ADVERTISEMENT

NMSU, Liberty, and two FCS to CUSA

Liberty is the pretty mistress with baggage. Been around the block.

6006e34ea37a0.image.jpg
You all do realize CUSA may have it's own Baylor, right? It an evangelical university "in partnership with the Southern Baptist Conservatives of Virginia"

https://www.sbc.net/resources/directories/colleges-and-universities/

At the very least with the excitement of Joe Golding and now NMSU, Liberty, La Tech still pretty good in basketball and possibly a decent Sam Houston, should be a pretty competitive basketball league. With less teams UTEP should have a better chance of getting bid as well. Liberty is the Gem of this news minus there other issues I think.
Competitive only because of how bad we all are. All of our programs will take a major dive, talent wise. There’s not a recruit alive that will give teams in this conference a second look, unless they have no other choice

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
So.... FIU was unfortunately in CUSA before we lost teams, so what's the difference from then and now. I'd say if W. Kentucky and M. Tennessee stay, we get money from the departing teams, gain Liberty and NMSU, reduce the amount of mouths to feed and get a new TV deal signed next year. Then we probably are better off than we were before CUSA got Blown Up! However W. Kentucky/M. Tennessee probably leave for a more sure thing, but maybe not we'll know when we know.
Not really. TV deal will likely be for less money and without division play, travel costs are higher. The league could be somewhat “better”, but I don’t think the money will, and that’s what really matters.

Competitive only because of how bad we all are. All of our programs will take a major dive, talent wise. There’s not a recruit alive that will give teams in this conference a second look, unless they have no other choice
Funny how people talk about the “15,000 attendance rule” but are okay with admitting SHSU who is lucky to get 8,000 in a 14,000 seat stadium. I guess we’ll just let all standards go so we can be the conference people schedule for homecoming games.

Funny how people talk about the “15,000 attendance rule” but are okay with admitting SHSU who is lucky to get 8,000 in a 14,000 seat stadium. I guess we’ll just let all standards go so we can be the conference people schedule for homecoming games.
You're the one that said an article was full of shit cuz the writer brought up that rule. Keep that same energy. No gives a damn about other team's attendance but losers. (Your words) Focus on our attendance problems and why we only drew 10k for a MW school.

You're the one that said an article was full of shit cuz the writer brought up that rule. Keep that same energy. No gives a damn about other team's attendance but losers. (Your words) Focus on our attendance problems and why we only drew 10k for a MW school.
It is full of shit and SHSU going to FBS is proof. I don’t remember saying that and if I did, just because I bring it up in a factual manner, doesn’t mean I “care” about their attendance. I “care” if UTEP wins or loses.

I haven’t really kept up with this. Do all of these moves take effect next season, or are we years away? Is all of this waiting on the OU and UT move to the SEC?

I haven’t really kept up with this. Do all of these moves take effect next season, or are we years away? Is all of this waiting on the OU and UT move to the SEC?
It’s very unlikely most teams move in time for 22-23. If you read Marshall’s, USM’s, and ODU’s releases on joining the Belt, they say “no later than July 1, 2023.” Which means they could leave after this year, but not for sure. The 6 AAC teams are not joining until 2023. I really doubt the new CUSA teams join next season either. UT and OU, remains to be seen when they actually move.

Reactions: mikesarabia
It’s very unlikely most teams move in time for 22-23. If you read Marshall’s, USM’s, and ODU’s releases on joining the Belt, they say “no later than July 1, 2023.” Which means they could leave after this year, but not for sure. The 6 AAC teams are not joining until 2023. I really doubt the new CUSA teams join next season either. UT and OU, remains to be seen when they actually move.
Thanks for sharing, good information.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
What's going on with MTSU/WKU? I thought it would have been announced by now.

What's going on with MTSU/WKU? I thought it would have been announced by now.

Rumor is at least one of the schools is having second thoughts about entrance/exit fees and travel costs (which I can't imagine being worse than old/new CUSA). My guess is if only one jumps the MAC doesn't make a formal invite.

Reactions: JCorona
Rumor is at least one of the schools is having second thoughts about entrance/exit fees and travel costs (which I can't imagine being worse than old/new CUSA). My guess is if only one jumps the MAC doesn't make a formal invite.
Hopefully they stay. Better than inviting two more FCS schools. Hoops would be a pretty solid league.

Reactions: axingfools1
Matt Brown just said on KROD, that it’s the other way around. Some MAC schools are having second thoughts about travel costs.

He also said CUSA was interested in UConn, but feeling is not mutual and the reverse for UMass. Said Central Arkansas, Eastern Kentucky, or another Texas WAC school, could be the next team in.

Reactions: JCorona
It means Trump is still living in his head rent free.
Oso, you old GOP loving fart. You put some questionable stuff on here every now and then and I don't take swipes.

Feral, there's an expression they have for traveling baptist's: "They come in with $20 and they leave with $20".

Why will New Mexico Bowl and lower tier Texas bowls like to have UTEP (If the rare times that they qualify like last year when there was a bowl invitation waiting if UTEP just beat UNT)? Proximity, traveling is pretty good, we come, rent, get smashed, buy crap and go home.

Why do you think Alpine and Terlingua like us? Come on down El Paso. Spend, stay the night, eat and drink (then get the F%$# out!).

• Haha
Reactions: jdubb66
Oso, you old GOP loving fart. You put some questionable stuff on here every now and then and I don't take swipes.

Feral, there's an expression they have for traveling baptist's: "They come in with $20 and they leave with $20".

Why will New Mexico Bowl and lower tier Texas bowls like to have UTEP (If the rare times that they qualify like last year when there was a bowl invitation waiting if UTEP just beat UNT)? Proximity, traveling is pretty good, we come, rent, get smashed, buy crap and go home.

Why do you think Alpine and Terlingua like us? Come on down El Paso. Spend, stay the night, eat and drink (then get the F%$# out!).
The Baptists might have that rep but I know the Mormons certainly do too.

Reactions: utep2step
Have to think the entrance fee also comes with full revenue sharing on day one so the cost would likely be offset by the exit fees of the other schools.

I agree. Make them demonstrate the commitment up front. Offset cost gradually over time.
You're cold bro
Maybe so, but I gotta agree with him on this one. Nothing good for free. Put up or shut up FBS wanna be’s. Show the commitment.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT