La Tech
Missouri St

East

MTSU
WKU
Liberty
FIU
Jacksonville St
If that eastern division were to come to fruition that would be just as tough as the current east CUSA standing. MTSU is struggling this year but they will be back and with them, WKU and Liberty? Wow!

Lynchburg is 3 hours to DC and so with them and FIU CUSA keeps their east coast coverage.

That was a long, drawn out drama with an embarrassing outcome. Poor WKU and MTSU...
Yet to be seen. If cusa gets better tv deal when this one ends this year and there will be less mouths to feed. It'll be a good bball league that can possibly get 2 bids in the future, they receive cut of 27 million from outgoing teams plus membership fees of incoming teams and an ok football league. I don't know that this won't end up being ok for everyone who stayed. So I wouldn't be so quick to say poor them just yet! I would say that they definitely will make more money in the short term and we'll see what happens in the long term.

Yet to be seen. If cusa gets better tv deal when this one ends this year and there will be less mouths to feed. It'll be a good bball league that can possibly get 2 bids in the future, they receive cut of 27 million from outgoing teams plus membership fees of incoming teams and an ok football league. I don't know that this won't end up being ok for everyone who stayed. So I wouldn't be so quick to say poor them just yet! I would say that they definitely will make more money in the short term and we'll see what happens in the long term.
Yup, that was satire. But it is embarrassing for their fans.
I'm very happy with the outcome. AAC and the Belt did us a favor. It was just 2 weeks ago we were worried about not having a home and now we come out in a better place than we started. Our good luck continues.

Reactions: nattybry
I'm very happy with the outcome. AAC and the Belt did us a favor. It was just 2 weeks ago we were worried about not having a home and now we come out in a better place than we started. Our good luck continues.
Are you on drugs? “Very happy” with at least 9 teams leaving? “Come out in a better place”? “Good luck”?

This new CUSA is not a better place. There is not one AD in the country that would rather have Liberty, Jax St, and Sam Houston over Rice, UNT, and UTSA. Especially if you’re in the state of Texas. Put down the crack pipe.

Reactions: utep-piggy
I don't think you'll see anymore Texas schools or Mcneese. Missouri State is out. I think the favorites are Central Arkansas and Southern Illinois. Dream scenario are the Dakota schools NDSU and SDSU.

UMass is a hockey, then basketball, then football school in that order. No way they’re leaving the A1, arguably the best mid major basketball conference and one that fits their geographic footprint, to join a conference where they have to travel to El Paso regularly.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
UMass is a hockey, then basketball, then football school in that order. No way they’re leaving the A1, arguably the best mid major basketball conference and one that fits their geographic footprint, to join a conference where they have to travel to El Paso regularly.
Right. Just saying for those that want UMass for football and then get their basketball team to play some non-conference games. Their basketball team sucks. A little bit different when talking about UConn.

It's all about football. We need fbs members. I don't care about their other sports or scheduling agreements.

UTEP has a good Hockey team they can schedule UMASS for hockey. Maybe instead of adding baseball Utep adds mens Hockey?? UTEP would have a good farm system with the Rhinos.

Only time will tell if CUSA will be a good home for us, and I would also make the same evaluation for teams leaving for what is believed to be greener pastures. All schools not named UT or A&M face tough headwinds in Texas as far as exposure and recruiting. The 2nd string of UH, Texas Tech, TCU and Baylor and maybe SMU take most of what remains. Finally 3rd in line come the rest of us UNT, TSU, UTSA, RICE, UTEP and with SHSU warming up in the wings. All these programs except for UTEP are jam packed in metro areas and have to compete with each other. ALL programs are chasing UT and A&M and I really don't see that changing no matter what conference you play in.

UTEP has a good Hockey team they can schedule UMASS for hockey. Maybe instead of adding baseball Utep adds mens Hockey?? UTEP would have a good farm system with the Rhinos.
The UTEP club team is decent, but UMass literally won the NCAA hockey title this past year. I really don’t want UTEP to have to contribute to upkeep at the Coliseum and stretch their athletic budget even thinner. Remember, if we add hockey or baseball we have to add a similar number of women’s teams as well. I’m of the opinion the university doesn’t need more sports right now and should focus on building what they have. Football is trending upward this year (even with the two game slide), basketball is about to start, and volleyball is looking the best it has in ages. Get to the NCAAT and win a bowl or two to get some more revenue and then look into adding more sports.

And UConn could be a possibility as a football only member, but I sincerely doubt they will ever play a basketball game at UTEP.

Reactions: UTEPMiners8106
Only time will tell if CUSA will be a good home for us, and I would also make the same evaluation for teams leaving for what is believed to be greener pastures. All schools not named UT or A&M face tough headwinds in Texas as far as exposure and recruiting. The 2nd string of UH, Texas Tech, TCU and Baylor and maybe SMU take most of what remains. Finally 3rd in line come the rest of us UNT, TSU, UTSA, RICE, UTEP and with SHSU warming up in the wings. All these programs except for UTEP are jam packed in metro areas and have to compete with each other. ALL programs are chasing UT and A&M and I really don't see that changing no matter what conference you play in.
AAC is definitely greener pastures. UNT, UTSA, and Rice are a line above Texas St, who is now a line above UTEP and soon, SHSU.

These teams aren’t chasing UT or A&M.

AAC is definitely greener pastures. UNT, UTSA, and Rice are a line above Texas St, who is now a line above UTEP and soon, SHSU.

These teams aren’t chasing UT or A&M.
The AAC is not greener. Only reason they were picked was because they're closer to the other teams. Who in the new AAC is better than Liberty?? I think the new CUSA upgraded .

giphy.gif

The AAC is not greener. Only reason they were picked was because they're closer to the other teams. Who in the new AAC is better than Liberty?? I think the new CUSA upgraded .
The AAC gives their teams 4 times more money than CUSA does. They can buy 4 times as much pizza, capri suns, and candy than they can buy now. The AAC also has a better tv deal, so they can watch Nick Jr, Nickelodeon, and Cartoon Network. CUSA only offers PBS kids and a library card.

AAC has better toys and a PS5. CUSA still has a PS2 and a bunch of broken power rangers. Do you see the difference?

Nice to read this article from the Huntsville newspaper focusing on the money hurdles SHSU now faces as they make the transition to FBS.

lieb

Middle Tennessee is officially staying in CUSA which I think is good, so we keep Nashville. I assume that means W. Kentucky is staying too. This is great news for the time being in my book. I think CUSA can still get a better TV contract after next year. The exit fee and entrance fee money will help all 5 teams that remained as well!

Middle Tennessee is officially staying in CUSA which I think is good, so we keep Nashville. I assume that means W. Kentucky is staying too. This is great news for the time being in my book. I think CUSA can still get a better TV contract after next year. The exit fee and entrance fee money will help all 5 teams that remained as well!
Good to hear!

Now I know we definitely will get a better contract.

Basically all your prognostications in this whole ordeal about where everyone lands has been dead wrong.
If you can lay out how you can get more money by replacing UAB, UTSA, FAU, Rice, UNT, Charlotte, Marshall, ODU, and USM with Liberty, NMSU, SHSU, and JSU, I would love to read it.

Yeah, keeping two solid and already established programs is better than fishing for more FCS schools immediately. Plus, it keeps 3 schools relatively close with JSU, WKU, and MTSU being a reasonably short drive apart from each other. Even Liberty can hit MTSU and WKU in less than an 8 hour drive.

FIU becomes the major outlier, but I'll suffer a trip to Miami no problem.

Adding SFA would be a solid if we are going for another FCS program to get to 10 an a championship. Big rival with SHSU and would compliment and already solid hoops conference.

If you can lay out how you can get more money by replacing UAB, UTSA, FAU, Rice, UNT, Charlotte, Marshall, ODU, and USM with Liberty, NMSU, SHSU, and JSU, I would love to read it.
I have to go to work, I'll break it down later on how each team will get more on the next deal

I would say better would mean more actual cash in hand for each individual school. The total revenue for the conferencemight be lower, but with fewer mouths to feed, it still might be a win for the schools.
Why would a company pay more than $500,000 per team? Now, CUSA can say they’re in Charlotte, San Antonio, Birmingham, Dallas, and Houston. If you’re CBS when Judy says they’re swapping out Rice for a school a hour away that gets 5,000 for their football team, do you believe that’s an even trade?

NMSU adds nothing TV wise, as CUSA is currently in that market. Jacksonville St in no way replaces Birmingham. How much is Liberty worth? Not more than losing a Charlotte market.

They’re losing these big markets, and their perception has never been lower. There’s no reason to pay more than what they’re currently getting.

Why would a company pay more than $500,000 per team? Now, CUSA can say they’re in Charlotte, San Antonio, Birmingham, Dallas, and Houston. If you’re CBS when Judy says they’re swapping out Rice for a school a hour away that gets 5,000 for their football team, do you believe that’s an even trade?

NMSU adds nothing TV wise, as CUSA is currently in that market. Jacksonville St in no way replaces Birmingham. How much is Liberty worth? Not more than losing a Charlotte market.

They’re losing these big markets, and their perception has never been lower. There’s no reason to pay more than what they’re currently getting.
If all that you said is correct then Sun Belt and MAC wouldn't currently have a Bigger TV Contract than CUSA had with those teams that left. Like I said I'll break it down later, but take my bet, I'd love to not have you not post for a month or longer for that matter!

I have to go to work, I'll break it down later on how each team will get more on the next deal
Natt, just ask Major dufus how did having the exiting members of CUSA help?

This is what he does, throws shit at the wall and tells his mom to clean it up.

• Haha
Reactions: Riburn3
If MAC offers them, it could only be based on the MAC expecting to lose one of there existing members dropping football or adding another FCS team to come with W. Kentucky. I don't see MAC taking them without M. Tennessee now. However if they wanna leave, cool, we'll replace them with Eastern Kentucky or something if they go. I'd much rather them stay though of course.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT