ADVERTISEMENT

Its Gameweek 💥💥💥

Why is it so quite ?

This is probably the biggest home opener ever?? Has Utep ever had a sell out home opener?
Dimel wants it to stay quiet..

I doubt this game will be a sellout. Maybe 40k if all goes well. It is a VERY important though game given all the current circumstances. Hopefully our Miners can pull out a victory.

Reactions: MinerInWisconsin
Why is it so quite ?

This is probably the biggest home opener ever?? Has Utep ever had a sell out home opener?
Yes. Home opener in 2008 vs Texas had SRO crowd of 53K plus.

The home opener in 2006 was vs Texas Tech with a crowd of over 51K. Almost a sellout and almost a win. Tech won in OT.

The 2005 home opener vs Houston, UTEP's 1st CUSA game, over 45K. Not a sellout but an electric atmosphere ending in an OT win for the Miners.

I doubt this game will be a sellout. Maybe 40k if all goes well. It is a VERY important though game given all the current circumstances. Hopefully our Miners can pull out a victory.
I'm talking about here. Why so quiet?

Depth chart released.
It says Deon Hankins is a redshirt freshman. I thought he was a sophomore?

Unless there is another big corporate purchase, I think our ceiling is around 41.5K tickets sold.
I am thinking there is probably some donor or company out there who has committed to purchase the remaining tickets if they are a few thousand short of a sell-out.

Why would Dimel want it quiet? Makes no sense.

The home opener in 2006 was vs Texas Tech with a crowd of over 51K. Almost a sellout and almost a win. Tech won in OT.

The 2005 home opener vs Houston, UTEP's 1st CUSA game, over 45K. Not a sellout but an electric atmosphere ending in an OT win for the Miners.
I believe the 2006 TT was officially sold out. By then capacity had been reduced to 51500 to accommodate soccer. I remember buying $10 standing only tickets to that game.

Reactions: MinerInWisconsin

If Price goes for the PAT instead of 2 points (twice), the Miners win...But as usual, woulda, coulda, shoulda.....

In 09 upset I sat right next to two Houston fans. They were “Rah! Rah!” but yet respectful the entire game. When it was over I looked over and they sat there stunned at the upset. So was I.

Anyways, weather has changed dramatically for Saturday. Just 15% chance of rain according to weather channel. It will be hot (so muggy for El Pasoan standards).

Stadium channel is on YoutubeTV. Anyone wanting to watch can sign up for a free two day trial, just don’t forget to cancel the subscription after the game.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
Stadium channel is on YoutubeTV. Anyone wanting to watch can sign up for a free two day trial, just don’t forget to cancel the subscription after the game.
That’s completely unnecessary. Stadium is 100% free with no credit card needed. It’s over the air in a lot of markets and you can watch it on many free apps. Signing up for YouTube TV for this, is stupid

Reactions: MinerFan79
I like the first drive. Well, except the end of it.

Hardison seemed to recognize coverage and saw the blitz coming at him. Just need to execute more consistently like on the pass to Flores.

Reactions: develman
I like the first drive. Well, except the end of it.

Hardison seemed to recognize coverage and saw the blitz coming at him. Just need to execute more consistently like on the pass to Flores.
The second drive was even better. No points, but at least UNT has to start within their own 2 yard line.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT