ADVERTISEMENT

If we don't have a football season

It took them two years to chair back three small sections. My dream of having the entire gold section chair backed will take a long ass time if Senter is in charge.

Imagine if they were hired to build Southwest University Park!

They would still be building it! LOL

Reactions: JCorona
The fans and city stood behind their shitty program and now they're thriving. Seems a lot better than the ”stop buying tickets” approach.

Alabama, especially Birmingham, has way bigger problems.

"According to the Alabama Department of Health, over the last 7 days, there have been 1,100 hospital admissions per day.

Right now, there are 211 ICU beds available in the state."

https://abc3340.com/news/local/alabama-covid-19-deaths-hit-new-all-time-high

All our southern CUSA are in "oh shit" mode right not. Million dollar stadiums, Primetime's son going to where ever in CUSA, UTEP box seats coming along nicely? Who cares at this point. With Kugler, Dimel and now Covid doing a one two punch, UTEP may not survive.

In El Paso, it will take weeks at the soonest to hopefully see a bend. This goes for the rest of the Bible belt states.

"In El Paso, it will take weeks at the soonest to hopefully see a bend."

I assume you meant to say "bed"? Do you have any proof to back up that claim?

Never have been able to get excited about baseball. Maybe watch the last few innings of a game or two.

We'll play. The state of Texas will have students on campus in the fall. The only game that might be in doubt is the game in Reno. The west coast schools are in trouble. The NCAA doesn't run d1 football so this will be the wild west.

Over two months have passed and you ignored my bet request after this statement of yours.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
Over two months have passed and you ignored my bet request after this statement of yours.

I responded months ago and you scoffed. I said we would play every game nonconference game with the possible exception of nevada and play eight conference games. You were opposed because I wouldnt commit to the eight conference games schelduled because I think we may end up getting three home and homes with UTSA ,UNT and Rice or La Tech.

I responded months ago and you scoffed. I said we would play every game nonconference game with the possible exception of nevada and play eight conference games. You were opposed because I wouldnt commit to the eight conference games schelduled because I think we may end up getting three home and homes with UTSA ,UNT and Rice or La Tech.

So Texas Tech is going to play at the Sun Bowl in a little over a month?

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992

Right because that is not what your statement said. You said ONLY the Nevada game, meaning ONLY the Nevada game was in danger. That’s when you went and backed away from your statement and said conference games would be changed, which boggles your original statement of “only the Nevada game”.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
Smart decision. Vaccine testing is looking really good according to experts and looks to be out early 2021.

Reactions: EP Maximus
NMSU, UNM asked by governor to forgo football this fall due to virus
nmsu-incarnate-pic.png

KVIA file
NMSU Aggie football players celebrate in the end zone during a game last season.

LAS CRUCES, New Mexico -- New Mexico Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham was awaiting a response Wednesday from leaders of New Mexico State University and the University of New Mexico following a request that both forgo playing college football games this fall due to the coronavirus pandemic.

In a letter to university administrators, a copy of which was obtained by ABC-7, the governor cited "escalating danger" as virus cases rise significantly among young people in the state.

ADVERTISING
Roughly half of all new infections involve those in their 20s and 30s. While she acknowledged that the virus rarely causes death in those age groups, the governor noted research that shows it can cause long-lasting harm.

She said in the letter, which was first reported by the Albuquerque Journal, that it was "critical" to postpone college sports in the state until at least late this year or early next year.

“I know what I am asking you to contemplate is difficult and unprecedented, but these are difficult and unprecedented times,” Lujan Grisham wrote. “Fighting Covid-19 is a team sport. I am asking each of you to join me..."

Yahoo Sports quoted NMSU athletic director Mario Moccia as saying it was awaiting word from the NCAA and other schools before determining how to proceed. It quoted UNM as saying it would reconvene with the governor's office in the near future.

NMSU, UNM asked by governor to forgo football this fall due to virus
nmsu-incarnate-pic.png

KVIA file
NMSU Aggie football players celebrate in the end zone during a game last season.

LAS CRUCES, New Mexico -- New Mexico Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham was awaiting a response Wednesday from leaders of New Mexico State University and the University of New Mexico following a request that both forgo playing college football games this fall due to the coronavirus pandemic.

In a letter to university administrators, a copy of which was obtained by ABC-7, the governor cited "escalating danger" as virus cases rise significantly among young people in the state.

ADVERTISING
Roughly half of all new infections involve those in their 20s and 30s. While she acknowledged that the virus rarely causes death in those age groups, the governor noted research that shows it can cause long-lasting harm.

She said in the letter, which was first reported by the Albuquerque Journal, that it was "critical" to postpone college sports in the state until at least late this year or early next year.

“I know what I am asking you to contemplate is difficult and unprecedented, but these are difficult and unprecedented times,” Lujan Grisham wrote. “Fighting Covid-19 is a team sport. I am asking each of you to join me..."

Yahoo Sports quoted NMSU athletic director Mario Moccia as saying it was awaiting word from the NCAA and other schools before determining how to proceed. It quoted UNM as saying it would reconvene with the governor's office in the near future.

Grisham lives in some kind of fairyland where people don’t need to work for money to live.

Damn, I’m gonna have to check these odds out.

I use predictit.com, but you can only bet a maximum of $850 there. But you can bet on Trump being President and a Republican nominee being President, so you can do $1,700 there.

Trump is +135 on other sites.

Reactions: JCorona
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT