ADVERTISEMENT

Southern Utah vs UTEP at the Don

Golding has made great strides and 22-23 look promising with claiming the crown in the west division aspirations; however, reality will bite tonight. Southern Utah should not be taken lightly but I have a hunch they will be but it's not like it's a NCAA Sweet 16 type tournament game. I agree with rounds; Boum and Bienemy need to go have fun tonight.

Sucky Ass Border College (According to Fili) 64
"Festival City College" 66

"Cedar City, Utah has earned the distinction of being Festival City, USA due to its incredible theatrical and cultural offerings: like the Utah Shakespeare Festival, Neil Simon Festival, Utah Summer Games and Cedar City Livestock & Heritage Festival. Cedar City was selected by Where To Retire Magazine as one of their “Top Five Places To Retire”.- Cedar City, Utah

Reactions: groundrounds
One of their bigs is a junior from LA and the other is a freshman from Iran. They have a lot of senior guards.
They have 21 wins and will be tough, as 2step mentioned.
Ah, the rebounding issue again. Our guards will have to step up again.

They're dangerous. They already took out 23-win Kent St.

It's at the Don, so I give UTEP the slight edge, but anything could happen.

Golding has made great strides and 22-23 look promising with claiming the crown in the west division aspirations; however, reality will bite tonight. Southern Utah should not be taken lightly but I have a hunch they will be but it's not like it's a NCAA Sweet 16 type tournament game. I agree with rounds; Boum and Bienemy need to go have fun tonight.

Sucky Ass Border College (According to Fili) 64
"Festival City College" 66

"Cedar City, Utah has earned the distinction of being Festival City, USA due to its incredible theatrical and cultural offerings: like the Utah Shakespeare Festival, Neil Simon Festival, Utah Summer Games and Cedar City Livestock & Heritage Festival. Cedar City was selected by Where To Retire Magazine as one of their “Top Five Places To Retire”.- Cedar City, Utah

You think UTEP is in the same tier as Stanford and Cornell.

Reactions: MinerFan79
They were the 2 seed in the Big Sky and had NCAA hopes of winning the conference tournament, but choked Big Time against Portland St. They're about on the level of Charlotte or ODU if I had to handicap them. We should get by, but it'll be much tougher than the last game.

They were the 2 seed in the Big Sky and had NCAA hopes of winning the conference tournament, but choked Big Time against Portland St. They're about on the level of Charlotte or ODU if I had to handicap them. We should get by, but it'll be much tougher than the last game.
Their schedule is not impressive with recent losses to Montana State (twice in Feb), Northern Colorado and U of Montana. They've had 8 wins to 5 losses since feb 1.

I think UTEP has had an impressive season but due to personnel, they're susceptible to matchup problems. If the shots aren't falling, there are certain matchups where I think UTEP would have trouble adjusting.
I would agree with that. We struggle with big men...and especially when there are a couple decent bigs on the court together. Long quick wings tend to give us trouble too. Any of those combos can make for a long night for the Miners.

We've shown we can beat some good teams, but we've also shown we can lose to some not so great teams.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT