ADVERTISEMENT

NMSU, Liberty, and two FCS to CUSA

If MAC offers them, it could only be based on the MAC expecting to lose one of there existing members dropping football or adding another FCS team to come with W. Kentucky. I don't see MAC taking them without M. Tennessee now. However if they wanna leave, cool, we'll replace them with Eastern Kentucky or something if they go. I'd much rather them stay though of course.

I promise I'm not picking on you, man, but do you really, really, WANT a directional Kentucky school in a conference with UTEP? It seems you don't care if it's Western, Eastern, Northern, Southern, Southwestern, Middle Northeastern, or Central Southwest of the North Coast Kentucky.

Western Kentucky has a more solid basketball history than most of the exiting member combined. They came close to almost winning it all in 1970...or 71?

Like I said before, UTSA and ODU is not that big of a loss. UTSA is having a great year. La Tech has had great years, plural.

UTSA and ODU, go win something. Then you can pound your chest.

Ruston success:

SeasonCoachBowlOpponentResult
1977Maxie LambrightIndependence BowlLouisvilleW 24–14
1978Maxie LambrightIndependence BowlEast CarolinaL 13–35
1990Joe Raymond PeaceIndependence BowlMarylandT 34–34
2001Jack Bicknell Jr.Humanitarian BowlClemsonL 24–49
2008Derek DooleyIndependence BowlNorthern IllinoisW 17–10
2011Sonny DykesPoinsettia BowlTCUL 24–31
2014Skip HoltzHeart of Dallas BowlIllinoisW 35–18
2015Skip HoltzNew Orleans BowlArkansas StateW 47–28
2016Skip HoltzArmed Forces BowlNavyW 48–45
2017Skip HoltzFrisco BowlSMUW 51–10
2018Skip HoltzHawaii BowlHawaiiW 31–14
2019Skip HoltzIndependence BowlMiami (FL)W 14–0
2020Skip HoltzNew Orleans BowlGeorgia SouthernL 3–38

Reactions: Rocketsr
I would take WKU and their strong basketball and football programs over possibly having to replace them with another FCS school. It would probably be Eastern Kentucky. Not even trying to be funny. That's who would most likely takes WKU's spot.

Reactions: Lil_Train
I promise I'm not picking on you, man, but do you really, really, WANT a directional Kentucky school in a conference with UTEP? It seems you don't care if it's Western, Eastern, Northern, Southern, Southwestern, Middle Northeastern, or Central Southwest of the North Coast Kentucky.
Any school, from any state, is good enough for CUSA now.

Western Kentucky has a more solid basketball history than most of the exiting member combined. They came close to almost winning it all in 1970...or 71?

Like I said before, UTSA and ODU is not that big of a loss. UTSA is having a great year. La Tech has had great years, plural.

UTSA and ODU, go win something. Then you can pound your chest.

Ruston success:

SeasonCoachBowlOpponentResult
1977Maxie LambrightIndependence BowlLouisvilleW 24–14
1978Maxie LambrightIndependence BowlEast CarolinaL 13–35
1990Joe Raymond PeaceIndependence BowlMarylandT 34–34
2001Jack Bicknell Jr.Humanitarian BowlClemsonL 24–49
2008Derek DooleyIndependence BowlNorthern IllinoisW 17–10
2011Sonny DykesPoinsettia BowlTCUL 24–31
2014Skip HoltzHeart of Dallas BowlIllinoisW 35–18
2015Skip HoltzNew Orleans BowlArkansas StateW 47–28
2016Skip HoltzArmed Forces BowlNavyW 48–45
2017Skip HoltzFrisco BowlSMUW 51–10
2018Skip HoltzHawaii BowlHawaiiW 31–14
2019Skip HoltzIndependence BowlMiami (FL)W 14–0
2020Skip HoltzNew Orleans BowlGeorgia SouthernL 3–38
All those great bowl wins and still left behind in CUSA. If they were so great, another conference would have added them.

All those great bowl wins and still left behind in CUSA. If they were so great, another conference would have added them.
They burned their bridge with the SB. AAC don't care about winning teams. They want big markets. Out of all the realignment that happened the team that truly deserved to move up was left behind in favor of a school that might turn out to be good or might not.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
They burned their bridge with the SB. AAC don't care about winning teams. They want big markets. Out of all the realignment that happened the team that truly deserved to move up was left behind in favor of a school that might turn out to be good or might not.

Maybe so, but nonetheless they were not mentioned by any reporters to be considered for another conference. Like FIU and UTEP. They had a good football and mens basketball program, but I am not sure about their other sports, nor do I really care. Sucks for them.

Natt, just ask Major dufus how did having the exiting members of CUSA help?

This is what he does, throws shit at the wall and tells his mom to clean it up.

I don't really want that, that's why I said I'd prefer W. Kentucky to stay, did you read that or no? I said IF they leave which I no longer see happening after M. Tennessee staying. Please read all, before responding!

Maybe so, but nonetheless they were not mentioned by any reporters to be considered for another conference. Like FIU and UTEP. They had a good football and mens basketball program, but I am not sure about their other sports, nor do I really care. Sucks for them.
WKU, La Tech, and MTSU don't really bring huge markets, and the AAC clearly doesn't care about on the field success. They're just evolving to another version of CUSA.

All the remaining FBS schools outside UTEP in CUSA are ideal competitive schools for the Sun Belt, but just about every school burned that bridge pretty hard.

WKU, La Tech, and MTSU don't really bring huge markets, and the AAC clearly doesn't care about on the field success. They're just evolving to another version of CUSA.

All the remaining FBS schools outside UTEP in CUSA are ideal competitive schools for the Sun Belt, but just about every school burned that bridge pretty hard.
MTSU knows they can do better than the MAC. They're close to the Nashville market and are getting ready to announce major athletic facilities upgrades. WKU knows that no matter how much they win, no one wants them.

I would love to see "Big Red" come to El Paso and entertain the crowd. If they stay, which seems more likely.

If you're talking La Tech they not only burned but bulldozed the remains of their bridges with ULM and Louisiana. This is a case where, at least for now, the Sun Belt is punishing La Tech for their arrogance

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT