ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Ominous Vibe

"Citizens of the Russian republic of Chechnya are reporting that they are being kidnapped against their will and forced to fight as “volunteers” in Russia’s war in Ukraine, according to several human rights organizations.

Hundreds of Chechen people are being rounded up for “mass abductions,” 1Adat, a human rights group that advocates against corruption in Chechnya and Russian propaganda, reported.

“The abducted are required to sign a paper stating that they are volunteers to be sent to Ukraine, otherwise they are threatened with fabrication of criminal cases,” 1Adat said in a statement. “Everyone who goes to Ukraine in this way will be used on the front line, like cannon fodder.”"https://news.yahoo.com/russia-accused-kidnapping-own-citizens-192207762.html

“Several Lenovo Partners declined to comment for this article, out of fear of reprisal. One solution provider offered comment on the condition of anonymity: “Computer technology is really the enabler to a lot of good things and a lot of bad things. As long as Russia is able to get state-of-the-art technology, they are going to put it to bad use. Lenovo should stop doing business there. At the end of the day, these computers have Intel or AMD processors and those are American companies – the supply chain starts here and they wouldn’t be able to even deliver to Russia without us.”-CRN.com

https://www.crn.com/Lenovo-Acer-Asus-Get-F-Grade-For-Still-Operating-In-Russia-Yale-Report

I work in the food industry delivering to restaurants and schools and we're at an all time high in unfulfilled orders. It won't be long until regular consumers start seeing a lot of their favorite products not available for sale.

• Wow
Reactions: FarWestTexas
You think? I wonder how much all these gun issues and the potential overturning of Roe/Wade tips the scales back the other way.
While it may play a roll, how can we afford to keep living this way? Surveys show middle of the road people are finally fed up. With biden's approval rating dropping below 30%, the only way the public can make a change currently is their reps.
The shooting in uvalde is tragic. I am not hardcore right enough to not think a few things regarding guns should change. However, beto is hanging his campaign on this ONE issue, playing on a tragedy once again to help him along in his attempt. Unless you are hardcore democrat, all you hear is political speak. There are no plans except "we will take the guns away, blah blah blah..." Most people in Texas are smart enough to see through the smoke screen. We DO care about the border crisis. We DO care about 2nd amendment rights. We DID want our economy back open as soon as possible saving our states economy.
Roe/wade hasn't been overturned, yet. (btw I am pro choice myself) I doubt that will have any impact even if it is.

I personally believe folks are tired of the fast downward spiral we are in and the only way out is changing the status quo.

BTW....why can't we have term limits? ugh...

Reactions: Dmanminer
Eh, mid terms are always precarious for the opposing party. The Dubya 2006 "It was thumping" rings in a congressmans' head like the call girl they had the night before: "Will this come to haunt my re-election?!", but they never seem to learn.

Even with the Jan 6th committee going public and live on Thurday will not hurt the GOP if inflation is not curbed. What hurt Bush and extremely corrupt Trump was not the massive move to the (judicial) right, but the economy going south. Same goes for Carter in the 70's when Americans had to wait in line for gas.

• Haha
Reactions: T-6 Miner
But back to the title of this thread, "Ominous Vibe", the next year is going to be tough all because Vlad thinks Ukraine must belong to Russia (rich lands and ideal trans hubs) and Ukrainian people don't deserve self-governance. He doesn't need to fire off a nuke, he already fired off an economic one that we feel even in far west Texas.

World economy will shrink thanks to Russia

While it may play a roll, how can we afford to keep living this way? Surveys show middle of the road people are finally fed up. With biden's approval rating dropping below 30%, the only way the public can make a change currently is their reps.
The shooting in uvalde is tragic. I am not hardcore right enough to not think a few things regarding guns should change. However, beto is hanging his campaign on this ONE issue, playing on a tragedy once again to help him along in his attempt. Unless you are hardcore democrat, all you hear is political speak. There are no plans except "we will take the guns away, blah blah blah..." Most people in Texas are smart enough to see through the smoke screen. We DO care about the border crisis. We DO care about 2nd amendment rights. We DID want our economy back open as soon as possible saving our states economy.
Roe/wade hasn't been overturned, yet. (btw I am pro choice myself) I doubt that will have any impact even if it is.

I personally believe folks are tired of the fast downward spiral we are in and the only way out is changing the status quo.

BTW....why can't we have term limits? ugh...
You may be right. When people’s $ is affected all bets are off.

You may be right. When people’s $ is affected all bets are off.
serenity-now.gif

I’ve had some guys try to break into my car a month back and my dogs scared them off before anything could happen. I do own firearms but it never got to that point. Looking back it wouldn’t have been foolish for me to confront them armed because that could have turned into a mess. To me, confronting them outside would have been foolish because I don’t want to put my family in danger, especially if I’m running outside and the door’s unlocked behind me.
Dogs are more effective than guns at preventing break-ins and thefts. If you don't have a dog for inside the house, your missing a very key component of home defense just by alerting owners of impending doom. Dogs know what's going to happen before it happens. The Night Stalker, Richard Ramirez, said he hated dogs and avoided them at all costs. That said a dog and a gun can be a formidable combination.

Reactions: axingfools1
Dogs are more effective than guns at preventing break-ins and thefts. If you don't have a dog for inside the house, your missing a very key component of home defense just by alerting owners of impending doom. Dogs know what's going to happen before it happens. The Night Stalker, Richard Ramirez, said he hated dogs and avoided them at all costs. That said a dog and a gun can be a formidable combination.
Ramirez apparently hated locked windows as well

• Haha
Reactions: JCorona and jdubb66
Most votes of any president in history! More than Obama!
That's a relative number. He did get the most votes against any incumbent since like the 1930's. A lot of people voted for Biden, but a lot also voted to vote against Trump.

The thing is there is no such thing as Biden fans...
What's the point of responding? His resume speaks for itself. As for the economy right now, he got bad advice but it's squarely on him. He fumbled the ball and now he has egg on his face.

The thing is there is no such thing as Biden fans...
Not in the same sense that there are Trump fans. Trump fans will excuse his behavior and decisions no matter what. With no exception. To the point there were people actually drinking bleach. Biden supporters don’t have that same need to justify and/or excuse everything. President Biden should be held accountable. Most of the stuff in this thread are typical GOP clickbait’ish talking points but Biden is Commander in Chief and the buck stops with him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT