ADVERTISEMENT

If we don't have a football season

If UT cancels the UTEP game, they wouldn’t be finding another team to replace them. Tech might since they have to come here, but they have a balanced 5h/5a schedule at the moment.
Ok, if the Big 12 decides to play a conference schedule plus 1 of their non-conference games instead of all 3, and this has been rumored, and Texas keeps the LSU game and drops USF and UTEP from the schedule, I think USF and UTEP should get the cancellation fee. Since UTEP has multiple future games at Texas, I can see UTEP asking for another home game vs Texas down the road in lieu of the cancellation fee. I'd be fine with that. Also, I don't think UTEP would demand the cancellation fee since they need to keep that relationship on good terms, but I would expect Texas to offer it.

MLB is already having to postpone games after only 4 days. I just can't see how football is going to work.

You’re probably right Axing, as much as I hate to say it. And especially in the fall as flu season gets underway. Hope I’m wrong!

Yes, I agree, play conference maybe 1 extra game. As it is now why would a potential 1st round pick risk it this year with a possibility of getting sick?

With that being said do you think there will be any players who will prefer to sit out the season and train instead of playing in some shortened season that at the moment seems up in the air and they risk getting sick?

With that being said do you think there will be any players who will prefer to sit out the season and train instead of playing in some shortened season that at the moment seems up in the air and they risk getting sick?

Only top NFL prospects. I dont think many decide not to play unless the season is moved to the spring. If there was spring season I think most of the top prospects would sit. I think most of the players projected to go in first three rounds would sit.

Reactions: UTEPMiners8106
Pro sports can continue to function as they are. However, lots of fans being allowed into arenas/stadiums ain’t happening.

Can it? Basketball/boxing/MMA seem to be working well since everyone is one one site, and they’re testing everyone but even then some boxers and MMA guys have tested positive. Baseball teams and NFL teams are so big and the fact that they’re traveling and living and interacting with family and probably the public makes it seem like they’re going to be more prone to players testing positive.

Can it? Basketball/boxing/MMA seem to be working well since everyone is one one site, and they’re testing everyone but even then some boxers and MMA guys have tested positive. Baseball teams and NFL teams are so big and the fact that they’re traveling and living and interacting with family and probably the public makes it seem like they’re going to be more prone to players testing positive.

Baseball screwed up. I believe the NFL will play some games. There’s no way they don’t. Their playing careers are too short compared to the others, no way they kill the season.

Has anyone started receiving annoying calls from UTEP yet? Yesterday they called me asking for money and the goal is to grow our contributions every year. I told them there's no money until football starts winning games. And to make sure to pass the message to Senter.

Has anyone started receiving annoying calls from UTEP yet? Yesterday they called me asking for money and the goal is to grow our contributions every year. I told them there's no money until football starts winning games. And to make sure to pass the message to Senter.
They are giving me an email count down to buy season basketball tickets. 2 days left. Mr. Thrash sent me a generic email on Monday saying the season is going forward as planned. The whole dept just seems so distant on the subject. I share the same sentiment as you Corona, but I have also heard no plea from the athletic dept for help. All they say is that there will be a full refund if there is no season.

I'm going to wait and see what happens. I may just end up with better seats down the road or I may just stop donating all together.

They didn't offer me to renew or buy my usual 2 GA season tickets. His pitch was basically ”we see you donated $130 last year can you do $150 this year?” I was a bit annoyed. No, I don't want to help bail out your shitty hires. I had a lot more I wanted to say but the rep was so nice and he didn't deserve an earful from me.

They didn't offer me to renew or buy my usual 2 GA season tickets. His pitch was basically ”we see you donated $130 last year can you do $150 this year?” I was a bit annoyed. No, I don't want to help bail out your shitty hires. I had a lot more I wanted to say but the rep was so nice and he didn't deserve an earful from me.

Nice show of restraint, corona! “Make sure you pass the message along to Senter” was a nice touch.

Nice show of restraint, corona! “Make sure you pass the message along to Senter” was a nice touch.
If they didn't pretend everything is on track to success I might have some pity on Senter. He's delusional, and needs to know why fans aren't buying tickets and donating money. A simple statement acknowledging the awful status of our program would be a start. We're in a middle of a pandemic. Money is tight everywhere. I'm not gonna give him money to fuel his fireplace.

Lobo football mulls schedule change, may open at New Mexico State
  • By: Steve Virgen / Journal Asst. Sports Editor
  • 2 hours ago
The University of New Mexico football team is finalizing a change in its schedule, moving its Aug. 29 home game against Idaho State to Sept. 19, UNM athletic director Eddie Nuñez said on Wednesday.

Nuñez said UNM may open the season on Aug. 29 anyway, possibly at rival New Mexico State. The Aggies had a cancellation of their Week 0 (Aug. 29) game in Los Angeles vs. UCLA, which is in the Pac-12 and has decided to play conference opponents only this season because of COVID-19 public health concerns. In the original schedule, UNM was to play at NMSU on Sept. 19.

All of this, meanwhile, is in the context of Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham recommending last week in a letter to the leadership of the state’s public universities that no contact sports be played in the fall. Two of the state’s NCAA Division II schools announced this week they are postponing fall sports — Eastern New Mexico has suspended all fall sports, while Western New Mexico postponed its football and volleyball seasons with a decision pending on cross country.

New Mexico State athletic director Mario Moccia confirmed to the Sun-News that an Aug. 29 opener with UNM is on possibility of several his school is exploring.

“There are a lot of unanswered questions, but I would much rather have a schedule on paper than none at all,” Moccia said.

Regarding a possible NMSU/UNM game in Week 0. Mario Moccia said “We are in talks to replace week zero game with a number of opponents. There are a lot of unanswered questions, but I would much rather have a schedule on paper than none at all. “

If they didn't pretend everything is on track to success I might have some pity on Senter. He's delusional, and needs to know why fans aren't buying tickets and donating money. A simple statement acknowledging the awful status of our program would be a start. We're in a middle of a pandemic. Money is tight everywhere. I'm not gonna give him money to fuel his fireplace.

$150? Good god, man. Is that all UTEP asks for? If it were UT or A$M or Tech it would be $1500 minimum. What a pathetic amount to be calling about.

$150? Good god, man. Is that all UTEP asks for? If it were UT or A$M or Tech it would be $1500 minimum. What a pathetic amount to be calling about.
I'm one of the low budget donors. I think Gold season ticket holders probably got hit up for those types of amounts.

giphy.gif

This reminds me of the time I heard somebody say their uncle was cheap because he "only" gave them $50 as a wedding gift.

I remember when I was younger one my cousins said "that's it?" after he opened his Christmas gifts.

No, you're just an entitled person.

Just because I can afford to donate $150 doesn't mean that I will.

It's called money management. That's why you and the others think $80k is a low income. It's because you don't spend within your means.

Your unemployment $ runs out soon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT