ADVERTISEMENT

Ok

PURPLEFIRE

MI Hall of Famer
Oct 5, 2003
I keep hearing about how nmsu has been to the NCAA over and over and I am curious what everyone not named utep05 really thinks... do you think nmsu could have won conference USA at anytime over the past say 5 years??? Not the tournament... but the conference? I honestly just don't see it.... but maybe someone could convince me otherwise.... and also could anyone not named nmsu from the wac have won cusa??

Absolutely I think they could have won Conference USA. It's not as if Conference USA has been a powerhouse and they have sure taken care of us at home and on the road. in 2015-2016 only 2 Conference USA teams had a better RPI. In 2014-2015 3 teams had a better RPI. So it's not that far fetched.

Last edited:
Reactions: develman and UTEP05
NMSU would be in the same boat as the other top five or so schools that are pretty good but have their RPI dragged down by the rest of the conference. On average NMSU might get a ticket to the Dance one out of every six years, same as those other schools.

I keep hearing about how nmsu has been to the NCAA over and over and I am curious what everyone not named utep05 really thinks... do you think nmsu could have won conference USA at anytime over the past say 5 years??? Not the tournament... but the conference? I honestly just don't see it.... but maybe someone could convince me otherwise.... and also could anyone not named nmsu from the wac have won cusa??

CTF re: tonight's NMSU team:

"New Mexico State has another good basketball team. They have a couple of really good guards. (Ian) Baker came in and just destroyed us last year. They are excellent in transition, they are doing a terrific job defensively they have size and length. Looks like an NCAA Tournament team."

Of course they could have won a conference crown. They could also have finished anywhere in the top 5 and missed a trip to the dance. But Grand Canyon? Talk about jumping on the bandwagon, lol. Their biggest win prior to SDSU was enemas u last year.

One thing I do wish is that if NMSU played in CUSA can you imagine how hard it would be for opposing teams to complete a road sweep at the Don then at the Pan Am. Teams would hate the road trip out west.

It wouldn't be hard to win 1/2 games.

Of course they could have won a conference crown. They could also have finished anywhere in the top 5 and missed a trip to the dance. But Grand Canyon? Talk about jumping on the bandwagon, lol. Their biggest win prior to SDSU was enemas u last year.

Grand Canyon beat SDSU last year as well. They also beat Houston last year. UNM had a down year 2 years ago, but Grand Canyon beat them.

As of 5:10 pm MST NMSU still sucks

But based on performance they would easily be battling La Tech, MSTSU and UAB for the top spot the last two years and win this year if in CUSA. CUSA really doesn't deserve one in the NCAA if selection Sunday was this weekend. The only quality win for all the teams is FAU's upset of Ohio State, that's it.

But has anyone seen Long Beach State OOC schedule? Wow, brutal schedule.

Reactions: UTEP05
Grand Canyon beat SDSU last year as well. They also beat Houston last year. UNM had a down year 2 years ago, but Grand Canyon beat them.
SDSU couldn't score against anyone last year. Houston was a neutral court win, as was Marshall. The rest was littered with the Bethane-Cooks of the world. This year's team is definitely their best, but they would not have have won CUSA any of the last 5 years, as you implied.

SDSU couldn't score against anyone last year. Houston was a neutral court win, as was Marshall. The rest was littered with the Bethane-Cooks of the world. This year's team is definitely their best, but they would not have have won CUSA any of the last 5 years, as you implied.

Who cares if Houston was a neutral court win? A win is a win.

I think Grand Canyon could have won it last year.

Not sure what you're talking about, but SDSU was 28-10 last year and were the Mountain West conference champs
To stay on point, which you can never do, Grand Canyon would not have won CUSA any of the last 5 years.

To stay on point, which you can never do, Grand Canyon would not have won CUSA any of the last 5 years.

How did I go off topic? Grand Canyon beat the Mountain West conference champs last year by 8 on the road. I think they would do just fine in CUSA.

I have yet to hear any valid points from you.

How did I go off topic? Grand Canyon beat the Mountain West conference champs last year by 8 on the road. I think they would do just fine in CUSA.

I have yet to hear any valid points from you.
At 11-3, that would not have even won their own conference, and the WAC is no Mountain West. Capiche? Doing "just fine" is not winning the CUSA, which you claimed they could have anytime in the last 5 years. I say no. Beating SDSU on the road is a nice win, but it doesn't make you CUSA champ. Heck, this same conversation about nmsu winning cusa has been made several times before. This is the first time you bring up Grand Canyon, why not last year? Again, yours was a pure bandwagon reaction.

At 11-3, that would not have even won their own conference, and the WAC is no Mountain West. Capiche? Doing "just fine" is not winning the CUSA, which you claimed they could have anytime in the last 5 years. I say no. Beating SDSU on the road is a nice win, but it doesn't make you CUSA champ. Heck, this same conversation about nmsu winning cusa has been made several times before. This is the first time you bring up Grand Canyon, why not last year? Again, yours was a pure bandwagon reaction.

I think Grand Canyon could have won CUSA last year. If you recall, UAB (a 5 seed) won the conference tournament

I only signed up a few months ago, but no purpose saying that since you think I have multiple accounts on here.

Winning the conference championship doesn't get you a Big Dance invite.
Jesus, Chi...The question posted was could nmsu have "won the conference, not the tournament" (go back and read it) anytime over the last 5 years. You chimed in that Grand Canyon could have. Go back over their last 5 years and tell me which team of theirs could have? Last year was their best year, and still they would not have won their conference. Again, why have you not sung their praises before? I can't make anymore valid points than that. Bye bye

Jesus, Chi...The question posted was could nmsu have "won the conference, not the tournament" (go back and read it) anytime over the last 5 years. You chimed in that Grand Canyon could have. Go back over their last 5 years and tell me which team of theirs could have? Last year was their best year, and still they would not have won their conference. Again, why have you not sung their praises before? I can't make anymore valid points than that. Bye bye

I have made many points about Grand Canyon over the past month.

Eventhough Grand Canyon was exempt from conference tournaments, I think they would have won a conference tournament championship if they had a chance AND I think they would have been conference regular season champs.

Go on thinking that SDSU was not good last year. lol

I have made many points about Grand Canyon over the past month.

Eventhough Grand Canyon was exempt from conference tournaments, I think they would have won a conference tournament championship if they had a chance AND I think they would have been conference regular season champs.

Go on thinking that SDSU was not good last year. lol
Exactly my point about your reaction being a bandwagon reaction. Your second paragraph makes no sense. They played a full conference schedule last year and finish second. They were exempt from the tournament, not from being named conference champions, so they had their chance. Didn't do it. Lastly, I'll give you a hundred bucks and call you by your current handle if you can show me where I said SDSU was no good last year.

Lastly, I'll give you a hundred bucks and call you by your current handle if you can show me where I said SDSU was no good last year.

There you go. Don't need your money.

I said:
"Grand Canyon beat SDSU last year as well. They also beat Houston last year. UNM had a down year 2 years ago, but Grand Canyon beat them."

You said:
"SDSU couldn't score against anyone last year. Houston was a neutral court win, as was Marshall. The rest was littered with the Bethane-Cooks of the world. This year's team is definitely their best, but they would not have have won CUSA any of the last 5 years, as you implied."

There you go. Don't need your money.

I said:
"Grand Canyon beat SDSU last year as well. They also beat Houston last year. UNM had a down year 2 years ago, but Grand Canyon beat them."

You said:
"SDSU couldn't score against anyone last year. Houston was a neutral court win, as was Marshall. The rest was littered with the Bethane-Cooks of the world. This year's team is definitely their best, but they would not have have won CUSA any of the last 5 years, as you implied."
So where did I say SDSU was no good? Those are the words you claim I said, chi.

According to allminer San Diego State "couldn't score against anyone last year" and they went 28-10. Allminer is a clown!! :D

Reactions: alvinosports
HAHA! For some reason it's even funnier when written in Spanish.
Hmm, that's weird, you have even liked my posts where I expressed my dissatisfaction with Floyd and his need to go. This nut calls me a homer and you go his way, chi? Make up your mind.

Hmm, that's weird, you have even liked my posts where I expressed my dissatisfaction with Floyd and his need to go. This nut calls me a homer and you go his way, chi? Make up your mind.

The post was hilarious, so that's why I liked it. Sorry you got your feelings hurt.

It's sad that we lost and no one is even mad about that. Instead we're arguing about teams in other conferences.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT