ADVERTISEMENT

Sun Bowl renovations

I don’t know man, that’s around how much I make. If it wasn’t for the 15-20 hrs of ot every week I would barely survive.

I think it’s only fair to pay them $25hr, plus housing, as you mentioned, and also $1000 a month of food stamps and free health insurance.

We don’t want them to be overworked and struggling.

Sounds good, but now we couldn’t possibly put them ahead of African-Americans for those jobs now.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
There was an elevator that went up to the press box area...so I wonder if there an additional one that she's talking about or just a reno. Can't wait to see the final result.

I think there is a new elevator is now going to be going from the press box to the concourse level.

All the big schools and coaches are cheating. Its like steroids in baseball and cycling in the 90s and 2000s. Everybody does it. If you don't then you can't keep up.

I wouldn't say "all" and "everybody". It's just more prevalent than people think.

Meh it's a slap on the wrist and to what Axing mentioned, all schools cheat.

Also shockingly: I follow UTEP far more than I do A&M. Yeah A&M is mediocre to good, but never will root for them more than my hometown Miners.

Are you an A&M graduate?

Meh it's a slap on the wrist and to what Axing mentioned, all schools cheat.

Also shockingly: I follow UTEP far more than I do A&M. Yeah A&M is mediocre to good, but never will root for them more than my hometown Miners.
"All schools cheat"?

I hope that both siderisms logic is not true for all schools. NCAA comes down like a reign of thunder on mid majors.

A lead gift of $5.1 million by El Paso businessman and philanthropist Paul Foster and his wife, Alejandra De la Vega Foster, ensures the completion of the Sun Bowl Renovation Project.

To recognize their incredible support, the structure housing the press box and the Hunt Family Sky Lounge in the iconic stadium will be renamed the Paul and Alejandra Foster Tower.

“Paul and Alejandra have done so much for El Paso and for UTEP. Having their names on the tower will make us smile every time we walk into the Sun Bowl. We’re very thankful for their generosity,” said UTEP President Heather Wilson.

“We can’t thank Paul and Alejandra enough for their generosity and for their continued support of UTEP and UTEP Athletics,” said UTEP Director of Athletics Jim Senter. “And, we can’t wait for our fans to experience the new and improved Sun Bowl! Paul and Alejandra’s vision aligned with ours, and their dedication and kindness was absolutely critical to making the dream a reality. The Paul and Alejandra Foster Tower will be gorgeous, and a centerpiece of this spectacular renovation.”

“We are pleased to be a part of the Sun Bowl renovation project, and proud to dedicate the Paul and Alejandra Foster Tower as part of this important initiative to give the Sun Bowl a new look and new amenities,” said Paul Foster. “Alejandra and I try to focus much of our civic and charitable giving on effective, sustainable quality-of-life projects. The Sun Bowl has been a big part of El Paso’s quality of life for over 57 years, representing our City and public university in a very unique way. We’re happy to be a part of renovating this iconic venue.”

The Foster gift is instrumental in the overall development of the Sun Bowl Renovation Project, including the installation of:

• 499 outdoor club seats
  • 26 loge boxes
  • New 40-foot bar at the club level
  • Addition of club level outdoor pavilion
  • Creation of four suites (first-ever in the Sun Bowl)
  • New HVAC and updated audio visual capabilities in the press box
  • Updated tower façade
  • New premium seating and hospitality entrance
  • Renovated restrooms and concessions at the club level

They could have used that 5 million to build a sps for the Locomotive. Very nice of them to instead rescue Senter’s project.

Reactions: axingfools1
I'm not sure minor league soccer is a great investment.
What do they get back from donating 5 million into UTEP? IMO spending five million into their minor league team they own is a better investment than donating five million to a university neither attended.

Reactions: axingfools1
What do they get back from donating 5 million into UTEP? IMO spending five million into their minor league team they own is a better investment than donating five million to a university neither attended.

The visibility at UTEP is 1000 times greater than any USL team. No to mention the people who will sit in those seats are wealthy and connected. If your looking for investors which they constantly are the 5 million investment in UTEP will pay for itself in short order.

The visibility at UTEP is 1000 times greater than any USL team. No to mention the people who will sit in those seats are wealthy and connected. If your looking for investors which they constantly are the 5 million investment in UTEP will pay for itself in short order.

Hilarious. Like the “wealthy and connected” in El Paso need to know who the Fosters are and vice versa.

You mean like the historic donation he made at Baylor? IMO the visibility there is 1000 times greater than what he will get at UTEP.

You mean like the historic donation he made at Baylor? IMO the visibility there is 1000 times greater than what he will get at UTEP.

Not exactly. He gave to Baylot because it's his alma mater. It's a gift of love. I dont think he does buisness in Waco. He does business in El Paso. The gift to UTEP is about buisness as much as anything else. Nobody will argue that a Baylor is more visible than UTEP. However, the donation to UTEP is more valuable to him from a buisness perspective because he does buisness in El Paso. Someone mentioned above he knows the people in El Paso. Alot of the people that have bought premium football seats aren't from El Paso. Theres some meat on the bone there.

Foster has been prolific in donating/rejuvenating EP. I wish we would see more involvement with UTEP athletics, but I appreciate what he has done for El Paso 100%.

Unless he’s paying for coaching buyouts, not sure what good his donations would actually do though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT