ADVERTISEMENT

OPT and Game Thread: Men's Hoops @ UT

As I’m watching the Texas - Gonzaga game…for those that were not impressed with Texas the other night…could it possibly be because Utep slowed the game down and dictated the pace of the game?? Still 6 minutes to go in the half and Texas already has scored 29.

As I’m watching the Texas - Gonzaga game…for those that were not impressed with Texas the other night…could it possibly be because Utep slowed the game down and dictated the pace of the game?? Still 6 minutes to go in the half and Texas already has scored 29.
I forgot the game was tonight. Definitely a different pace than when we played them. Looking good for UT right now.

Reactions: SAMINERGIRL
Top 5 team?
I would say top 10. Very solid defensively, outstanding guard play. Shot the ball really well tonight from 3, unlike their previous games (not included Arkansas). It is still early, and they have yet to play on the road. Beard has another dangerous team.

Reactions: axingfools1
I would say top 10. Very solid defensively, outstanding guard play. Shot the ball really well tonight from 3, unlike their previous games (not included Arkansas). It is still early, and they have yet to play on the road. Beard has another dangerous team.
Texas has to go win on the road but after what they did to Gonzaga they definitely looks like a team that can make a run to Houston in March.

Reactions: Lil_Train
I was thinking about you while watching that game. Not sure if I was wrong about Texas, wrong about us, or both. Gonzaga is no slouch and were run out of the building.

Is Texas susceptible to an extremely good defensive team? Maybe the Miners showed the blueprint? That was an exceptional scouting and coaching job by Golding to make Texas look like they did against us.

The Miners held them to 4 of 14 shooting from 3, and they were 13-33 against Gonzaga. It makes me wonder how they will do against Creighton on the 1st, as they are very strong defensively. I am looking forward to seeing what happens there.

Reactions: SAMINERGIRL
Defense is waaaaaaaay better than last years team. Last year, opponents just had to focus on how to limit Boum and Kennedy, mainly Boum. This year Golding has more bullets in his holster and Z.O. and Kalu have given UTEP a better presence inside with their great improvement over the summer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT