ADVERTISEMENT

NMSU, Liberty, and two FCS to CUSA

He’s already coached in front of SHSU’s 1,000 fans many times before.

At least we get to keep playing at FIU every year with 200 fans!

At least we know NoWins was full of shit about Independence.

Liberty and NMSU would rather play in a shitty arena in front of 1000 people than remain independent. And play in Miami in front of 200 than remain Independent.

Also about FCS schools not wanting to join CUSA.

I wonder what else he's full of shit?

At least we know NoWins was full of shit about Independence.

Liberty and NMSU would rather play in a shitty arena in front of 1000 people than remain independent.

Also about FCS schools not wanting to join CUSA.

I wonder what else he's full of shit?
Point is there’s no difference between this crap league and what I have suggested in the past. Kudos to you for celebrating Independents, WAC, and OVC teams joining the mighty CUSA.

Now time to boot Judy and rename this dumpster.

Reactions: kickballpro
Point is there’s no difference between this crap league and what I have suggested in the past. Kudos to you for celebrating Independents, WAC, and OVC teams joining the mighty CUSA.

Now time to boot Judy and rename this dumpster.
There's a huge difference. For years you've been saying UTEP would be fine Independent. This just proved how wrong you've been.

Independents would rather join this shit show of a conference than be Independent. But it's whatever.

We all know he's full of shit. I can't believe you guys spend so much energy arguing with him.

I'm very relieved by this news. I thought we'd have to wait until the end of the week for news about defections and next week for a CUSA announcement of additions.
Now we can concentrate on the Ootsa game and preparations for BB season.
Yet, you claimed to have blocked me, but responded to and quoted a post from yesterday

Reactions: kickballpro
There's a huge difference. For years you've been saying UTEP would be fine Independent. This just proved how wrong you've been.

Independents would rather join this shit show of a conference than be Independent. But it's whatever.
Guess I was wrong then. If I were a fan of Sam Houston or Jax St, I would very concerned. Again, doesn’t make sense to me to send your teams all over the place, when you can join a more compact league.

I just hope that UTEP doesn’t start losing to these teams.

Reactions: JCorona
Guess I was wrong then. If I were a fan of Sam Houston or Jax St, I would very concerned. Again, doesn’t make sense to me to send your teams all over the place, when you can join a more compact league.

I just hope that UTEP doesn’t start losing to these teams.
I see your point but football runs this country. No one cares if the volleyball team has to take a vacation to Miami to play FIU. The college distribution money and P5 road games will make up for any travel expenses. Also donors and fans might step up now that they're joining the big leagues.

I see your point but football runs this country. No one cares if the volleyball team has to take a vacation to Miami to play FIU. The college distribution money and P5 road games will make up for any travel expenses. Also donors and fans might step up now that they're joining the big leagues.
I know. Just saying, UTEP, LaTech, FIU, and Liberty will be looking for a way out at every step. Oh well, SHSU and JSU’s problem to worry about. Still need another team. I would be okay with Missouri St. Not sure of anyone else.

Sam Houston: Football very good. Basketball average.
Jacksonville State: Football mediocre. Basketball below average.
NMSU: Football notoriously bad. Basketball good.
Liberty: Football, 7-2 this year with wins against ODU, MTU, NTex, 3 pt loss at Syracuse. Basketball above average.

Liberty: Football, 7-2 this year with wins against ODU, MTU, NTex, 3 pt loss at Syracuse. Basketball above average.
Liberty has been to the last 2 NCAA tournaments and won a game in 2019. They were 30-4 and had an autobid when the 2020 tournament got canceled. They’re better than “above average”.

I mean, NMSU does have a bowl win in the last 5 years. Hopefully UTEP can exercise the longest bowl win drought in the country this year.

I was talking about them, not us. If I added UTEP it would be:
UTEP: Football notoriously bad (except this year), basketball disappointingly average of late.
It'll be interesting to see how the league plays out in hoops.

Still probably a 1 bid league to start, but NMSU and Liberty bring some decent cred right away and La Tech and UTEP have potential.

It'll be interesting to see how the league plays out in hoops.

Still probably a 1 bid league to start, but NMSU and Liberty bring some decent cred right away and La Tech and UTEP have potential.
We suck but La Tech is good.

On the brighter side, possibly depressing, El Paso's local population (679,813) to draw fans from is larger than the combined population (462,856) of the rest of the league ignoring Miami (FIU). Dominate and UTEP should be the first team picked up the next round of expansion.

Reactions: EMA884

Here's a map to visualize what the conference might look like if it all comes true.

What FCS school could we add in either Georgia or the Carolinas to tighten the league up?

What about the one @MinerInWisconsin mentioned, NC A&T?

Then split into east/west

NMSU
UTEP
SHSU
La Tech

Liberty
FIU
NC A&T
Jacksonville St

I love the 8 team set up cuz it gives us that extra ooc game. With NMSU a conference game we could do alot of things. A P5 an extra FCS home game. A h&a series with MW. A h&a with a Texas G5. So many options.

Reactions: EMA884 and nattybry
We all know he's full of shit. I can't believe you guys spend so much energy arguing with him.

I'm very relieved by this news. I thought we'd have to wait until the end of the week for news about defections and next week for a CUSA announcement of additions.
With you 100% Round. I have suggested countless times to fellow Diggers to IGNORE HIM, but to no avail.

Or does CUSA go for the grand slam?

NDSU and SDSU! Those two programs seeing their top fcs competition, SHSU and JMU moving up could be enough incentive for the Dakota schools to step up with the big boys.

The travel would be crazy but it instantly becomes a strong football league. Nice 9 member round robin schedule. Best two teams play in the championship game.

NDSU
SDSU
UTEP
NMSU
SHSU
La Tech
Jacksonville St
FIU
Liberty

We might even get a TV deal out of it.

Reactions: EMA884
The other thread is pretty unwieldy at this point. Not for sure but huge news leaking.

I had the Jacksonville St. info Saturday, but glad it's confirmed now! I like the moves for now at least. UTEP still needs to weasel its way into MWC at some point and take NMSU with them. It's where we all know both teams belong. Glad CUSA has a pulse now though.

Last edited:
Or does CUSA go for the grand slam?

NDSU and SDSU! Those two programs seeing their top fcs competition, SHSU and JMU moving up could be enough incentive for the Dakota schools to step up with the big boys.

The travel would be crazy but it instantly becomes a strong football league. Nice 9 member round robin schedule. Best two teams play in the championship game.

NDSU
SDSU
UTEP
NMSU
SHSU
La Tech
Jacksonville St
FIU
Liberty

We might even get a TV deal out of it.
I like that one actually or 12 teams east/west. Would love the Montana vs Montana St. Rivalry in CUSA!
East: Liberty, La Tech, Jacksonville St. FIU, NC A&T, Kennesaw St.
West: Utep, NMSU, Sam Houston St, SFA, Montana, Montana St.

Looks like my suggestions isnt far off after all?? Its half way complete. Now just need Idaho,NAU and some western teams to complete the western division.

Looks like my suggestions isnt far off after all?? Its half way complete. Now just need Idaho,NAU and some western teams to complete the western division.
You also had UMass for all sports, Villanova, Navy, and Hawaii. NAU and Idaho aren’t joining this. NMSU and UTEP are the most west it’s gonna get.

You also had UMass for all sports, Villanova, Navy, and Hawaii. NAU and Idaho aren’t joining this. NMSU and UTEP are the most west it’s gonna get.
I had mentioned I'd love to see Montana and Montana St., but it won't happen. CUSA gave UTEP NMSU and that's it. Rest of the teams will be current FCS teams from Texas, Louisiana, NC probably like Tarleton St., SFA, Mc Neese St., NC A&T or something like that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT