruits seem to have the right measurements. But this high school kid is smallish. He will redshirt, get stronger, and we will see I guess. Maybe he has a high motor?

Offering a new JC TE only 1 week before signing day, could possibly be interpreted that things haven't gone well with our previous TE recruiting targets.

A JC TE has been listed by both Dimel and Nealy as being one of our top needs. Not having one committed yet, just 7 days before signing day, is probably not the most optimal situation.

Okay tbis guy is a 6Ft Dt. Isnt that too short for a DT?? What is this coaching staff doing??

Logoleo is listed as 6’0” and when I saw him on the field the lack of height was noticeable. Maybe they’re thinking they’ll take a flyer on smaller players with more talent who are passed over because of size concerns as opposed to recruiting big doofuses. But at the same time can you run with 3 down linemen when size is obviously a concern?

Russell Maryland was only 6'.

tenor.gif

Did you just compare UTEP D-Linemen to Russell Maryland?

Reactions: minerfan_14
Unless hes the next Aaron Donald. Which if he isnt, some troll will quote this post and make me look like an idiot 5 years from now.

Seriously, the Juco recruits seem to have the right measurements. But this high school kid is smallish. He will redshirt, get stronger, and we will see I guess. Maybe he has a high motor?

From looking at his hudl video he is a high motor guy with good athleticism. He is rated a 3 star on UTEP's commitment list

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT