ADVERTISEMENT

Football vacancy

Is it safe to say that UTEP’s next HC still has games left on the schedule?

That’s the only logical explanation as to why Senter hasn’t moved. Doesn’t make sense to do that as other schools don’t give 2 you know what and hire ASAP but UTEP always does things in slow mode.
Sunday, let's go boys! step aside power point, hello Mr. Excel!

Is it safe to say that UTEP’s next HC still has games left on the schedule?

That’s the only logical explanation as to why Senter hasn’t moved. Doesn’t make sense to do that as other schools don’t give 2 you know what and hire ASAP but UTEP always does things in slow mode.
You're assuming Senter has a plan.

So anybody with inside knowledge want to confirm it’s either Eck (FCS playoffs), or Marion (MWC Championship), both have games this weekend, who are our finalists?

I don’t get much juicy UTEP intel to share anymore but I got two random nuggets dropped on me so thought I’d share. Don’t ask follow ups because it’s all I got and wanted to see if anyone is hearing similarities.

Scotty Walden is your leader in the club house and is Senter’s choice. Eric Price is interested and is the Booster’s choice. Hopefully those in the know can confirm this here if it’s real.

Again, just unsolicited rumors and rumbles things change quick in coaching changes but that is the flavor of today.

I don’t get much juicy UTEP intel to share anymore but I got two random nuggets dropped on me so thought I’d share. Don’t ask follow ups because it’s all I got and wanted to see if anyone is hearing similarities.

Scotty Walden is your leader in the club house and is Senter’s choice. Eric Price is interested and is the Booster’s choice. Hopefully those in the know can confirm this here if it’s real.

Again, just unsolicited rumors and rumbles things change quick in coaching changes but that is the flavor of today.
Walden is also in play for MTSU. Forgot to add that.

Reactions: picks up

I remember the boosters supposedly wanted Doc Sadler back in the day. I don’t know how true it was but they love their retreads apparently

Reactions: develman

While I am thankful for the money the boosters bring into the program, they seem to make the dumbest decisions regarding hirings. They seem to care more about maintaining influence than actually getting a coach who could change our university.

Thanks Roy. I’m good with either. Eric had UTEP’s offense firing on all cylinders when he was the OC.

Scotty Walden was in my top 3. All good.

Time to open up the wallet fellow UTEPIANs!

Reactions: nattybry
If UTEP somehow messes it up with Marion, they will regret it.... He's a rising star in the making. He won't stay long, and that's fine. Senter and UTEP in general need to move away from the "good ol boy" mentality. While Price wouldn't be a bad choice, and Walden is young. Marion is clearly the better option. This time around, Senter does it right and goes with Go-Go! Did any of y'all see Seattle last night, using his offense scheme? That's gotta count for some points....

If UTEP somehow messes it up with Marion, they will regret it.... He's a rising star in the making. He won't stay long, and that's fine. Senter and UTEP in general need to move away from the "good ol boy" mentality. While Price wouldn't be a bad choice, and Walden is young. Marion is clearly the better option. This time around, Senter does it right and goes with Go-Go! Did any of y'all see Seattle last night, using his offense scheme? That's gotta count for some points....

Getting rid of the "god ol' boy" network with boosters is easier said than done. That network is why they are boosters. Senter probably has no idea about the Seattle offense, unfortunately.

Reactions: FedupMiner
Was at the game and was very surprised how they for the most part neutralized an aggressive Dallas defense. I didn't realize they were using the same scheme same scheme that UNLV used though, interesting 🤔.

Reactions: shyminer81
Was at the game and was very surprised how they for the most part neutralized an aggressive Dallas defense. I didn't realize they were using the same scheme same scheme that UNLV used though, interesting 🤔.
Thanks for the invite! lol... I almost went, then got lazy and then the fog came....... Glad they pulled it out. I'm sure Senter was in Dallas to see the "scheme" lol

Reactions: nattybry
Yeah but will he add animations to his power point presentation?

So to my understanding and based on the dick riding of Marion, he and only he can run this Go-Go? Why is Seattle running it based on these posts? What happened to Copy-Cat league?

For one reason or another he’s been passed on by other schools.

Reactions: EPUTEP
Thanks for the invite! lol... I almost went, then got lazy and then the fog came....... Glad they pulled it out. I'm sure Senter was in Dallas to see the "scheme" lol
I was hoping to see him and get some inside info, but I'm sure if he was he was in one of the suites lol Great Game!

A guy like Grimes doesn't "interview" for jobs and I don't blame him. Scotty Walden and Kenny Perry are done for the year. Both Price and Marion play for conference championships tomorrow. And I really have nothing else to do but watch football and drink.
Happy Hour Drinking GIF

• Wow
Reactions: TxRdKiller
If its between Walden and Marion, the 2 styles are pretty different.

Although both teams get up to the line and run a play super fast, Walden is more in line with Tennessee or Houston Baptist. He wants to line up wr far apart and then run zone or slants. They really stretch a defense and play fast. Very Similar to Baylor when they had some great players. The best part about this offense is you don't need an exceptional QB. Because the QB doesn't read the Defense. The Call will be to 1 WR. For Example, he will say 40. The 4th WR will now run the option route based on the Defense and the QB will throw it to him.

Marion runs a version of the Triple Option and you do need an Athlete at QB who is Dual Threat. But they put so much stress on a Defense because their offense is often leaving DE or DT unblocked and running option or Midline. They also have a ton of unbalanced sets and ineligible wr. The UNLV offense often has the opponents Defense misaligned. If you were at the UTEP game, The Miners once put a Corner and a Safety over a Tackle in coverage.

I haven't watched any of Texas Tech and have no idea what Price would run. But Price ran the old version of the Spread while he was here. Where they utilized route combos and reading a defense over the new Spread where splits are wider and wr run Choice routes and you read 1 player.

A guy like Grimes doesn't "interview" for jobs and I don't blame him. Scotty Walden and Kenny Perry are done for the year. Both Price and Marion play for conference championships tomorrow. And I really have nothing else to do but watch football and drink.
Happy Hour Drinking GIF
Price ain't doing crap rn lol 😅

Appears not. He can't be a serious candidate then if he was ever one at all. Jeebus, I hope Walden isn't either.
Walden is an not a bad choice actually. Great young coach who will be an FBS HC sooner than later. Was the interim at S. Miss and has done Amazing at Austin Peay and has Texas ties! Do you have any info to base you not wanting him or you're just not familiar with the name? Price is wrong, Bit*# lol Happy Gilmore

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT