ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting

For historical background purposes, Fred Rouse & Lorne Sam were Florida State transfers. Sam was a flat out baller and gave 110% every snap. Rouse had trouble getting along with players and alleged rumors grew he was disruptive to the team. He flashed those 5 star moves but also had turnovers in games that hurt UTEP in games. He transferred out. Mike Price had an assistant on his staff with FSU ties.

“"We tried to make it work, and Fred tried hard to make it work," Price said. "It's unfortunate that he's not going to play for the Miners next year, but we wish him the best."”-https://www.mrt.com/news/article/Wide-receiver-Fred-Rouse-former-top-recruit-7513745.php

Dillion Williams is a former 3 star safety from UNT. Building up that secondary. Trace Meadows and Dorian Hopkins at LB.
And the guy from FSU at LB.

I really wonder if Walden is against or for playing freshmen. Obviously they'll need to compete but it'll be tough to keep some of these guys off the field. Like Collins or Williams. Meadows and Emory look solid too.

Reactions: MinerManiac
And the guy from FSU at LB.

I really wonder if Walden is against or for playing freshmen. Obviously they'll need to compete but it'll be tough to keep some of these guys off the field. Like Collins or Williams. Meadows and Emory look solid too.
According to an interview I heard, he will play freshmen if they are good enough. We will see though. I think Dimel dropped the ball in getting young guys experience throughout his tenure. Playing a kid 4 games keeps his redshirt intact but Dimel didn't take advantage. I hope Walden does.

From UNT site:

“ Rated as a three-star prospect by the 247Sports Composite, as the 66th ranked safety prospect in the country, a top-120 prospect in the state of Texas (regardless of position), and ranks 848th among all 2021 prospects (regardless of position) ... Registered 28 tackles (22 solo), three tackles for loss and six interceptions as a senior at Nacogdoches High School ... Earned First Team All-District 9-5A honors (Division II) as a senior in 2020, and as a junior in 2019 ... Also lettered in Baseball and Track and Field ... Member of the Nacogdoches High School”

963dbf83410067b8216bf3fbeec50874.gif

I still remember the days when Paul Smith was playing RB at UTEP. They had some talented players (Brian Young, Menson Halloway, Leif Larson) in that era, and I hope that Shay has similar, if not better success than his dad.

I still remember the days when Paul Smith was playing RB at UTEP. They had some talented players (Brian Young, Menson Halloway, Leif Larson) in that era, and I hope that Shay has similar, if not better success than his dad.
It looks like he’s got some good genes. All those guys ended up playing in the NFL.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lil_Train
The man had biceps bigger than watermelons during his early NFL days.

Reactions: PicksForPaydirt
Shay is my dark horse to win the starting QB job. The QB battle will be interesting. Scotty has pretty much brought in a transfer for each position. If Scotty doesn't bring in a experience QB transfer, I like Shay to win the starting job.

Reactions: PicksForPaydirt
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT